(Topic ID: 147401)

Bible Adventures Pinball Discussion Thread

By pinballlife

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

aPuz5 (resized).jpg
    5144443 (resized).jpg
    Screen Shot 2018-01-25 at 5.33.20 PM (resized).png
    image1 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    Creación_de_Bible_Adventures.jpg
    ba.png
    1516475018070810693597893017888 (resized).jpg
    bible.png
    MatchBC (resized).jpg
    14986010318881102019668 (resized).jpg
    Drain (resized).png
    DissinTerry (resized).jpg
    e841bec0c24f33a59abd49c6b2c549fe (resized).jpg
    There are 539 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 11.
    #1 8 years ago

A fantastic idea, IMHO.
    There is a ton of great material to draw from with lots of built in conflict, which always helps make for great pinball.
    Terry

#2 8 years ago

agree it could fun and a game with lots potential

could have a sub playfield - parting of the red sea - 2 flippers - have to hit 6 targets (RED SEA) in a time frame otherwise you are washed away. could have say 3 rocks (pop up obstacles) that a disc underneath can rotate around changing which obstacle pops up making it harder to hit the 6 targets.

#3 8 years ago

And people will get aroused in the Song of Solomon multiball.

LTG : )

#4 8 years ago

I could see some sort of timed goal to hit certain shots to prevent Abraham from sacrificing Isaac. How about a Plagues of Egypt mode? All kinds of possibilities....

#5 8 years ago

"Resurrection" extra ball, or ball save?

#6 8 years ago

My conversations with Ben regarding Bible Adventures go back several years and I am 100% in!

Tons of possibilities!

Besides the obvious ones such as the plagues wizard mode and the parting of the Red Sea multiball, and Noah's Ark You could have:

Daniel and the Lions Den mode - need to avoid yellow shots (Lions) and hit blue shots to escape.

Jonah and the Whale multiball - lock 3 balls in the Whale and they come blasting out the blow hole.

Samson's locks - hit x targets to build up strength and avoid getting a haircut, as hair is cut flipper strength gets weaker and weaker until you die.

Fiery Furnace, Walls of Jericho, Lot's Wife turning into salt, Cain and Able, David and Goliath, Adam and Eve, etc. Could be the deepest game ever made!

#7 8 years ago

Sodom & Gommorah lower playfield! I would also be way in on a Jack T Chick themed pin.

#8 8 years ago
    Quoted from iron00monkey:

"Resurrection" extra ball, or ball save?

I'm thinking a bonus 30 seconds, a la Black Knight.

#9 8 years ago

I think this would be a great theme. I think you would run out of playfield room before you would run out of mode ideas.

#10 8 years ago

Ben shared some ideas with me a few months ago....after listening to the possibilities and his vision, I am in.

Just don't forget the Judges, some great stories and bad asses, although the ultimate bad ass was King David.

#11 8 years ago

Definitely one pinball I'd never buy
    (or would want to play)

#12 8 years ago

Awesomeness

#13 8 years ago

Yeah Ben seems to throw it out there jokingly , but it actually could work and be quite interesting .

#14 8 years ago

No Terry. what are you thinking? Time to put those iPa beers down. Bible pinball?!! I want some levity in pinball not religion. If a Bible pinball is made than a machine based on the political debates should be built too! Maybe a Barack Obama bash toy and a Donald Trump Super Jack Pot. Not sure where Hillary Clinton would go. Maybe put her on the translite showing some skin! Ugh that's gross. Never mind.

#15 8 years ago

If you don't put Bible in the name, and just make it about the Old Testament then people will love it, religious or not. They're just classic stories, full of crazy shit. Definitely an epic theme.

You could make a great pin off this that wasn't a joke, if you approached it right. No more ball jokes.

#16 8 years ago
    Quoted from AaronJames:

Definitely one pinball I'd never buy
    (or would want to play)

Well at least you are keeping an open mind.

Quoted from kklank:

a machine based on the political debates should be built too! Maybe a Barack Obama bash toy and a Donald Trump Super Jack Pot.

