(Topic ID: 147401)

Bible Adventures Pinball Discussion Thread

By pinballlife

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

aPuz5 (resized).jpg
    5144443 (resized).jpg
    Screen Shot 2018-01-25 at 5.33.20 PM (resized).png
    image1 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    Creación_de_Bible_Adventures.jpg
    ba.png
    1516475018070810693597893017888 (resized).jpg
    bible.png
    MatchBC (resized).jpg
    14986010318881102019668 (resized).jpg
    Drain (resized).png
    DissinTerry (resized).jpg
    e841bec0c24f33a59abd49c6b2c549fe (resized).jpg
    There are 539 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 11.
    #401 6 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

So a violent premise with blood and gore in the films is ok for ur kids but when ur imaginary friend in the sky has his name taken in vain thats what causes you to question things? typical religious BS.

Can't upvote this enough!!

#402 6 years ago

One must remember the bible is full of blood and gore, even more so if you insult the creator!

#403 6 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

One must remember the bible is full of blood and gore, even more so if you insult the creator!

Well for some unknown reason blood and guts and murder is alright, that's Gods will and its natural but gay people, burn them at the stake, oh yeah and thought crime is big in the bible, don't think that or you are going to hell so just send in ur money and hate, you will be just fine, what a joke.

e841bec0c24f33a59abd49c6b2c549fe (resized).jpge841bec0c24f33a59abd49c6b2c549fe (resized).jpg

#404 6 years ago

The bible will make an excellent pinball theme as long as religion is left out of it.

#405 6 years ago

Please keep your politics and beliefs out of my Bible Adventures game, thanks.

#406 6 years ago

What I don't understand is why you won't be including any features from the new testament when there is so much good material to work with.

#407 6 years ago

What I don't understand is why people want to come here and trash a discussion about a possible them for a pinball machine. No one is discussing the religious aspects in a way where anyone is trying to convert or argue the validity. It is a discussion about some very old stories that many people know and how those could be translated into a pinball machine.

I get the "No Religion On Pinside" thing. But if it becomes and actual pin do you want to ignore that it exists? Should it not be entered into the game database? And if you do want to ignore it there is an easy way, drain the treads that discuss them.

#408 6 years ago

Could a US government pinball theme be discussed here without getting political? Or would it be up to the interpretation of the mods who is crossing the line in such a discussion? Or who they would let slide for one reason or another.

We all are supposed to play by the same rules here and there is good reason discussing politics and religion are not allowed on this website.

#409 6 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Could a US government pinball theme be discussed here without getting political? Or would it be up to the interpretation of the mods who is crossing the line in such a discussion? Or who they would let slide for one reason or another.
    We all are supposed to play by the same rules here and there is good reason discussing politics and religion are not allowed on this website.

Well, it would probably matter who started the conversation and why. If it was a serious discussion it would probably be allowed. This theme is a known pet idea by Ben who has actually proven himself to be a serious person who can make a pinball machine even though it is hard. The thread was started as a serious discussion from Terry.

And don't be dissin Terry -

DissinTerry (resized).jpgDissinTerry (resized).jpg

#410 6 years ago
    Quoted from Taxman:

What I don't understand is why people want to come here and trash a discussion about a possible them for a pinball machine. No one is discussing the religious aspects in a way where anyone is trying to convert or argue the validity. It is a discussion about some very old stories that many people know and how those could be translated into a pinball machine.

WTF r u talking about? wanting to keep religion out of it is just plain stupid, they are just old stories? even more stupid as the atrocities both ancient and modern that have been committed in the name of the Bible is over whelming, its a terrible book with the Old Testament being one of the worst pieces of crap ever written and a terrible idea for a pin, sorry Ben but this idea sucks.

#411 6 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

WTF r u talking about? and wanting to keep religion out of it is just plain stupid, they are just old stories? even more stupid as the atrocities both ancient and modern make everything in the Bible open to discussion, its a terrible book with the Old Testament being one of the worst pieces of crap ever written and a terrible idea for a pin, sorry Ben but this idea sucks.

Then you are not here to discuss, just insult.

Drain (resized).pngDrain (resized).png

#412 6 years ago

Whatever.

#413 6 years ago

I know it's going to make a great theme. If others lack that vision, at least let me finish it before passing judgement.

#414 6 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

What I don't understand is why you won't be including any features from the new testament when there is so much good material to work with.

There's so much material that several pins could be made. Maybe build an Old Testament pin to begin with and if it works and sells like I think it would, follow with a New Testament version. A separate New Testament pin might sell by the thousands to lots of Church recreation centers.

#415 6 years ago

A bible adventures without Jesus just sounds so wrong.

#416 6 years ago
    Quoted from benheck:

Please keep your politics and beliefs out of my Bible Adventures game, thanks.

Love your work, but I doubt that this will happen. Even ignoring non-believers(of which I am one, before anyone gets twitchy with the reply), no matter how it's spun, it's going to piss off some group.
    Not saying it's a reason to not do it. It's just an inherently religious theme, and you'll always get blowback.

