4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 534 posts
  • 160 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by KHL
  • Topic is favorited by 24 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 69 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

aPuz5 (resized).jpg
    5144443 (resized).jpg
    Screen Shot 2018-01-25 at 5.33.20 PM (resized).png
    image1 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    Creación_de_Bible_Adventures.jpg
    ba.png
    1516475018070810693597893017888 (resized).jpg
    bible.png
    MatchBC (resized).jpg
    14986010318881102019668 (resized).jpg
    Drain (resized).png
    DissinTerry (resized).jpg
    e841bec0c24f33a59abd49c6b2c549fe (resized).jpg

There are 534 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 11.
    #101 4 years ago

It'd be awesome if you could add humor while respecting the original material.

Moses+and+his+15+commandments_ada8a3_4797948_(resized).png

#102 4 years ago

Blow up planned parenthood multiball?

#103 4 years ago

There will not be any jokes at the expense of any religion in this. Don't sidetrack this topic by suggesting any.

There could be humor, like Goliath saying to David "I thought you'd be bigger" or when the doors of the Ark close, some obviously extinct animal doesn't quite make it on board.

#104 4 years ago

#105 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rockytop:

I love it Ben...you have put a ton of thought in this already. If you make it past 40 seconds you have a chance to hit a shot that sends out a dove and then another to bring back the olive leaf super jackpot.

And if you make it past that, you land on Mt. Ararat.

Another possibility is the Walls of Jericho mode. Moses gets all the fame and poor Joshua is left with little fanfare.

#106 4 years ago

I guess what I'd like to know is will there be a King James unlimited edition?

#107 4 years ago
    Quoted from benheck:

Could be cool to have a double-high color display. Could keep all 4 scores (or ball/player info) top and bottom to letterbox the actual video in an aspect ratio close to 2.35 (scope)
    Actual video size would be 128x48 which is only 4 sectors more per frame than Rob Zombie.

Think big. Even Sega games all had 6 players. This could have 7.

#108 4 years ago
    Quoted from Methos:

Another possibility is the Walls of Jericho mode.

This is also badly needed in a WWE code update.

8_display_image_(resized).png

#109 4 years ago
    Quoted from benheck:

There will not be any jokes at the expense of any religion in this. Don't sidetrack this topic by suggesting any.

Probably shouldn't sidetrack this topic by bringing up religion period. Kinda against the rules around here.

#110 4 years ago
    Quoted from Taxman:

Think big. Even Sega games all had 6 players. This could have 7.

Wouldn't 12 be appropriate?

#111 4 years ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

Wouldn't 12 be appropriate?

No, pre Christ. Otherwise you'd have to have a baker's dozen. And a little Judas bash toy swinging from a rope. - Collect Silver.

See, has to stay old testament or it just starts getting funny.

#112 4 years ago

I'd mod my game with dinosaurs.

#113 4 years ago

We can always use another fantasy themed pinball machine so why not? LOTR's, TH and The Bible Trilogy complete.

#114 4 years ago

Instruction card should be 10 commandments:
    Though shall not tilt
    Though shall not covet theigh neighbor's ball lock
    Though shall not be a sore loser

#115 4 years ago

Wow! Some Fun Ideas! You may not like this one, but Grab all 3 Judaic Religions.

Pro- Judaism-Old Testament...The Cheapest Version.
    Premium-Christianity NT
    LE - Islam... Polite Political joke please, no one buys because...a) No one wants...b) afraid to press start button, C) Jihadist Suicide Mode.

Hopefully Im not punished, it is in jest, with no disrespect.
    I am a student of all 3 as in a Theologist....so Ill go with the flow

#116 4 years ago

I think you should provide this as a kit that can be used to re-theme a BBB. That way, you have to offer a worthy sacrifice in order to be an owner.

#117 4 years ago

Wait a min.... This is real? Not a joke? As a NON-religious person. I find this hilarious... For example, when the machine breaks down will the owner try and preform an Exorcism? Will the lock down bar come with a beer seal or a sacramental wine seal. lol I will admit,... I want to hear Jesus yell... MULTIBALL!!!!

#118 4 years ago

Well looks like I start saving money for this one

#119 4 years ago

#obvious

cross_flippers_(resized).jpg

#120 4 years ago

Please make this happen Ben. I'm in. Seriously, can I get my name on the list? No joke.

This would be the best pin of all time.

Seriously, please put my name on the list. Can I have machine number one?

Ok. I'll stop now. But seriously.

#121 4 years ago
    Quoted from benheck:

There could be humor, like Goliath saying to David "I thought you'd be bigger" or when the doors of the Ark close, some obviously extinct animal doesn't quite make it on board.

Love it.

