(Topic ID: 147401)

Bible Adventures Pinball Discussion Thread

By pinballlife

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

aPuz5 (resized).jpg
    5144443 (resized).jpg
    Screen Shot 2018-01-25 at 5.33.20 PM (resized).png
    image1 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    Creación_de_Bible_Adventures.jpg
    ba.png
    1516475018070810693597893017888 (resized).jpg
    bible.png
    MatchBC (resized).jpg
    14986010318881102019668 (resized).jpg
    Drain (resized).png
    DissinTerry (resized).jpg
    e841bec0c24f33a59abd49c6b2c549fe (resized).jpg
    There are 539 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 11.
    #151 8 years ago
    Quoted from benheck:

Yup. Then there's a hurry-up as the waters start to rise. You can continue to collect animals for bonus right until the last minute.
    Then shoot the middle scoop (or time out) to start Noah's Ark MB. 4 balls, keep as many active as possible for 40 seconds. "Leaks" appear on shots and slowly turn inserts around them blue as it spreads - shoot these to patch for jackpots.
    I'd really try to use the RGB insert colors as part of the storytelling and not just a flashy show.
    If you make it past the 40 seconds you'd enter Phase 3 of that story in which... I'm not sure what happens?

After the forty seconds, flippers die, balls drain, lights fade from blue to green. Noah callout "finally some fresh air!" Flood bonus collected based on shots made during the flood. New ball kicks out to begin next chapter - Tower of Babel

#152 8 years ago
    Quoted from NoMonkey:

I'm not sure I'd say I'm confusing them. I definitely stand by the point that I'd be against a religious themed machine. Fair point about the stories in general though. They're definitely of epic proportions and could make for some sweet modes!

As i mentioned before, is it not the same with wooly then?

#153 8 years ago

Hold on. At the end of flood multiball - Rainbow light show and some sort of hurry up before entering next chapter

#154 8 years ago

Ben, when you build this, make one killer version! No LE, SE, Pro, Premium, different translight / backglass or differences in playfields.

Make as many as you can, but make them all the same! Your number is when you place your deposit.

I'm in!

#155 8 years ago

So let's get down to business! How many people do we need to get this Bible show on the road and make Ben's dream come true.If you make this a serious pin, with Alex Horely art, I am in! As an atheist there is nothing more that I love than tales of religion......Some of the best story telling ever.

#156 8 years ago

LE #666

#157 8 years ago

This thread reminds me of one of my favorite jokes.

A vegan, an atheist, and a cross fit member walk into a bar. Everyone knows because they won't shut up about it.

#158 8 years ago
    Quoted from MikeHogue:

Ben, when you build this, make one killer version! No LE, SE, Pro, Premium, different translight / backglass or differences in playfields.
    Make as many as you can, but make them all the same! Your number is when you place your deposit.
    I'm in!

When can I place my deposit?

#159 8 years ago
    Quoted from jwo825:

This thread reminds me of one of my favorite jokes.
    A vegan, an atheist, and a cross fit member walk into a bar. Everyone knows because they won't shut up about it.

Yeah, because the religious folk are known for keeping their religion to themselves. I mean its not like its forced down peoples throats or anything, and never affects public policy or world conflict.

#160 8 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

Yeah, because the religious folk are known for keeping their religion to themselves. I mean its not like its forced down peoples throats or anything, and never affects public policy or world conflict.

It's a joke, like the three pages of religious jokes before it. Don't get your panties in a bunch.

#161 8 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

I thought the exact same thing when I read the previous statement as well. But I knew he had to be joking, because everyone knows how the bible thumpers are.

#162 8 years ago

No talking aboot religion on Christmas please

#163 8 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

No talking aboot religion on Christmas please

that's right, let the pagans have their holiday in peace.

#164 8 years ago

How about back on topic. If you have a cool idea about the machine then post it. If you want to get Into a religious discussion, then start another thread. I wondered how long it would take for this thread to go down hill. Religious person or not, I think this would be a great theme for a game and Ben would make it amusing as well with his sense of humor. I have never bought a NIB pin but I would be on the list if Ben was a part of this game. But just like any other theme, if done right it will be great, if done wrong it would not.

WOZ comes to mind. I am not a fan of the theme but. Think it's a great game.

#165 8 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

that's right, let the pagens have their holiday in peace.

The Pagens are still together?

#166 8 years ago

Hey Ben, what stories did you have in mind to use?

#168 8 years ago
    Quoted from pinballlife:

A fantastic idea, IMHO.
    There is a ton of great material to draw from with lots of built in conflict, which always helps make for great pinball.
    Terry

And then Terry turned into a Nutbar.

Religious theme? Really? I'm an Agnostic. I'll get all the religion I need after I'm dead, not in my den.