#417 6 years ago
    Quoted from taz:

There's so much material that several pins could be made. Maybe build an Old Testament pin to begin with and if it works and sells like I think it would, follow with a New Testament version. A separate New Testament pin might sell by the thousands to lots of Church recreation centers.

This is the funniest/most disturbing post I've ever read.

#418 6 years ago

Cant be worse than the rumored "horror hag pin #3".

Id throw a dollar in it if I saw it on route. Cant say the same for AS.

#419 6 years ago

Please consider this outlook before giving up on the concept. No one has to believe in a theme for it to be enjoyable implemented as a pin or have its own immersion into something beyond our world. No one is pushing religion or politics here, just a pin based on a very interesting book with amazing stories.

Think Game of Thrones, Arabian Nights, Harry Potter, Transformers, any particular comic, heck even Tron, etc. In fact, I think Game of Thrones is a good comparison here. I don't believe in Westeros but I do enjoy playing the game, and yes, there is blood and killing all over and even the so-called good guys, if you can find any, are seriously flawed. All of the above themes have several sides struggling against others. Some want to root for Autobots, some for Decepticons. Anyway, that's my read on this possible pin.

I'm rooting for you Ben!!

#420 6 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

This is the funniest/most disturbing post I've ever read.

Why? Veteran organizations and VFW Posts would buy up a pin themed on Vietnam or Enduring Freedom. Free Masons and Shriners would probably buy up a pin that they were familiar with, etc.

Country bars would buy a ton of Toby Keith pins, which I'm surprised no one has done yet. It's all about demographics and people who build Pinball machines want to sell those Pinball machines.

#421 6 years ago

Disclaimer: I am just passing on observations. I have no axe to grind with making this game.

Quoted from taz:

No one has to believe in a theme for it to be enjoyable implemented as a pin or have its own immersion into something beyond our world.

I think the problem is likely the exact opposite. A lot of people do believe in this theme, many viewing it as a cornerstone of their worldview. For some of those, no matter how respectful Ben is, it won't be enough. For others, it will be too serious. For some, it will resonate. For others, it will be actively repellent. Same as any other theme, really, but I think the religious aspect will amplify those feelings a bit more than usual. So, I think that Ben should go in expecting flack. It's just the nature of the beast.

Quoted from taz:

Country bars would buy a ton of Toby Keith pins

I'm not usually one for destroying a perfectly good game for a retheme, but I think you just hit my trigger point(and gag reflex). I'd have to turn it into a Chumbawumba theme on general principle! ;P

#422 6 years ago

There's been plenty of themes where people said "that'd awful!" until they played them. Metallica, WOZ, Aerosmith, AC/DC.

It's all in the execution.

#423 6 years ago
    Quoted from ThatOneDude:

I have no axe to grind with making this game.

Ok, I should have noted that I DO have an axe to grind RE a Toby Kieth pinball

#424 6 years ago

So, is the focal point the Red Sea split? I could see "Tower of Babel" being a Medieval Madness style centerpiece.

#425 6 years ago

One could always make the Resurrection, the Wizard mode, with everything else OT!

I like the idea Ben, but to pass casual religion-ism with a high degree of Dogmatic Faithful,
    it needs the watered down, Sunday school versions to appease the masses, IMO.

If your ideas are more Radical, Go for it!!!

Love to see it Develop.

#426 6 years ago
    Quoted from benheck:

There's been plenty of themes where people said "that'd awful!" until they played them. Metallica, WOZ, Aerosmith, AC/DC.

playing WOZ never changed my mind.

#427 6 years ago
    Quoted from ThatOneDude:

Ok, I should have noted that I DO have an axe to grind RE a Toby Kieth pinball

He's not my cup of tea either, as I'm a rocker rather than country fan. I'll tell you an embarrassing story though. I was in the military some time ago when a President visited our base along with Toby Keith. A group of pretty young Civil Air Patrol females sat next to me in the stands within an aircraft hangar not too far away. I didn't know who Toby Keith was at the time, but the girls pretty much wet their pants and went crazy over him singing maybe two songs. Later, I asked around and found out that I was ignorant of how popular he was. Soooo, long story short, I now suspect whoever makes a Toby Keith pin will sell thousands of games, even if I'm not their target demographic.

#428 6 years ago
    Quoted from taz:

Soooo, long story short, I now suspect whoever makes a Toby Keith pin will sell thousands of games, even if I'm not their target demographic.

Of that I have no doubt. I was subjected to his music a lot in the midwest. I would happily sand his visage off of a playfield and replace it with just about anything else. Maybe Flock of Seagulls. Swap the music for the sound of two pieces of styrofoam being rubbed together.

#429 6 years ago

Good to see that Ben is still kicking BA ideas around in his head; so much rich material to mine with this theme. IMHO, it's the ultimate *free* license.
    Terry.

#430 6 years ago
    Quoted from benheck:

at least let me finish it before passing judgement.

I see what you did there!

