(Topic ID: 147401)

Bible Adventures Pinball Discussion Thread

By pinballlife

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

aPuz5 (resized).jpg
    5144443 (resized).jpg
    Screen Shot 2018-01-25 at 5.33.20 PM (resized).png
    image1 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    Creación_de_Bible_Adventures.jpg
    ba.png
    1516475018070810693597893017888 (resized).jpg
    bible.png
    MatchBC (resized).jpg
    14986010318881102019668 (resized).jpg
    Drain (resized).png
    DissinTerry (resized).jpg
    e841bec0c24f33a59abd49c6b2c549fe (resized).jpg

There are 539 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 11.
    #501 6 years ago

I'll buy NIB if it has a Jesus multiball mode that "heals" anything broken on the PF when I shoot it.

#502 6 years ago
    Quoted from jfre81:

I'll buy NIB if it has a Jesus multiball mode that "heals" anything broken on the PF when I shoot it.

No Jesus. This is all BC - Old Testament. You will still have to fix things yourself.

#503 6 years ago

Or Ark mulitball where you have to avoid hitting it or the mod ends. It would have to be a controlled two ball where accuracy is rewarded stray touches would strike you dead. If ark is hit Picturing a total flipper kill with crazy flasher hit ball drains three second silence. New ball kicks out player continues on same ball play number. Could be a mini wizard mode or encore type round.

#504 6 years ago

#505 6 years ago
    Quoted from HOOKED:

Or Ark mulitball where you have to avoid hitting it or the mod ends. It would have to be a controlled two ball where accuracy is rewarded stray touches would strike you dead. If ark is hit Picturing a total flipper kill with crazy flasher hit ball drains three second silence. New ball kicks out player continues on same ball play number. Could be a mini wizard mode or encore type round.

Good idea! Was planning something like that for Adam & Eve MB as well (2 balls, all switches score avoid the Apple)

My idea for most modes is to have multiple stages. For instance after you use the ramp to advance the 10 Plagues of Egypt you start Exodus which has 3 stages (if you're good enough):

1) Rea Sea split MB (get as many balls through opening as possible)
    2) Collect 10 commandments
    3) Wander desert for 40 years

Stage 3 of which could involve "not touching the ark"

#506 6 years ago

TNA, Alice Cooper, and if this is next...then Spooky has my money for years to come.

#507 6 years ago
    Quoted from benheck:

Rea Sea split MB (get as many balls through opening as possible)

I love that you're including this.. great theme implimentation

#508 6 years ago

Can the entire soundtrack be done by Phil Collins? #metapuns

#509 6 years ago
    Quoted from nwpinball:

Or "He is" with the Ghost song... » YouTube video

Great song! Very Moody Bluesish.

#510 6 years ago
    Quoted from Reechard:

Can the entire soundtrack be done by Phil Collins? #metapuns

Would settle for Peter Gabriel era also.

#511 6 years ago

So are we confirming this is after Alice cooper?

#512 6 years ago
    Quoted from extraballingtmc:

So are we confirming this is after Alice cooper?

To paraphrase Helen Parr ... if it happens at all, it'll be ... after ... Alice Cooper.

#513 6 years ago
    Quoted from benheck:

Good idea! Was planning something like that for Adam & Eve MB as well (2 balls, all switches score avoid the Apple)
    My idea for most modes is to have multiple stages. For instance after you use the ramp to advance the 10 Plagues of Egypt you start Exodus which has 3 stages (if you're good enough):
    1) Rea Sea split MB (get as many balls through opening as possible)
    2) Collect 10 commandments
    3) Wander desert for 40 years
    Stage 3 of which could involve "not touching the ark"

Wander in the desert was tedious for them just before Jericho. id make that a stumbled upon mode where its timed for 40 seconds nothing you hit scores you cant drain to stop it and no flipper holds lol. That would be a unique frustrating mess for the player.

#514 6 years ago

\m/

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#515 6 years ago

http://thisweekinpinball.com (deeproot)

TWIP: About a year ago on Pinside, Ben Heck was discussing Bible Adventures and you mentioned “Already spoken for, friend”. Do you plan to make a Bible Adventures theme?

RM: So back in mid 2015 when I was working with Ben and Charlie, Ben wanted to do a Bible Adventures game and Charlie was like…no. So Ben and I started talking about ideas and it became clear that we had two very different takes on the theme. I have not spoken to Ben since. About a year ago, I started designing Fire & Brimstone layout, mechs, and rulesets. It will be the first religious pinball of its kind. We have partnered with Kingstone for the artwork and collaborative Christian marketing. We wanted a grittier take on the Old Testament stories that Kingstone has done so well with. We intend for Fire & Brimstone to be enjoyed by people of all denominations or faiths (Christian, Non-Denominational, Protestant, Catholic, Jewish, LDS), or no faith at all.

