(Topic ID: 147401)

Bible Adventures Pinball Discussion Thread

By pinballlife

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

aPuz5 (resized).jpg
    5144443 (resized).jpg
    Screen Shot 2018-01-25 at 5.33.20 PM (resized).png
    image1 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    Creación_de_Bible_Adventures.jpg
    ba.png
    1516475018070810693597893017888 (resized).jpg
    bible.png
    MatchBC (resized).jpg
    14986010318881102019668 (resized).jpg
    Drain (resized).png
    DissinTerry (resized).jpg
    e841bec0c24f33a59abd49c6b2c549fe (resized).jpg
    There are 539 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 11.
    #201 8 years ago

Greatest story ever told? No.....
    image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#202 8 years ago
    Quoted from JoelOmatik:

I like it! Divine intervention can also be a ball save, but that's just me
    Other terms: (Can be used as a Ball Save, or extra ball Shoot Again)
    -Salvation
    -The Holy Spirit (a flashing cross)
    -God is With You
    -Resurrection
    -Save us From Evil!
    -Deliver us From Sin!
    -Redemption
    The Trinity could be your playfield multiplier, displayed by 3 lights:
    Father: Lit after Crucifixion mode start.
    Son: 2x playfield multiplier.
    Holy Ghost: 3x playfield multiplier. Now hit the lit apostle shots for some biblical scores!

Ben has stated the pin would only use OT sourced material.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Old_Testament

#203 8 years ago

Would you think mode based like Star Trek, so you could select your story mode? Or do you think a progressive game would be best?

Personally I'm thinking mode, or else I may never get to play Jeremiah, the weeping prophet mode.

#204 8 years ago

Lotts wife pillar of salt bash or spinner toy.

#205 8 years ago
    Quoted from Methos:

Ben has stated the pin would only use OT sourced material.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Old_Testament

Works for me. I'm honestly not well-versed on what's Old/New Testament. I was just picking random words that refer to having your ball saved.

#206 8 years ago

I like this idea.

The Exodus 31:14 multi ball feature could have a pop up peasant working on the Sabbath and the object is to stone him to death.

#207 8 years ago

I'm thinking a David vs Goliath mode where a hidden motorized post comes up and has a chain and a rock attached to it. When you hit a target or maybe a round about, the rock spins faster. Then at a determined rate, it starts to slow down. You have to keep hitting the required target etc to accelerate it to a certain speed. Once you get above the "launch" Speed, the Launch scoup lights up. You have to hit it before the rock slows down below the launch speed. If it does, you have to accelerate it again to above the launch speed. When you hit the launch scoop, the machine goes black and you change to video mode. Then it would be like a Jurassic park skill shot or something and you hit the flipper button to launch the rock. While the machine is black, the post and rock go back to their hidden position so when the game lights back up, it's on to the next mode.

#208 8 years ago
    Quoted from JoelOmatik:

Pipe organ music like this would be fitting when entering high score initials.
    » YouTube video

Swords of Fury has the coolest HS theme out there ... Organ music just like this.

Quoted from jwilson:

Just find a different title without the word "bible" in it and it won't be so polarizing.

I tend to agree ...

How about OLD TESTAMENT instead? That could lend itself to some cool Medusa style artwork.

Or YEAR ZERO? That's when it all happened.

Just thinking aloud ...

rd

#209 8 years ago

FYI here's the Swords of Fury high score music.

I wish my backglass had as much color as the one in the video ....

#210 8 years ago
    Quoted from PismoArcade:

I like this idea.
    The Exodus 31:14 multi ball feature could have a pop up peasant working on the Sabbath and the object is to stone him to death.

Who doesn't enjoy getting stoned and listening to megadeth? However, there is no mention of stoning people to death in the OT. I'll save you some reading, none of that happens in the New Testament either. Nice try though.

#211 8 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

My intention isn't to offend anyone, I'm just a bastard. I'll stay away from this thread.

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

#212 8 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

If you don't put Bible in the name, and just make it about the Old Testament then people will love it, religious or not. They're just classic stories, full of crazy shit. Definitely an epic theme.
    You could make a great pin off this that wasn't a joke, if you approached it right. No more ball jokes.

How about calling it something like "the greatest stories ever told"

Also, there's probably a lot of good material you can draw from in those old Charlton Heston movies.

#213 8 years ago

Or just call it old testament with a crazy backglass like paragon

#214 8 years ago
    Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Who doesn't enjoy getting stoned and listening to Megadeath? However, there is no mention of stoning people to death in the OT. I'll save you some reading time, none of that happened in the NT either. Nice try though.

