(Topic ID: 147401)

Bible Adventures Pinball Discussion Thread

By pinballlife

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

aPuz5 (resized).jpg
    5144443 (resized).jpg
    Screen Shot 2018-01-25 at 5.33.20 PM (resized).png
    image1 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    Creación_de_Bible_Adventures.jpg
    ba.png
    1516475018070810693597893017888 (resized).jpg
    bible.png
    MatchBC (resized).jpg
    14986010318881102019668 (resized).jpg
    Drain (resized).png
    DissinTerry (resized).jpg
    e841bec0c24f33a59abd49c6b2c549fe (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider JoelOmatik.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#77 8 years ago

If the Exodus and Ten Plagues are included, you must include a black out mode (a la Fade to Black in Metallica) where the lights dim (or are completely off) to simulate the 9th darkness plague inflicted against Pharaoh. Another nod to MET, Creeping Death should play in the background, as it's based on the Exodus.

Check out this awesome Passover version somebody made of it

#81 8 years ago
    Quoted from benheck:

Yeah the "big show MB" is Exodus, advanced by making 10 shots for the 10 plagues. That blackout idea is AWESOME and a great lead up to the final shot.

Some lighting/other effects to be considered (or laughably rejected) for each plague:

1. Water Turned to Blood: LEDs start as bright blue, but gradually change into red.

2. Frogs: LEDs and GI randomly flash green to simulate frogs hopping everywhere.

3. Lice: Slow, random alternate pulsing of white GI lights to simulate nasty lice crawling everywhere.

4. Flies: Similar to lice. Lights and GI flicker at a frenzied pace to resemble a swarm of flies in playfield.

5. Livestock Diseases/6. Boils: Maybe random, slow pulsing red, orange and yellow LEDs to mimic festering boils (Yuck!)

7. Hail: similar to flies effects, but lights pulse more darkly. (Include a shaker motor to simulate hail pounding on roofs and the ground, with added thumping that gradually increases until cabinet shakes in a frenzy)

8. Locusts: similar to hail and flies. Just add buzzing locust swarm sounds.

9. Darkness: Already explained in my previous post. Add some lightning/thunder and shaker motor effects too! Think of the game over flashlamp effects of AFM, T2, MM and NF for reference.

10. Death of the First Born: Different shots display lambs blood being smeared over different doors to repel the plague.

#197 8 years ago
    Quoted from Taxman:

instead of AAB (Add A Ball) we want AAA (Add An Archangel) or something like a troll bomb. Every once and I while you can call in the divine intervention.

I like it! Divine intervention can also be a ball save, but that's just me

Other terms: (Can be used as a Ball Save, or extra ball Shoot Again)

-Salvation
    -The Holy Spirit (a flashing cross)
    -God is With You
    -Resurrection
    -Save us From Evil!
    -Deliver us From Sin!
    -Redemption

The Trinity could be your playfield multiplier, displayed by 3 lights:
    Father: Lit after Crucifixion mode start.
    Son: 2x playfield multiplier.
    Holy Ghost: 3x playfield multiplier. Now hit the lit apostle shots for some biblical scores!

#198 8 years ago

Pipe organ music like this would be fitting when entering high score initials.

#205 8 years ago
    Quoted from Methos:

Ben has stated the pin would only use OT sourced material.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Old_Testament

Works for me. I'm honestly not well-versed on what's Old/New Testament. I was just picking random words that refer to having your ball saved.

#216 8 years ago
    Quoted from calico1997:

Do you guys remember this from the film Special When Lit??

IMG_1967_(resized).PNGIMG_1968_(resized).PNGIMG_1969_(resized).PNGIMG_1970_(resized).PNGIMG_1971_(resized).PNGIMG_1972_(resized).PNG

I'd love stained glass art for this pin. Even if it's not real stained glass (although that would be freaking awesome), I'd like something like this:

Backglass:
    image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

Backbox sides:

#228 8 years ago
    Quoted from benheck:

Stained glass is a cool idea and while it fits theme it doesn't fit the tone I'm aiming for.

Gotcha. What about William Blake, Michelangelo, or something similar? I always loved those old paintings. Each piece can be a different story, but all would match the theme. Somebody mentioned Scott of Riot Pinball. Maybe he can make an iteration of them....More random ideas:

Cabinet sides:

Backglass:

Backbox sides:

#241 8 years ago

This is from the awesome movie 300. Show bloody fight scenes like this, alternating from fast to Hollywood slo-mo when the gore flies.

When weapons make contact, point awards would flash on screen in big numbers, similar to TWD when you blast zombies heads off or stab them in the neck.

2 weeks later
    #259 8 years ago
    Quoted from benheck:

It may not even need a narrator. Everything could be from the perspective of people witnessing the events.

You can have BOTH a narrator and random quotes from other characters, telling you what to shoot for, and random quotes pertinent to the mode being played.

As for a narrator, I'd like somebody with a calm, yet strong voice, similar to Jeremy Irons or Anthony Hopkins. They don't have to speak loudly to deliver powerful lines.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider JoelOmatik.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bible-adventures-pinball-discussion-thread?tu=JoelOmatik and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.