(Topic ID: 147401)

Bible Adventures Pinball Discussion Thread

By pinballlife

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

aPuz5 (resized).jpg
    5144443 (resized).jpg
    Screen Shot 2018-01-25 at 5.33.20 PM (resized).png
    image1 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    Creación_de_Bible_Adventures.jpg
    ba.png
    1516475018070810693597893017888 (resized).jpg
    bible.png
    MatchBC (resized).jpg
    14986010318881102019668 (resized).jpg
    Drain (resized).png
    DissinTerry (resized).jpg
    e841bec0c24f33a59abd49c6b2c549fe (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Taxman.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#44 8 years ago

The Tower of Babel mode is a hurry up while the tower crumbles. You have to make a certain amount of shots. But while its telling you what to shoot for the language setting keeps changing.

#49 8 years ago
    Quoted from benheck:

PS: We worked "LION MAN!" into Rob Zombie, I see no reason it can't find its way into this.

That is a riot.

#54 8 years ago

Hey, for Noah and the Ark you can re-use the animal ramp from Popeye. (flame suit on)

#59 8 years ago
    Quoted from Haymaker:

how about Quaran adventures pinball? Or perhaps Torah the pinball?

Well, go start a thread and see what ideas you get. This thread is titled Bible Adventures and is getting quite a lot of lively feedback based on that.

#62 8 years ago
    Quoted from Methos:

I believe it OT only, so no Revelation, no rapture, etc.

Yes, and Genesis turned out to be just creepy.

Genesis_(resized).jpgGenesis_(resized).jpg

#107 8 years ago
    Quoted from benheck:

Could be cool to have a double-high color display. Could keep all 4 scores (or ball/player info) top and bottom to letterbox the actual video in an aspect ratio close to 2.35 (scope)
    Actual video size would be 128x48 which is only 4 sectors more per frame than Rob Zombie.

Think big. Even Sega games all had 6 players. This could have 7.

#111 8 years ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

Wouldn't 12 be appropriate?

No, pre Christ. Otherwise you'd have to have a baker's dozen. And a little Judas bash toy swinging from a rope. - Collect Silver.

See, has to stay old testament or it just starts getting funny.

#144 8 years ago
    Quoted from Mr68:

I'd mod my game with dinosaurs.

Dude, I always thought if you did a BBH with dinosaurs running across the playfield you would have a killer hit.

#191 8 years ago

If you defeat the Council of Nicaea does this open the hypocraful modes?

#196 8 years ago
    Quoted from Methos:

Do you mean apocrypha?

That's it. Sorry, middle of the night you'd think I'd look it up before guessing based on phonetics. (I was going to say fonetic spelling)

I'm Byzantine Catholic, instead of AAB (Add A Ball) we want AAA (Add An Archangel) or something like a troll bomb. Every once and I while you can call in the divine intervention.

#199 8 years ago

Hmm, lots of good terms.

For Ball Saves I like "Ball Save Us" or "Salvation"

You know how some games know there are cheap ball losses from magnets or like IJ the drop pops the ball it knows to give it back? This could be a "Forgiveness".

If you earn a free ball from score threshold I think "Penance Earned"

Free Game from Match or High Score Award "Resurrection" or "Redemption" fits well.

Another useful term is "absolution", sounds like a good skill shot.

Unless the game is about souls. Then it is Soul Saved or Free Soul...

Oh, I think a 3-way combo is a "Holy Trinity" and instead of Jackpot Lit it could be Candle Lit.

For multipliers little crosses instead of 2X and 3X

And if you read this far maybe real short legs on the game so you have to play on your knees.

Sit, Stand, Kneel, Pray.

#232 8 years ago

The pop bumpers should be pillars. Then you can have a Death Of Sampson mode. When you get enough pop hits it brings the temple down on the Philistines.

1 week later
    #249 8 years ago
    Quoted from ptrav1:

OK so who is the callout voice? Moses? Solomon (wisest guy in the OT) seems like a legitimate guy to provide direction during your game.

James Earl Jones - period

#258 8 years ago
    Quoted from benheck:

...I don't plan to have God in the game at all.

You're right. A George burns imitator is not the same.

3 months later
    #292 8 years ago

Bump

2 months later
    #294 7 years ago

bb_(resized).jpgbb_(resized).jpg

#306 7 years ago
    Quoted from pinballlife:

Interestingly, no license would be required, yet it is the ultimate license.
    Terry.

Screw up this title and you're going to Hell.

Can you imagine getting a C&D from Noah saying he want to be depicted larger on the backglass and not quite so heavy.

2 months later
    #309 7 years ago
    Quoted from 2Kaulitz:

Could this be spooky game #3

I thought Spooky #3 was Domino Pizza.

If it is JPP or Hieghway #3 we won't see it until after the resurrection.

Edit: Never mind I see the almost announcement in the other thread.

#313 7 years ago
    Quoted from benheck:

Bible Adventures is not in the queue.
    I still think it would fit pinball AMAZINGLY well.

Okay then, I give up. What is it?

#327 7 years ago

I want a signed version.

#344 7 years ago
    Quoted from benheck:

... Revelations for End Times Wizard Mode...

I've seen both "End of Times" and "End Of Days". Is there a difference?

#368 7 years ago
    Quoted from pinballlife:

The Ramones is also a dream theme of mine. I doubt it would do well either. I hope it would, but I have my reservations. I love surprises though.
    Terry.

A music themed pin where even with a short ball time the song still finishes first.

The sling shot plastics would have to be pizza slices.

5 months later
    #392 7 years ago

I don't know why it popped up in your thoughts either. But we have had some good discussions and ideas.

#394 7 years ago
    Quoted from pinballlife:

Wife is just out of surgery, so as her primary care giver I'm not getting a lot of sleep.
    Terry.

Sorry to hear your going though one of those tough trials in life. I have been there and understand, it is almost a confusion of just doing what needs to be done as an automatic response to someone you care about needing you. You don't even think about it and just do what needs to be done. It does take a toll on you but you would have it not other way. In the end no matter how beaten up you feel, you will with look at yourself and know you did what had to be done.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your wife. God bless.

3 months later
    #399 6 years ago
    Quoted from benheck:

The plan from the start was Old Testament only. It's much more bad-ass (and also provides compatibility with the Jewish faith)
    Note: Bible Adventures is not the game I'm currently working on for Spooky.

Who are you working on it for?

#407 6 years ago

What I don't understand is why people want to come here and trash a discussion about a possible them for a pinball machine. No one is discussing the religious aspects in a way where anyone is trying to convert or argue the validity. It is a discussion about some very old stories that many people know and how those could be translated into a pinball machine.

I get the "No Religion On Pinside" thing. But if it becomes and actual pin do you want to ignore that it exists? Should it not be entered into the game database? And if you do want to ignore it there is an easy way, drain the treads that discuss them.

#409 6 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Could a US government pinball theme be discussed here without getting political? Or would it be up to the interpretation of the mods who is crossing the line in such a discussion? Or who they would let slide for one reason or another.
    We all are supposed to play by the same rules here and there is good reason discussing politics and religion are not allowed on this website.

Well, it would probably matter who started the conversation and why. If it was a serious discussion it would probably be allowed. This theme is a known pet idea by Ben who has actually proven himself to be a serious person who can make a pinball machine even though it is hard. The thread was started as a serious discussion from Terry.

And don't be dissin Terry -

DissinTerry (resized).jpgDissinTerry (resized).jpg

#411 6 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

WTF r u talking about? and wanting to keep religion out of it is just plain stupid, they are just old stories? even more stupid as the atrocities both ancient and modern make everything in the Bible open to discussion, its a terrible book with the Old Testament being one of the worst pieces of crap ever written and a terrible idea for a pin, sorry Ben but this idea sucks.

Then you are not here to discuss, just insult.

Drain (resized).pngDrain (resized).png

#432 6 years ago
    Quoted from Stones:

It could be licencing issues.....

Nailed it.

#447 6 years ago
    Quoted from benheck:

Yes that is what I want. 1950s style fire and brimstone! Also, sprinkle in some God of War.

Is the 50/60's movie stuff public domain yet? Sex sells

Soloman and Sheba
    Sins of Jezebel
    Sodom and Gomorrah
    David and Bathsheba
    Esther and the King

Man the adultery ran amok in those days.

Edit: Too bad Caligula was AD

#454 6 years ago
    Quoted from benheck:

Thinking maybe do it like this vice. Have a Stepper motor and a single drive rod, but use left and right threaded nuts to make the "sides of the sea" open and close symmetrically.

Man you over engineer everything.

Why not just a ramp with a diverter that has to get moved out of the way? It keeps looping you back to pharaoh unless opened to get to the promised land. That actually ends up being a dessert the ball seem to get wandering in for years.

#456 6 years ago
    Quoted from dgarrett:

Avoids expense of coils, a screw driven motor w/opposite threads can open and close the red sea.

You know in final production it will just all get dropped and a stand up target put in anyway.

3 weeks later
    #471 6 years ago

The scores should be in Roman Numerals so drunks in a bar have to figure out who won -

MatchBC (resized).jpgMatchBC (resized).jpg

6 months later
    #482 6 years ago
    Quoted from benheck:

LET THERE BE FOAM CORE!

Sweet, I love the fact that this might become a reality. After all this time of sound boarding ideas it will be great to see what gets into the final game. (Samson pillar pops?)

#485 6 years ago

I'm just hoping he's not going to over-engineer a parting of the red sea.

#488 6 years ago
    Quoted from benheck:

Main toys I'd like to have:
    Rotating scoop (as pictured) Holds 3 balls and can eject them at any angle.
    Crumbling walls of Jericho (rear orbit)
    Samson above pops shaking pillars (that might change the path of ball on ramp shots)
    Some part of the PF that cracks open and reveal a path for Exodus MB.

The playfield cracking be something like Earthshaker.

#489 6 years ago
    Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Dear God. They let you out of the asylum!!

We had a GoFundMe to get him out. You were noticeable missed

#502 6 years ago
    Quoted from jfre81:

I'll buy NIB if it has a Jesus multiball mode that "heals" anything broken on the PF when I shoot it.

No Jesus. This is all BC - Old Testament. You will still have to fix things yourself.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Taxman.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bible-adventures-pinball-discussion-thread?tu=Taxman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.