Nice try? Eh, see Numbers 15:32-56 for example and there are more examples of stoning in the OT.
    Even clearly stated in the Children's version: https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Numbers+15%3A32-36&version=ICB

35 Then the Lord said to Moses, “The man must die. All the people must kill him with stones outside the camp.”
    (For gathering sticks on Sabbath.....)

So while the OT is a source of great stories, it does not show the "God of love" many people nowadays believe in.. (I guess they ignore (or don't even know) the gory details of the OT or do not take it all litteral)

A 'BC'/'OT' pinball machine could be fantastic though, lots of famous stories to visualize and to create different modes about. It will probably attract a large group.

#215 8 years ago

i think this would make an interesting pinball. the stories lend themselves well to modes and shots. i would like to see spooky take this and run with it.

#216 8 years ago
    Quoted from calico1997:

Do you guys remember this from the film Special When Lit??

IMG_1967_(resized).PNGIMG_1968_(resized).PNGIMG_1969_(resized).PNGIMG_1970_(resized).PNGIMG_1971_(resized).PNGIMG_1972_(resized).PNG

I'd love stained glass art for this pin. Even if it's not real stained glass (although that would be freaking awesome), I'd like something like this:

Backglass:

Backbox sides:

#217 8 years ago
    Quoted from rotordave:

Swords of Fury has the coolest HS theme out there ... Organ music just like this.

I tend to agree ...
    How about OLD TESTAMENT instead? That could lend itself to some cool Medusa style artwork.
    Or YEAR ZERO? That's when it all happened.
    Just thinking aloud ...
    rd

Or, "Alpha & the Omega" = "The Beginning & the End"

#218 8 years ago
    Quoted from JWV:

Nice try? Eh, see Numbers 15:32-56 for example and there are more examples of stoning in the OT.
    Even clearly stated in the Children's version: https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Numbers+15%3A32-36&version=ICB
    35 Then the Lord said to Moses, “The man must die. All the people must kill him with stones outside the camp.”
    (For gathering sticks on Sabbath.....)
    So while the OT is a source of great stories, it does not show the "God of love" many people nowadays believe in.. (I guess they ignore (or don't even know) the gory details of the OT or do not take it all litteral)
    A 'BC'/'OT' pinball machine could be fantastic though, lots of famous stories to visualize and to create different modes about. It will probably attract a large group.

Let's keep this about Pinball, not a display of your lack of Biblical theology.

#219 8 years ago
    Quoted from KingPinGames:

i think this would make an interesting pinball. the stories lend themselves well to modes and shots. i would like to see spooky take this and run with it.

I would like to see BEN take it and run with it. I am sure spooky would be happy to be contracted to build it once it is done.

#220 8 years ago
    Quoted from JoelOmatik:

I'd love stained glass art for this pin. Even if it's not real stained glass (although that would be freaking awesome), I'd like something like this:
    Backglass:
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    Backbox sides:
    image_(resized).jpeg

Stained glass style translite is a great idea. Maybe a large hole could be cut on each side of backbox and fitted with a plexiglass window before head decals were installed. Having lighted imagery bursting through three sides of the backbox would be celestial.

#221 8 years ago

I think a better name might sell more games -

One idea.

Ancient Prophecies or Ancient Creeds.

#222 8 years ago

Stained glass is a cool idea and while it fits theme it doesn't fit the tone I'm aiming for.

Stained glass makes one think of churches, and I want this game to be about the stories, not where the stories are told.

#223 8 years ago
    Quoted from benheck:

Stained glass is a cool idea and while it fits theme it doesn't fit the tone I'm aiming for.
    Stained glass makes one think of churches, and I want this game to be about the stories, not where the stories are told.

I agree with this and think Scott from Riot Pinball (WOOLY) would be a great choice for designing the art package!

#224 8 years ago
    Quoted from MikeS:

I agree with this and think Scott from Riot Pinball (WOOLY) would be a great choice for designing the art package!

Yeah and while you're there, suggest they send a production ready WOOLY pin to Spooky to contract manufacture.

#225 8 years ago
    Quoted from pinballlife:

A fantastic idea, IMHO.
    There is a ton of great material to draw from with lots of built in conflict, which always helps make for great pinball.
    Terry

Everyone love fantasy make believe themes about a super hero!

#226 8 years ago

12360381_1021660547896860_9128013900786913028_n_(resized).jpg12360381_1021660547896860_9128013900786913028_n_(resized).jpg

#227 8 years ago
    Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Yeah and while you're there, suggest they send a production ready WOOLY pin to Spooky to contract manufacture.

They could convert WOOLY to Pinheck system and then use that layout for Bible Adventures. Buyers could have choice of theme (WOOLY or BA) and be able to run either software package. Now that would be a ton of value for the money as you would get 2 games in 1!

#228 8 years ago
    Quoted from benheck:

Gotcha. What about William Blake, Michelangelo, or something similar? I always loved those old paintings. Each piece can be a different story, but all would match the theme. Somebody mentioned Scott of Riot Pinball. Maybe he can make an iteration of them....More random ideas:

Cabinet sides:

Backglass:

Backbox sides:

#229 8 years ago

This pin should definitely have some bible thumper bumpers.

#230 8 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Lol

#231 8 years ago

Yes, Dutch Master style is the direction I'd like to go. But with more action

It would be a new design, and standard body with.

#232 8 years ago

The pop bumpers should be pillars. Then you can have a Death Of Sampson mode. When you get enough pop hits it brings the temple down on the Philistines.

#233 8 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Ouch! Best One Liner of 2015!

#234 8 years ago

Like your taste, Joel....If you come to Winter Park, Im a few blocks from the Morse Tiffany Museum.
    Give me a ring!

#235 8 years ago

Please for the love of God no stained glass anywhere on the machine. I'm thinking backglass is a young David holding Goliath's severed head. Background is Goliath's corpse and armies of Israel and the Philistines. Cabinet side art featuring a Noah ark/flood mural on one side and maybe a hodge podge of creation/additional stories on the other.

Again please no stained glass. i think you want this as unchurchy as possible. Just the OT content.

#236 8 years ago
    Quoted from Taxman:

The pop bumpers should be pillars. Then you can have a Death Of Sampson mode. When you get enough pop hits it brings the temple down on the Philistines.

Nice call. The pops advance Samson & Delilah. Thinking a Samson toy over them, attached to pillars that rock to and fro during the MB.

#237 8 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Ouch! Best One Liner of 2015!

Thanks! And the year isn't over yet! I know they don't call them that anymore, but I got the idea from my Pinky.

thumperbumper_(resized).jpgthumperbumper_(resized).jpg

#238 8 years ago

How about B.C. Pinball or Pinball B.C. since we are only talking Old Testament?

#239 8 years ago

If severed head not on the backglass, at least a sweet head lopping animation.

#240 8 years ago

Seven orbit shots gives you walls of Jericho bonus. And starts Jericho hurry up where you try to make seven more orbit shots. Joshua 6

#241 8 years ago

This is from the awesome movie 300. Show bloody fight scenes like this, alternating from fast to Hollywood slo-mo when the gore flies.

When weapons make contact, point awards would flash on screen in big numbers, similar to TWD when you blast zombies heads off or stab them in the neck.

#242 8 years ago
    Quoted from JoelOmatik:

Works for me. I'm honestly not well-versed on what's Old/New Testament. I was just picking random words that refer to having your ball saved.

I guess it would probably tweak too many nipples if the game had a Sin of Onan lost ball penalty.

#243 8 years ago
    Quoted from Tilt:

would this be possible
    rent it to a church for say 300.00 a month, then donate 300.00 a month to the church's youth group fund. get the 501/c write off for donating to the church, the church wouldnt have to really pay for it sinceyou would be donating the same amount. after 2 years, the write off would probably be the value of the game when new

Sounds like a tax loop hole that may not be legal check with an accountant / attorney. Also the church may not want to play ball like that.

#244 8 years ago
    Quoted from DefaultGen:

I'm sure the bible denounces non-prophetic wizards, there probably won't be a wizard mode at all.

Maybe if you reach the last supper wizard mode the game blacks out and tells you there are no other gods than I

#245 8 years ago

Anyone know who the guy was on "Special When Lit" that suggested this idea years ago? Curious if he's a Pinsider.

#246 8 years ago
    Quoted from Tilt:

would this be possible
    rent it to a church for say 300.00 a month, then donate 300.00 a month to the church's youth group fund. get the 501/c write off for donating to the church, the church wouldnt have to really pay for it sinceyou would be donating the same amount. after 2 years, the write off would probably be the value of the game when new

Why not just loan it rent-free? You'd still have to claim the $300 as income, then deduct it, so you're not getting anything for these "charitable" donations.

#247 8 years ago

The machine wouldn't even have to work. Just give it 10% of your money and be thankful!

1 week later
    #248 8 years ago

OK so who is the callout voice? Moses? Solomon (wisest guy in the OT) seems like a legitimate guy to provide direction during your game.

#249 8 years ago
    Quoted from ptrav1:

OK so who is the callout voice? Moses? Solomon (wisest guy in the OT) seems like a legitimate guy to provide direction during your game.

James Earl Jones - period

There are 539 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 11.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bible-adventures-pinball-discussion-thread/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.