TWIP: Will Fire and Brimstone be deeproot’s first title?

RM: We won’t have a ‘first’ title in that sense. Our primary priority is making great games internally, then taking care of the Zidware customers, then launch.

TWIP: You are the designer?

RM: I came up with and have spearheaded the design, but a lot of elements have been very collaborative. I have intentionally enforced a very collaborative environment here. I don’t want the old secretive, cutthroat WB dysfunction in our organization.

TWIP: Is it a “mode based” game, playing through different stories from the Old Testament?

RM: I hope everyone will be able to play it in the way that most satisfies them.

TWIP: Did you see the recent picture Ben Heck posted in the Pinside Bible Adventures Pinball Discussion thread of a foam core with a rotating scoop?

RM: Yes. We have already come up with some similar elements, and many more. I look forward to seeing what Ben can do with his version. He’s a brilliant and talented guy.

#516 6 years ago

The Bible Team:

image1 (resized).jpgimage1 (resized).jpg

#517 6 years ago

What a crock of shit. I have lost all respect for everyone in that photo.

#518 6 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

http://thisweekinpinball.com (deeproot)
    TWIP: About a year ago on Pinside, Ben Heck was discussing Bible Adventures and you mentioned “Already spoken for, friend”. Do you plan to make a Bible Adventures theme?
    RM: So back in mid 2015 when I was working with Ben and Charlie, Ben wanted to do a Bible Adventures game and Charlie was like…no. So Ben and I started talking about ideas and it became clear that we had two very different takes on the theme. I have not spoken to Ben since. About a year ago, I started designing Fire & Brimstone layout, mechs, and rulesets. It will be the first religious pinball of its kind. We have partnered with Kingstone for the artwork and collaborative Christian marketing. We wanted a grittier take on the Old Testament stories that Kingstone has done so well with. We intend for Fire & Brimstone to be enjoyed by people of all denominations or faiths (Christian, Non-Denominational, Protestant, Catholic, Jewish, LDS), or no faith at all.
    TWIP: Will Fire and Brimstone be deeproot’s first title?
    RM: We won’t have a ‘first’ title in that sense. Our primary priority is making great games internally, then taking care of the Zidware customers, then launch.
    TWIP: You are the designer?
    RM: I came up with and have spearheaded the design, but a lot of elements have been very collaborative. I have intentionally enforced a very collaborative environment here. I don’t want the old secretive, cutthroat WB dysfunction in our organization.
    TWIP: Is it a “mode based” game, playing through different stories from the Old Testament?
    RM: I hope everyone will be able to play it in the way that most satisfies them.
    TWIP: Did you see the recent picture Ben Heck posted in the Pinside Bible Adventures Pinball Discussion thread of a foam core with a rotating scoop?
    RM: Yes. We have already come up with some similar elements, and many more. I look forward to seeing what Ben can do with his version. He’s a brilliant and talented guy.

If anyone needed a reason to not support this goat rodeo of a company...

Very sad to see some respected people in the industry affiliated with this company.

I thought at one point this Deeproot guy had lawsuits on at least one designer in that photo? Who goes to work for a guy that previously sued you?

#519 6 years ago

I'll admit, "Fire and Brimstone" is a way better title than "Bible Adventures".

#520 6 years ago

Those guys in the pic look like they are in bible study praying that their paychecks will cash.

#521 6 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

If anyone needed a reason to not support this goat rodeo of a company...
    Very sad to see some respected people in the industry affiliated with this company.
    I thought at one point this Deeproot guy had lawsuits on at least one designer in that photo? Who goes to work for a guy that previously sued you?

What a segue from your comment to the avatar of the next poster. Solid work here!

#522 6 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

: Is it a “mode based” game, playing through different stories from the Old Testament?

I.e., doesn't know what mode based means, deflect

#523 6 years ago

If you attempt to pull off a Lazarus on the game it shuts off and then resumes play after three days.

Screen Shot 2018-01-25 at 5.33.20 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2018-01-25 at 5.33.20 PM (resized).png

#524 6 years ago

Appropriate as they'll need a lot of fucking prayers

Quoted from knobstone:The Bible Team:

#525 6 years ago
    Quoted from KHL:

If you attempt to pull off a Lazarus on the game it shuts off and then resumes play after three days.

Old testament only. No Jesus or Jesus references.

#526 6 years ago
    Quoted from Mitch:

No Jesus or Jesus references.