#122 4 years ago

I'm in 100%!
    Endless possibilities!
    Old Testament stories/modes with the battle of Armageddon wiz mode!

#123 4 years ago

I can already see the potential for Lucifer mods... Could easily turn this pin into an anti-christ pin and it would do great on location lol.

Quoted from iron00monkey:

"Resurrection" extra ball, or ball save?

I think Zombie Jesus.... lol

#124 4 years ago

Not feeling this theme, at all.

#125 4 years ago
    Quoted from Plungemaster:

Not feeling this theme, at all.

lol_(resized).png

I find it hilarious who ever thumbs this down...

#126 4 years ago

The Passion grossed 600 million dollars. The highest grossing rated R movie of all time. So who cares if some of us did not see it because it is not your thing?

My question is if this pin is a "Home Run", which it should be, will it be limited out of the gate or open to more orders in the future? I mean every church the country would have this in their game room. No?

#127 4 years ago

I don't know much about churches but do churches generally have $6000 sitting around and someone keeping tabs on the pinball community who would be able to get on the interested list in time?

#128 4 years ago
    Quoted from supercombo:

The rec room of every youth group around the world would be THIRSTY for this machine.

"Guys, I'd like to ask for prayer tonight for Mike, he's been struggling with some impure thoughts. And Gretchen, whose dad drinks sometimes on Saturdays. Oh and, uh, if you would... remember me in prayer this weekend at PAPA, I'm sure there will be temptations abounding and I just want to be a testimony to these pinsiders."

Quoted from toyotaboy:

Do we have to tithe 10% of our score at the end of the game?

It's parasitical. Once you've triggered the Levitical Law mode, all sorts of scoring changes apply until you reach Messiah (aka Wizard) mode.

#129 4 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

video mode?
    BibleBlaster_(resized).jpg
    250px-Billy_Graham's_Bible_Blaster_(resized).png
    Soundtrack:
    » YouTube video

No thing the stuff that Color Dreams / Bunch Games / Wisdom Tree put out.

#130 4 years ago

Did I miss a (last supper ) wizard mode?

#131 4 years ago
    Quoted from Haymaker:

how about Quaran adventures pinball? Or perhaps Torah the pinball?

Torah, Pentateuch, Musa.... what's the difference?

#132 4 years ago

How about The Theory of Evolution Wizard mode, then the game disappears.

#133 4 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

How about The Theory of Evolution Wizard mode, then the game disappears.

lol... they will then think it is a miracle and write a book about it.

#134 4 years ago
    Quoted from Brazy:

Did I miss a (last supper ) wizard mode?

I'm sure the bible denounces non-prophetic wizards, there probably won't be a wizard mode at all.

#135 4 years ago
    Quoted from DefaultGen:

I don't know much about churches but do churches generally have $6000 sitting around and someone keeping tabs on the pinball community who would be able to get on the interested list in time?

I would say somewhere between 30% to 40% of the churches in the USA have the kind of budget that would allow them to buy a pinball game for their youth area. Most larger churches would love a game like this. The church I attend has pool table, fooseball, video games etc... Their idea is to make church an enjoyable place to hang out which keeps the kids off the street.

#136 4 years ago
    Quoted from Krankypants:

I would say somewhere between 30% to 40% of the churches in the USA have the kind of budget that would allow them to buy a pinball game for their youth area. Most larger churches would love a game like this. The church I attend has pool table, fooseball, video games etc... Their idea is to make church an enjoyable place to hang out which keeps the kids off the street.

I concur. There's not much out there that teaches the great Old Testament Biblical stories in a way like a good pinball could. I suspect it could sell several thousand pro-like machines just for Church youth areas. Or, the builder could choose to go tasteless humor outside of the story lines and sell to the twenty-plus people on here who can't put aside their hatred for the story line, regardless of how it's framed.

#137 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

» YouTube video

I can't say I'd be into a religious machine like this, but a Moral Orel themed machine would be tits!

#138 4 years ago
    Quoted from NoMonkey:

I can't say I'd be into a religious machine like this, but a Moral Oral themed machine would be tits!

You're confusing ethnic history with religion. They're just stories, many of them universal to the three religions that hog the spotlight but still just stories from the middle east. I agree, a Moral Orel theme would absolutely be tits - and I'd want one - but taz's point is well taken. These stories and themes, when treated respectfully, have a hook that's been vetted by billions of people over thousands of years. While the idea of marketing it to churches completely cracks me up, I could also make a reasonable point that we're talking about people who tend to eschew a number of vices that pinball doesn't have to be associated with.

Ever play the card game Rook? It's essentially Spades, only with a deck that's not made up of standard playing cards. Spades tends to be associated, at least where I'm from, with prison and ghetto populations. Rook, on the other hand, is a staple in most conservative Christian households in Lancaster county (Amish country near me). Why? Because playing cards had too strong an association with gambling and got thrown out with the bathwater, not because they didn't want to play cards.

