(Topic ID: 147401)

Bible Adventures Pinball Discussion Thread

By pinballlife

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

aPuz5 (resized).jpg
    5144443 (resized).jpg
    Screen Shot 2018-01-25 at 5.33.20 PM (resized).png
    image1 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    Creación_de_Bible_Adventures.jpg
    ba.png
    1516475018070810693597893017888 (resized).jpg
    bible.png
    MatchBC (resized).jpg
    14986010318881102019668 (resized).jpg
    Drain (resized).png
    DissinTerry (resized).jpg
    e841bec0c24f33a59abd49c6b2c549fe (resized).jpg
    There are 539 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 11.
    #301 7 years ago

The machine should be modular, so each owner can leave out the parts they find objectionable.

#302 7 years ago

There are many different versions of the Old Testament, the Septuagint is thought of as the original one, it's the oldest known version and it's still used by some Orthodox churches. The Catholics edited it greatly, then the Protestants and Jews edited the Catholic version even more. You gotta go old school to get the real stories!

#303 7 years ago
    Quoted from nwpinball:

You think pinball players argue now, mix in religion and 10,000 arguments explode over which version of the Bible stories to use and what things to include or leave out. I'd vote for the version that includes dinosaurs and humans walking the earth together though, dinosaurs make everything more fun.

LE Versions???

#304 7 years ago
    Quoted from nwpinball:

There are many different versions of the Old Testament, the Septuagint is thought of as the original one, it's the oldest known version and it's still used by some Orthodox churches. The Catholics edited it greatly, then the Protestants and Jews edited the Catholic version even more. You gotta go old school to get the real stories!

1. Bible Adventures - Septuagint (up to Saul)
    2. Bible Adventures - The Kings (war based theme)
    3. Bible Adventures - The Prophets (fall/captivity/redemption stories)

Plenty of material for 3 OT pins. Would love to see this pin happen.

#305 7 years ago

Interestingly, no license would be required, yet it is the ultimate license.
    Terry.

#306 7 years ago
    Quoted from pinballlife:

Interestingly, no license would be required, yet it is the ultimate license.
    Terry.

Screw up this title and you're going to Hell.

Can you imagine getting a C&D from Noah saying he want to be depicted larger on the backglass and not quite so heavy.

#307 7 years ago

I'd go in on this pin. I like the idea, Terry.

2 months later
    #308 7 years ago

Could this be spooky game #3

#309 7 years ago
    Quoted from 2Kaulitz:

Could this be spooky game #3

I thought Spooky #3 was Domino Pizza.

If it is JPP or Hieghway #3 we won't see it until after the resurrection.

Edit: Never mind I see the almost announcement in the other thread.

#310 7 years ago
    Quoted from Taxman:

I thought Spooky #3 was Domino Pizza.
    If it is JPP or Hieghway #3 we won't see it until after the resurrection.
    Edit: Never mind I see the almost announcement in the other thread.

They consider the dominos game to be a contract job, not a specific spooky pin.

#311 7 years ago

On game start... "In the beginning there was.... PINBALLLLLLLLLLLL!" then make the theme about the Genesis mythology. The goal is to make it through the 6 days of creation.... "Let there be light!" and half the GI lights kick on, hitting certain targets lowers a 2nd playfield ramp "separating the firmament", etc. So much potential here for fun, treating it in a secular manner like any other theme but with respect enough that those of faith would buy them for their youth rooms.

#312 7 years ago

Bible Adventures is not in the queue.

I still think it would fit pinball AMAZINGLY well.

#313 7 years ago
    Quoted from benheck:

Okay then, I give up. What is it?

#314 7 years ago
    Quoted from benheck:

Aw man. I was really hoping it could be Bible Adventures.

#315 7 years ago

We want bible adventures.

#316 7 years ago

Hey if 250+ people are willing to buy it, Bible Adventures could totally happen.

#317 7 years ago

I would like to request #1 please!

#318 7 years ago

#2 right here
    Mike

#319 7 years ago
    Quoted from benheck:

Hey if 250+ people are willing to buy it, Bible Adventures could totally happen.

The first ten could be Special Edition "Ten Commandmetns" version.

#320 7 years ago

I'd be in for one, dream theme for me.

#321 7 years ago

I'll take one for sure. Maybe 2

#322 7 years ago

I'll take #666 please.

#323 7 years ago

It is interesting how you can do a bible themed pinball machine without bringing any religion into the subject.

#324 7 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

It is interesting how you can do a bible themed pinball machine without bringing any religion into the subject.

You couldn't be more right! Religion=man's version/interpretation of the Bible & how he wants to worship.
    This could be the ultimate pinball theme!
    Ben, if you build it, I'll buy one!

#325 7 years ago
    Quoted from Zampinator:

Religion=man's version/interpretation of the Bible & how he wants to worship.

Wrong! Some people's religion has nothing to do with the bible. But if the bible has anything to do with religion then it is a fine line this thread is treading on pinside.