5144443 (resized).jpg5144443 (resized).jpg

#527 6 years ago

deleted

I hated how much vitriol was in my post so deleted. I hate that this company brings that out in me and the hobby. I can care less about a bible theme, but can appreciate the positive and family oriented concept that brings the right qualities into the hobby. That said, its outright offensive, to me at least, that this company started with JPOP in spite clear knowledge of his past, thought it ok. Then to boot, the poach an idea, he poached as their first launch, base it on a religious subject and try to 'jazz it up' by literally avoiding the uplifting aspect (which would at least be a redemption) but instead focus on the 'edgy' themes of omnipotent murderous rage. I guess if your shooting for evil... so gross.

#528 6 years ago
    Quoted from VacFink:

deleted
    I hated how much vitriol was in my post so deleted. I hate that this company brings that out in me and the hobby. I can care less about a bible theme, but can appreciate the positive and family oriented concept that brings the right qualities into the hobby. That said, its outright offensive, to me at least, that this company started with JPOP in spite clear knowledge of his past, thought it ok. Then to boot, the poach an idea, he poached as their first launch, base it on a religious subject and try to 'jazz it up' by literally avoiding the uplifting aspect (which would at least be a redemption) but instead focus on the 'edgy' themes of omnipotent murderous rage. I guess if your shooting for evil... so gross.

2 ideas. They poached *two* ideas. It mentioned in the article that JPop had in his contract with American Pinball that he could license his original Houdini theme and artwork for like $100, so he did that and handed it lock-and-stock to the new guys.

2 weeks later
    #529 6 years ago

Bible closed 19 days ago.

#530 6 years ago
    Quoted from benheck:

...after you use the ramp to advance the 10 Plagues of Egypt you start Exodus...

Get in our way and we're going to take your life
    Kick in your face and rape and murder your wife
    Plunder your town your homes they'll burn to the ground
    You won't hear a sound until my knife's in your back
    The EXODUS attack

#531 6 years ago
    Quoted from knobstone:

The Bible Team:

That picture says a lot psychologically. That dude completely turned around blatantly covering Jpops face and Barry and Dennis as the only other guys not looking at the camera. Some might say they didn't want their picture taken, some might say they look embarrassed. It's just a strange photo IMHO.

#532 6 years ago
    Quoted from Frippertron:

That picture says a lot psychologically. That dude completely turned around blatantly covering Jpops face and Barry and Dennis as the only other guys not looking at the camera. Some might say they didn't want their picture taken, some might say they look embarrassed. It's just a strange photo IMHO.

So there have been a lot of conspiracy theories about the ‘picture’. In reality it is a lot of speculation over nothing. It was an insane day with getting everyone together on the same day, a winter storm shutting down SA, and trying to cram a lot into a few hours. Dennis and David had multiple flights cancel trying to get get home. So we were so busy doing stuff under those circumstances that we forgot to take pictures. So when Jeff kept asking for photo evidence of the historic day, the only decent picture we had was a candid my brother took with few noticing it was being taken. One that ended up being just as awkward as if taken in any business meeting. So you can take it as signs of people not wanting to be there, or as washed up expendables cashing in on a failed mission. In reality it is a photo of just what it appears to be: a candid shot taken in the middle of a business meeting. I am even hidden behind Josue (though I’m sure there will be conspiracy theories about that as well). We don’t mind it being out there. It was a historic day for us and the Pinball community.

— Robert dT

#533 6 years ago

Religion and I don't get along at all. It turns me off like nothing else.

#534 6 years ago
    Quoted from pinlawyer:

aPuz5 (resized).jpgaPuz5 (resized).jpg

2 years later
    #535 3 years ago

Any update on this? Would still love a Bible Adventures linball machine from Spooky.

#536 3 years ago
    Quoted from pinballlife:

Any update on this? Would still love a Bible Adventures linball machine from Spooky.

Sounds like this may be the next spooky/CGC collaboration

#538 3 years ago
    Quoted from pinlawyer:

Looks like you have 9 fiends who agree.

#539 3 years ago
    Quoted from mcluvin:

I could see some sort of timed goal to hit certain shots to prevent Abraham from sacrificing Isaac. How about a Plagues of Egypt mode? All kinds of possibilities....

Metallica Creeping Death would go great with a plagues of Egypt mode, as that's what the song is about. Some of the old Creed and Stryper songs would work, too. Maybe Zeppelin stairway to heaven could be worked in. I would love a pin with this theme if they could put together an epic sound package.

There are 539 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 11.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bible-adventures-pinball-discussion-thread/page/11?hl=beyndtstng and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.