All I'm saying is, this could be the pinball machine that doesn't go in bars. Or Domino's stores. Doesn't mean a pinhead wouldn't want one.

#139 4 years ago

I think it's a great idea,but you would have to stick to a specific theme, like Moses, or Noah.
    The more people say no, the more it will be a hit, the haters always boost sales.

#140 4 years ago
    Quoted from emkay:

You're confusing ethnic history with religion. They're just stories, many of them universal to the three religions that hog the spotlight but still just stories from the middle east. I agree, a Moral Orel theme would absolutely be tits - and I'd want one - but taz's point is well taken. These stories and themes, when treated respectfully, have a hook that's been vetted by billions of people over thousands of years. While the idea of marketing it to churches completely cracks me up, I could also make a reasonable point that we're talking about people who tend to eschew a number of vices that pinball doesn't have to be associated with.
    Ever play the card game Rook? It's essentially Spades, only with a deck that's not made up of standard playing cards. Spades tends to be associated, at least where I'm from, with prison and ghetto populations. Rook, on the other hand, is a staple in most conservative Christian households in Lancaster county (Amish country near me). Why? Because playing cards had too strong an association with gambling and got thrown out with the bathwater, not because they didn't want to play cards.
    All I'm saying is, this could be the pinball machine that doesn't go in bars. Or Domino's stores. Doesn't mean a pinhead wouldn't want one.

I'm not sure I'd say I'm confusing them. I definitely stand by the point that I'd be against a religious themed machine. Fair point about the stories in general though. They're definitely of epic proportions and could make for some sweet modes!

#141 4 years ago
    Quoted from Wyopinball:

I think it's a great idea,but you would have to stick to a specific theme, like Moses, or Noah.
    The more people say no, the more it will be a hit, the haters always boost sales.

Yes I think a specific part would work better than trying to do the whole Bible.

#142 4 years ago

I think they should base it off of AVGN's review of bible games.

#143 4 years ago

Go Apocrypha.....Gospel of Thecla Jackpot ....Talking Cross of Thomas Multiball....Gospel of Peter Divinity mode...

#144 4 years ago
    Quoted from Mr68:

I'd mod my game with dinosaurs.

Dude, I always thought if you did a BBH with dinosaurs running across the playfield you would have a killer hit.

#145 4 years ago
    Quoted from taz:

I concur. There's not much out there that teaches the great Old Testament Biblical stories in a way like a good pinball could. I suspect it could sell several thousand pro-like machines just for Church youth areas. Or, the builder could choose to go tasteless humor outside of the story lines and sell to the twenty-plus people on here who can't put aside their hatred for the story line, regardless of how it's framed.

Count me in on a lighthearted, fun trip through the stories of the mythology and not a serious, boring game meant for bible study in youth groups. I somehow doubt the idea in people's heads when this is brought up is a humorless game to follow a religious text by the letter and sell to churches.

When someone says Bible Adventures, I think animals stacked on top of Noah's head.

ss-bible_adventures_noah_(resized).png

#146 4 years ago

I cant wait to see if this pin comes to light endless possibilities.

#147 4 years ago

This is just like Sunday school.

#148 4 years ago

I'm so in for this! Wasn't there a guy on "Special When Lit" that suggested this year's ago??

#149 4 years ago

This is such a home run waiting to happen. The only problem which could ruin it is if it gets pandered to the crowd that likes a limited amount of these made. I hope it would be a "we will keep making them as long as people will buy them!" type of game. Pinball needs more of these games to keep going. Not less.

The target audience is also the low key, successful, charitable, church going, family guys (not "that Family Guy!") who want something fun to play with their family and friends. My neighborhood is full of them. There are a bunch of good guys, who I hang out with, who have nice families and they dig sports and drink beer, but they do not get caught up in the "shock" value world we live in. Refreshing! They have gamerooms with shuffle boards, air hockey and they all like Golden Tee. If that pin came out they would be interested for sure.

It is super intriguing on what it would be like. I don't even go to church either.

#150 4 years ago

Ok.. I need to drain this thread from my activity. The temptation to say how stupid this pin will be is ridicules.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 40.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Arcade Arts
    $ 44.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 49.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 84.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    PinBoss Mods
    $ 6,995.00
    Pinball Machine
    Flip N Out Pinball
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 999.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    Apparel - Men
    Great American Pinball
    $ 119.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Singer Pinball Designs
    $ 29.99
    $ 99.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 65.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Texas Pinball
    $ 59.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    $ 24.25
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 5,899.00
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 7,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 11.95
    $ 189.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 199.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 69.50
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    There are 534 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 11.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside