(Topic ID: 147401)

Bible Adventures Pinball Discussion Thread

By pinballlife

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

aPuz5 (resized).jpg
    5144443 (resized).jpg
    Screen Shot 2018-01-25 at 5.33.20 PM (resized).png
    image1 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    Creación_de_Bible_Adventures.jpg
    ba.png
    1516475018070810693597893017888 (resized).jpg
    bible.png
    MatchBC (resized).jpg
    14986010318881102019668 (resized).jpg
    Drain (resized).png
    DissinTerry (resized).jpg
    e841bec0c24f33a59abd49c6b2c549fe (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ThatOneDude.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#416 6 years ago
    Quoted from benheck:

Please keep your politics and beliefs out of my Bible Adventures game, thanks.

Love your work, but I doubt that this will happen. Even ignoring non-believers(of which I am one, before anyone gets twitchy with the reply), no matter how it's spun, it's going to piss off some group.
    Not saying it's a reason to not do it. It's just an inherently religious theme, and you'll always get blowback.

#421 6 years ago

Disclaimer: I am just passing on observations. I have no axe to grind with making this game.

Quoted from taz:

No one has to believe in a theme for it to be enjoyable implemented as a pin or have its own immersion into something beyond our world.

I think the problem is likely the exact opposite. A lot of people do believe in this theme, many viewing it as a cornerstone of their worldview. For some of those, no matter how respectful Ben is, it won't be enough. For others, it will be too serious. For some, it will resonate. For others, it will be actively repellent. Same as any other theme, really, but I think the religious aspect will amplify those feelings a bit more than usual. So, I think that Ben should go in expecting flack. It's just the nature of the beast.

Quoted from taz:

Country bars would buy a ton of Toby Keith pins

I'm not usually one for destroying a perfectly good game for a retheme, but I think you just hit my trigger point(and gag reflex). I'd have to turn it into a Chumbawumba theme on general principle! ;P

#423 6 years ago
    Quoted from ThatOneDude:

I have no axe to grind with making this game.

Ok, I should have noted that I DO have an axe to grind RE a Toby Kieth pinball

#424 6 years ago

So, is the focal point the Red Sea split? I could see "Tower of Babel" being a Medieval Madness style centerpiece.

#428 6 years ago
    Quoted from taz:

Soooo, long story short, I now suspect whoever makes a Toby Keith pin will sell thousands of games, even if I'm not their target demographic.

Of that I have no doubt. I was subjected to his music a lot in the midwest. I would happily sand his visage off of a playfield and replace it with just about anything else. Maybe Flock of Seagulls. Swap the music for the sound of two pieces of styrofoam being rubbed together.

#449 6 years ago

To replicate the parting like this, you might ditch the single vice jaws and opt for multiple smaller jaws that open independently, allowing you to make it look like it is opening from one side first. Stagger the opening of each one by .5 seconds, then close them all at the same time.

#451 6 years ago
    Quoted from hooch333:

nobody really believes in any of that wack-a-doo baloney, but they sure love to play the pinball machines!

The problem is not what people don't believe in, but rather what they do believe in. But I've already talked about that above.

If you are ignoring NT, I think that the part of the Red Sea is the top playfield action. I would also add a "destructible" Tower of Babel, ala Medieval Madness, because it would be flashy and easily recognized.
    Might steer clear of the baby killing bits of the Moses story, which would throw out the plagues(unless you just ignore the last one). I'm fairly certain that bit would be overly controversial. You could do some desert wandering bits, kinda like the raft advance of White Water. Could be some good humor to be had from a Eden sequence. Have a mode where you throw apples at the snake, for example. A rain warning hurry up for a Noah's Ark sequence could be hilarious if done right.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ThatOneDude.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bible-adventures-pinball-discussion-thread?tu=ThatOneDude and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.