This is a great idea! I can think of a few people I could hit repeatedly with a pinball. I don't think I would even need any rules or modes, just make every shot hit them in the face. You could change out the toys/faces based on your personal leanings and/or who is in office a the time. Do you have to get a license for audio quotes from public figures? I think they fall under different rules for licensing.

#17 8 years ago

Dantes Inferno pinball would work. 7 levels of hell where your ball drains 7 different ways

#18 8 years ago

Stone the pagans to death multiball. Opto below the flippers to detect Lazaruses. Wizard mode start could be like Scared Stiff except for 7 days of creation. The bible is a book of rules and fantastical stories, it's perfect for pinball. The modes write themselves.

#19 8 years ago

I think Ben would make this a great game!

Aaron
    FAST Pinball

#20 8 years ago

When I was a kid, I went to a friend's house to play Nintendo & this was the only game he had. To say I was disappointed would be an understatement, but I played anyway. I didn't convert and my mom said to never go into Chris's house ever again.

#21 8 years ago

NSFW educational video on a Biblical story:

#22 8 years ago
    Quoted from kklank:

No Terry. what are you thinking? Time to put those iPa beers down. Bible pinball?!! I want some levity in pinball not religion. If a Bible pinball is made than a machine based on the political debates should be built too! Maybe a Barack Obama bash toy and a Donald Trump Super Jack Pot. Not sure where Hillary Clinton would go. Maybe put her on the translite showing some skin! Ugh that's gross. Never mind.

Err..Wouldnt Wrath of Olympus sortof fall into this argument too? Gods and deites, someone believed in them once. The same can be said for any norse mythology pinball. In the end, isnt every mythology a religion until many enough accept it what it is...mythology and cultural ideas?

#23 8 years ago

Since Ben made Bill Paxton work as a pinball theme, the Bible should be easy for him.
    Not saying I'd buy one, but I would sure like to see it.

#24 8 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

You could make a great pin off this that wasn't a joke, if you approached it right.

People thought Scoregasm was a joke.

#25 8 years ago

Would be interesting to see of the power supply would be able to handle a direct lightning strike.

#26 8 years ago

The old Testament is full of classic stories and would make a great pin. I think it would work great kind of like TOTAN works. You just progress through the mode to reveal the story. I think some people have their panties in a bunch over the content. Pretty sure Ben Heck isn't going to be trying to convert anyone with a pin. Now, if someone releases a Joel Osteen or Joyce Meyer pin, be afraid!

#27 8 years ago

Like the NES game?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bible_Adventures

Er, maybe not...

BibleAdventuresBoxart_(resized).jpgBibleAdventuresBoxart_(resized).jpg

#28 8 years ago
    Quoted from jwo825:

Now, if someone releases a Joel Osteen or Joyce Meyer pin, be afraid!

Creflo Dollar Gulfstream Jet edition... $10K by Christmas!

#29 8 years ago

Maybe a wizard mode where it admits the whole thing was just a story that got out of hand?

#30 8 years ago

I would forget about it, you would have and "ungodly" time getting it licensed!!

#31 8 years ago

While I have no desire to ever read the actual Bible, it could make for an insane pin. I could get behind a Rapture Wizard Mode for sure.

#32 8 years ago

i'm in. i actually watched the "bible" series that they have on netflix just to get some ideas to toss at ben. there is a lot of source material to work with and the modes are almost already written for you.

#33 8 years ago

Put me down for a Bible Adventures pin.

#34 8 years ago

Ben Heck... he wanted to build Bible Adventures... Charlie denied him 3 times...

I'll say this, Ben is serious about this game and wants to make it work. Basically we never existed without Ben, and he's a guy I'm proud to have as a crazy friend.

Go forth and part the Red Sea Mr. Heck... Spooky will be behind you.

#35 8 years ago

Great mod possibilities with this theme as well.... Lamb's blood topper to put above your game to protect your "firstborn".

#36 8 years ago

OOOOH How about if you make all the ramp shots within 10s of each other, you get Spanish Inquisition Multiball! But don't mention it in the rules because NO ONE EXPECTS THE SPANISH INQUISITION!