#326 7 years ago

However, if the bible is being presented as a fictional story, then I don't see how pinside would have a problem with it.

#327 7 years ago

I want a signed version.

#328 7 years ago

I totally agree. I started a moderator feedback thread to get rid of all references to Star Wars pinball machines since it's too closely tied to the Jediism religion. Thou shalt not mix pinball and religion!

#329 7 years ago

This pin should have a Crusades mode.

You don't have to believe the story to enjoy a little good old fashioned genocide.

#330 7 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Wrong! Some people's religion has nothing to do with the bible. But if the bible has anything to do with religion then it is a fine line this thread is treading on pinside.

No, not wrong. This Is a Biblical Adventure Thread. I assumed you were referring to religions that use the Biblical cannon as the word of God.

#331 7 years ago

P.S. Nothing Wrong with this thread trending on Pinside! We are talking pinball, not the path to salvation.

#332 7 years ago
    Quoted from Zampinator:

No, not wrong. This Is a Biblical Adventure Thread.

OK.

Then the crusades are cool? I heard the crusaders were carrying bibles and were certainly on an adventure.

#333 7 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

OK.
    Then the crusades are cool? I heard the crusaders were carrying bibles and were certainly on an adventure.

Lol! Look who wants to talk religion!?
    Let's talk pinball in this thread. If you want to talk religion O-Din just PM me & I'll give you my phone #. I love talking religion & politics.

#334 7 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

OK.

You seem to forget Jerusalem was overrun by Muslim invaders before it was overrun by Christians.

Where's the outrage about that invasion?

Or the outrage over the Roman invasion of Jerusalem before that?

The Crusades are the easy target......

#335 7 years ago
    Quoted from Zampinator:

Lol! Look who wants to talk religion!?

No. I did not mention anything like that in that post. I was talking about war and slaughter. These topics are not banned here and are part of the bible adventure.

#336 7 years ago
    Quoted from Air_Pinball:

You seem to forget Jerusalem was overrun by Muslim invaders before it was overrun by Christians.

Where's the outrage about that invasion?

There is none. This is about a pinball machine called "bible adventures" remember? But we can add that too if you desire.

#337 7 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

There is none. This is about a pinball machine called "bible adventures" remember?

Crusades would be more "Medieval Adventures".

#338 7 years ago
    Quoted from Air_Pinball:

Crusdaes would be more "Medieval Adventures".

How bout "Medieval Bible Adventures" That does have a nice ring to it.

#339 7 years ago
    Quoted from benheck:

I'd take #3 Trinity #4 for the four horseman or #7 for the scrolls and bowls .

3HO-00010K01-1(1) V02 (resized).jpg3HO-00010K01-1(1) V02 (resized).jpg

#340 7 years ago

If this pin was announced I don't think it would take long to get a couple hundred commitments to buy. I'm still asking for #1!!!

#341 7 years ago
    Quoted from stpcore:

If this pin was announced I don't think it would take long to get a couple hundred commitments to buy. I'm still asking for #1!!!

The way things are going, it would outsell Batman66 and for twice the price before they even started on it.

#342 7 years ago

passover multiball, hit all shots not lit red!

#343 7 years ago

Hey that passover shot idea is great. See how easy it is to think of stuff for this game?

And yes, Bible Adventures has nothing to do with religion. It's all about the events.

It's also Old Testament only, skips new and goes right to Revelations for End Times Wizard Mode.

It needs something that WOOLY lacked and that's a sense of "badassery". My take would be "God of War meets the Old Testament".

#344 7 years ago
    Quoted from benheck:

... Revelations for End Times Wizard Mode...

I've seen both "End of Times" and "End Of Days". Is there a difference?

#345 7 years ago

As much as I would like to see this title, this thread shows that maybe it's a good thing that the game won't be produced.

#346 7 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

if the bible is being presented as a fictional story

If?

#347 7 years ago

Definitely needs a light them up mode.

If this pin moves forward, would we be banned from discussing it on Pinside? A forbidden game - too controversial for pinside, might sell like hotcakes.

#348 7 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

However, if the bible is being presented as a fictional story, then I don't see how pinside would have a problem with it.

How else could it possibly be presented?

#349 7 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

OK.

If they were toting Bibles they wouldn't have been able to read them unless they were also Latin scribes. The Bible has only been available in common European languages beyond Latin for around 550 years.

Back to the unofficial poll though, I'd also likely buy a pin of this theme....but I want Samson in it fighting with his "jawbone of an ass" weapon.

#350 7 years ago
    Quoted from taz:

Back to the unofficial poll though, I'd also likely buy a pin of this theme....but I want Samson in it fighting with his "jawbone of an ass" weapon.

I will add an official poll to this thread if there is enough interest in either title.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lamb-of-god-or-bible-adventures-pinball-machine

There are 539 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 11.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bible-adventures-pinball-discussion-thread/page/7 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.