#169 8 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

Only folks in this thread "forcing" anything are those who clearly don't want to discuss the Bible adventure pin. Please move on. Start your own atheist party/I hate deity thread.

Thanks and Merry Christmas!

#170 8 years ago
    Quoted from underlord:

Really? I'm an Agnostic.

Well, I'm a Gnostic! Time for a Battle Royale with Cheese!

#171 8 years ago
    Quoted from underlord:

And then Terry turned into a Nutbar.
    Religious theme? Really? I'm an Agnostic. I'll get all the religion I need after I'm dead, not in my den.

I don't see why it would have to be preachy. Just tell the great stories everyone already knows through a pinball machine. Focus on the characters and the conflicts; tons of stuff there. I see no reason for the machine to *push* religion or *save* anyone. The stories stand on their own.

Terry

#172 8 years ago
    Quoted from pinballlife:

I don't see why it would have to be preachy. Just tell the great stories everyone already knows through a pinball machine. Focus on the characters and the conflicts; tons of stuff there. I see no reason for the machine to *push* religion or *save* anyone. The stories stand on their own.
    Terry

True, Terry...your vision is sound, and central to all faiths of the 3.

#173 8 years ago
    Quoted from DefaultGen:

I don't know much about churches but do churches generally have $6000 sitting around and someone keeping tabs on the pinball community who would be able to get on the interested list in time?

apparently they have an extra $71 billion sitting around

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyatheist/2012/06/16/the-yearly-cost-of-religious-tax-exemptions-71000000000/

#174 8 years ago

Religion and pinball, I guess it could appeal to some people.

#175 8 years ago
    Quoted from pinballlife:

Terry

That's true, just not a reality since the stigma of religion would always be associated with the great stories.

It's too divisive of a theme for JUST the stories.

#176 8 years ago

I'm 100% in....Can I preorder #1 EE (eternal edition)?

#177 8 years ago
    Quoted from VolunteerPin:

I'm 100% in....Can I preorder #1 EE (eternal edition)?

Quoted from ptrav1:

Please make this happen Ben. I'm in. Seriously, can I get my name on the list? No joke.
    This would be the best pin of all time.
    Seriously, please put my name on the list. Can I have machine number one?
    Ok. I'll stop now. But seriously.

Sorry. Called it.

#178 8 years ago
    Quoted from pinballlife:

Terry

throw some adam and eve tits and ass in there, and i maybe in.

#179 8 years ago

This thread makes me think back to that awesome Mel Brooks movie History of the World part 1. That would be a great theme.

#180 8 years ago
    Quoted from ptrav1:

Only folks in this thread "forcing" anything are those who clearly don't want to discuss the Bible adventure pin. Please move on. Start your own atheist party/I hate deity thread.
    Thanks and Merry Christmas!

I don't hate anything, just aware enough to know when something is bullshit. Amazing to me that anyone can believe in those man made fairytales from a time when they didn't know what bacteria is and where the sun went at night, come on man.

#181 8 years ago

My intention isn't to offend anyone, I'm just a bastard. I'll stay away from this thread.

#182 8 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

I don't hate anything, just aware enough to know when something is bullshit. Amazing to me that anyone can believe in those man made fairytales from a time whne they didn't what bacteria is and where the sun went at night, come on man.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#183 8 years ago

Leaked photos of ben's shop!

ben_heck_bible_adventures_(resized).jpgben_heck_bible_adventures_(resized).jpg

#kidding #ghostbustersjoke

#184 8 years ago

Just find a different title without the word "bible" in it and it won't be so polarizing.

#185 8 years ago

I would absolutely be all in on this pin. If done right it could provide a truly uplifting experience.

#186 8 years ago

Make it linkable with RZ for some ultimate good vs. evil action.

Ironically, all the camptastic horror of RZ is acceptable to my wife, but if you start mocking the Bible......not so much!

#187 8 years ago

Do you guys remember this from the film Special When Lit??

IMG_1967_(resized).PNGIMG_1967_(resized).PNG

IMG_1968_(resized).PNGIMG_1968_(resized).PNG

IMG_1969_(resized).PNGIMG_1969_(resized).PNG

IMG_1970_(resized).PNGIMG_1970_(resized).PNG

IMG_1971_(resized).PNGIMG_1971_(resized).PNG

IMG_1972_(resized).PNGIMG_1972_(resized).PNG

#188 8 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

I don't hate anything, just aware enough to know when something is bullshit. Amazing to me that anyone can believe in those man made fairytales from a time whne they didn't what bacteria is and where the sun went at night, come on man.