I for one think the old testament would be a great theme. I thought Wrath of Olympus was also a great theme for the same reason. Tons of cool stories and crazy stuff to argue with friends about over beer.

I loved Charles Heston in The Ten Commandments. Heck, I've managed to not break almost half of them; I'd say he inspired me.

#431 6 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

A bible adventures without Jesus just sounds so wrong.

It could be licencing issues.....

#432 6 years ago
    Quoted from Stones:

It could be licencing issues.....

Nailed it.

#433 6 years ago
    Quoted from benheck:

I know it's going to make a great theme. If others lack that vision, at least let me finish it before passing judgement.

So it is being made......Im in!!

#434 6 years ago

By the way, Old Testament Bible Stories are very well known globally, so while certain themes, movies, or bands might not be popular in Europe or Latin America, I'm sure this one would be. I'm thinking the UK, Germany, France, Italy, and Netherlands would especially like this theme. So spend a little time thinking at least about the European market.

#435 6 years ago
    Quoted from pinballlife:

Good to see that Ben is still kicking BA ideas around in his head; so much rich material to mine with this theme. IMHO, it's the ultimate *free* license.
    Terry.

Terry, why dont you make a list of those that are interested to see if enough would say yes to get Ben/Spooky to do it.

I would be in for one at current spooky prices. Im sure that if those that are serious, would put down the 1k deposit (non refundable/non transferable) that we might be able to talk them into doing it. Just let me know when to send the deposit!!

#436 6 years ago

Great theme...I would be interested in it....

#437 6 years ago

If Spooky passes on making Bible Adventures, I am sure there are others that would love to help make it happen.

Aaron
    FAST Pinball

#438 6 years ago

Yeah but trust anybody but Spooky right now? You gotta go with what you know.

#439 6 years ago

Another way would be to keep everything the same but leave the word 'Bible' out of the title. For example could call it something like 'End Times' or something else destructive and cool sounding. This way one could dial down the controversy a bit. I find it sounds better than BA. Just a thought.

#440 6 years ago

If its the Greek Old Testament, call it by its name, Septuagint Adventures!

.....watch the controversy!

#441 6 years ago

Art, I actually like that name, great idea
    -Mike

#442 6 years ago

Thanks Mike....I have to apologize, Im a Smart Ass on this, and a Pain in the Ass!

One view are Bible tales, as they have grown in Lore and Dogma....put two wave machines in the game, and have the art look like Charlton Heston, or go to the Original writings, and its a lunar low tide, and lots of mud!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#443 6 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

put two wave machines in the game, and have the art look like Charlton Heston

Perfect! Charles Heston, best Moses ever.

#444 6 years ago
    Quoted from zimjoe:

Perfect! Charles Heston, best Moses ever.

Blasphemers! Idolaters! For this you shall drink bitter waters! God has set before you this day his laws of life and good, and death and evil. Those who will not live by the law... shall die by the law!! [throws the Ten Commandments tablets at the Golden Calf]

#445 6 years ago

Yes that is what I want. 1950s style fire and brimstone! Also, sprinkle in some God of War.

#446 6 years ago

1950s....OK, Two rows of inline drop targets with a Roman Chariot lane between,
    The top of the targets are sculpted as a wave.
    One needs to Part the red sea, by hitting Both rows of inline targets!

Maybe in order or timed, to allow the ball to cross over.

Grab the Volcano from Congo, or Minions, and turn it into mount Mt Sinai,
    and perch the locked ball at the top, to be thrown down as the tablets with fire affects from the mountain,

Pass on the burning bush.

Noahs Ark...Miniature Ark on ala POTC.
    Travels in the back area, with success goals to load animals, and then sail to the other side to Ararat,

hhmmmm, More Brimstone? Sodom and Gomorrah mode. Succeed in piety, or go for the Prostitutes, and your ball is turned to stone!

Of course, God is played by this character on the display:

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#447 6 years ago
    Quoted from benheck:

Yes that is what I want. 1950s style fire and brimstone! Also, sprinkle in some God of War.

Is the 50/60's movie stuff public domain yet? Sex sells

Soloman and Sheba
    Sins of Jezebel
    Sodom and Gomorrah
    David and Bathsheba
    Esther and the King

Man the adultery ran amok in those days.

Edit: Too bad Caligula was AD

#448 6 years ago

It's not a Bible Adventure without the seed of Onan multiball.

#449 6 years ago

To replicate the parting like this, you might ditch the single vice jaws and opt for multiple smaller jaws that open independently, allowing you to make it look like it is opening from one side first. Stagger the opening of each one by .5 seconds, then close them all at the same time.

#450 6 years ago

Zombies in WD, Ghosts in AMH, Aliens in AFM, Monsters in MB.....nobody really believes in any of that wack-a-doo baloney, but they sure love to play the pinball machines!

Great theme Ben, with endless storylines, and subject matter. Build it and they will buy.

There are 539 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 11.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bible-adventures-pinball-discussion-thread/page/9?hl=aplundell and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.