#37 8 years ago

I'd just skip right to the best part of the book: Armageddon! Or at least make that a wizard mode.

#38 8 years ago
    Quoted from jayhawkai:

NSFW educational video on a Biblical story:
    » YouTube video

Frick yes! Look mom my avatar is finally relevant!

Love Brad Neely, and I love the idea of a Biblical pinball machine. The old testament is full of crazy stories that would play out as awesome modes.

#39 8 years ago

What I love is that the stories are all tied into to numbers so it fits perfectly with pinball!

Ben, I have been keeping a list of ideas and sketchs for years since we first talked about this... Would love to try a few of those in action.

#40 8 years ago

Why do I get the feeling that an Old Testament Bible Adventures pinball is just an elaborate set up for game that will have a mode that is a story about LIONs and a MAN.... Daniel in the Den of Lions...

Daniellion_(resized).jpgDaniellion_(resized).jpg

daniel-in-the-lions-den-39475-tablet_(resized).jpgdaniel-in-the-lions-den-39475-tablet_(resized).jpg

DanielInTheLionsDen_med_(resized).jpgDanielInTheLionsDen_med_(resized).jpg

en10jan40b_luch_(resized).jpgen10jan40b_luch_(resized).jpg

#41 8 years ago

The rec room of every youth group around the world would be THIRSTY for this machine.

"Yo, didja hear Pastor Bob made it to the Parting of the Sea mode???"
    "Siiiiiick! I still can't finish Goliath"
    "You'll get there, Dave. You'll get there."

#42 8 years ago

The best part about about a biblical pin is that whatever lying, cheating , or stealing you had to do to obtain the game would be ok because sinning in the name of JESUS pleases God.

#43 8 years ago

video mode?

BibleBlaster_(resized).jpgBibleBlaster_(resized).jpg
    250px-Billy_Graham's_Bible_Blaster_(resized).png250px-Billy_Graham's_Bible_Blaster_(resized).png

Soundtrack:

#44 8 years ago

The Tower of Babel mode is a hurry up while the tower crumbles. You have to make a certain amount of shots. But while its telling you what to shoot for the language setting keeps changing.

#45 8 years ago

It would be huge. Every Church rec room and basement in America would get one. If Stern or JJP did it, they would sell 10,000 of them.

#46 8 years ago

Maybe I'm wrong, but I'd expect a Ben Heck realized Bible pin to be sarcastic/mocking towards the content -- not really something churches would want.

#47 8 years ago

Old uncommon terry

#48 8 years ago

Wow lots of great ideas! Yes it's important to keep in mind this would be like WOOLY or TOTAN. And yes I'm a very sarcastic snarky person but if I set out to make a "serious" Bible pin it would stay consistent with that theme. (there could be jokes of course but within the source material not at the expense of it) I also did AMH, but am working on a serious horror film - it's all about sticking with tone.

A big reason to do it is rules. Once you think about it at all, they really write themselves (as Hilton said everything is numbered and most people are at least familiar with the stories) and a game designed from the "rules up" has great potential.

I'd also like to make each mode "three deep" and depending on how many phases of how many modes you complete that unlocks up to 3 Wizard modes (I know AMH lacked depth in that area)

So for instance you'd advance the 10 Plagues to start Exodus MB, completing that is Phase 1, Phase 2 you collect the 10 commandments, Phase 3 you wander the desert for 40 years. We could use color RGB inserts to light Red, Green Blue to show phase level of each mode completed.

PS: We worked "LION MAN!" into Rob Zombie, I see no reason it can't find its way into this.

#49 8 years ago
    Quoted from benheck:

PS: We worked "LION MAN!" into Rob Zombie, I see no reason it can't find its way into this.

That is a riot.

#50 8 years ago
    Quoted from benheck:

We could use color RGB inserts to light Red, Green Blue to show phase level of each mode completed.

You could really give those RGB inserts a workout by putting in some sort of "Joseph and the coat of many colors" double scoring mode.-I'm picturing something along the lines of WOZ's "Light's on" crystal ball mode.

There are 539 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 11.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bible-adventures-pinball-discussion-thread?hl=jfre81 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.