Again. Bible Adventure pin thread. You are entitled to believe whatever you like. No hard feelings from this guy. Would gladly discuss my beliefs with anyone on here if they would like, but this thread is about the GREATEST PINBALL MACHINE EVER MADE!!!

Bible Adventures

Joseph mode

Shoot scoop - Joseph thrown in well
    Shoot orbit - sold into slavery
    Shoot ramp - (maybe twice) rises to power in Potiphar's house
    Shoot scoop again - Potiphar's hussy wife gets him thrown in prison
    Shoot ramps like 4 times - rise to power as ruler of Egypt second only to the pharaoh

#189 8 years ago

Then I think you gotta work the brothers and their reconciliation in there. This could be one ridiculously deep game.

#190 8 years ago

Seriously though, I want to thank Terry for refreshing this topic and Ben for suggesting the concept. I support it. My advice, if you get serious about it, is to draft up the concepts and then get the input from one or more pastors, such as the Willow Creek folks, just to get a sort of "green light" that this is okay and none of the content is considered offensive. What you want here is something that's fun and uses the rich backstory of the bible without making fun of it. I could see hundreds of church youth centers adding this to their rec rooms, not to mention my game room.

#191 8 years ago

If you defeat the Council of Nicaea does this open the hypocraful modes?

#192 8 years ago
    Quoted from Taxman:

If you defeat the Council of Nicaea does this open the hypocraful modes?

Do you mean apocrypha?

#193 8 years ago
    Quoted from ptrav1:

Again. Bible Adventure pin thread. You are entitled to believe whatever you like. No hard feelings from this guy. Would gladly discuss my beliefs with anyone on here if they would like, but this thread is about the GREATEST PINBALL MACHINE EVER MADE!!!
    Bible Adventures
    Joseph mode
    Shoot scoop - Joseph thrown in well
    Shoot orbit - sold into slavery
    Shoot ramp - (maybe twice) rises to power in Potiphar's house
    Shoot scoop again - Potiphar's hussy wife gets him thrown in prison
    Shoot ramps like 4 times - rise to power as ruler of Egypt second only to the pharaoh

With enough modes like this along with color animations, this game would be killer!

#194 8 years ago

Double-high color display, thank you very much

#195 8 years ago

I think this would be a hit at the CYO Center. Kids getting acknowledged for high score is always worth a smile.

#196 8 years ago
    Quoted from Methos:

Do you mean apocrypha?

That's it. Sorry, middle of the night you'd think I'd look it up before guessing based on phonetics. (I was going to say fonetic spelling)

I'm Byzantine Catholic, instead of AAB (Add A Ball) we want AAA (Add An Archangel) or something like a troll bomb. Every once and I while you can call in the divine intervention.

#197 8 years ago
    Quoted from Taxman:

instead of AAB (Add A Ball) we want AAA (Add An Archangel) or something like a troll bomb. Every once and I while you can call in the divine intervention.

I like it! Divine intervention can also be a ball save, but that's just me

Other terms: (Can be used as a Ball Save, or extra ball Shoot Again)

-Salvation
    -The Holy Spirit (a flashing cross)
    -God is With You
    -Resurrection
    -Save us From Evil!
    -Deliver us From Sin!
    -Redemption

The Trinity could be your playfield multiplier, displayed by 3 lights:
    Father: Lit after Crucifixion mode start.
    Son: 2x playfield multiplier.
    Holy Ghost: 3x playfield multiplier. Now hit the lit apostle shots for some biblical scores!

#198 8 years ago

Pipe organ music like this would be fitting when entering high score initials.

#199 8 years ago

Hmm, lots of good terms.

For Ball Saves I like "Ball Save Us" or "Salvation"

You know how some games know there are cheap ball losses from magnets or like IJ the drop pops the ball it knows to give it back? This could be a "Forgiveness".

If you earn a free ball from score threshold I think "Penance Earned"

Free Game from Match or High Score Award "Resurrection" or "Redemption" fits well.

Another useful term is "absolution", sounds like a good skill shot.

Unless the game is about souls. Then it is Soul Saved or Free Soul...

Oh, I think a 3-way combo is a "Holy Trinity" and instead of Jackpot Lit it could be Candle Lit.

For multipliers little crosses instead of 2X and 3X

And if you read this far maybe real short legs on the game so you have to play on your knees.

Sit, Stand, Kneel, Pray.

#200 8 years ago

would this be possible

rent it to a church for say 300.00 a month, then donate 300.00 a month to the church's youth group fund. get the 501/c write off for donating to the church, the church wouldnt have to really pay for it sinceyou would be donating the same amount. after 2 years, the write off would probably be the value of the game when new

There are 539 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 11.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bible-adventures-pinball-discussion-thread/page/4?hl=rustylizard and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.