(Topic ID: 12802)

BHZA????

By RGR

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mr68.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#41 11 years ago
Quoted from PinballHelp:

I don't know how boutique pinball games and extremely high prices are good for the hobby. IMO, it just makes the hobby more exclusive. Prices on electronics continue to go lower and lower, except when it comes to pinball machines. How is the industry supposed to grow when less and less people can afford to buy new games? And operators can't afford to put a $10,000 machine on location.
This is not me being a "hater" or a "basher." I'm just expressing a realistic opinion. I hope JPop's games are great and he does well, but if the industry is really going to blossom, games have to become more affordable.

Full disclosure. I am a Magic Girl and ZombieAdvantureland buyer. I'm also way tipsy on vodka so forgive any incoherent ramblings and typos.

I understand your concerns and some of the comments I've read from others in the past. Your post was reasonable and you are not a hater.

JPOP is appealing to a niche selection of the market. He is targeting the high end collector, of which there is a limited population. To make a small production run of a high end product cost a lot of money and appeals to a select few.

Most people never even considered buying Magic Girl at $16,000.00. It was thought crazy at the time. However a whole segment of folks (199 people) bought in at $10,000.00 to purchase ZombieAdventuerland. A lower price that fit into their comfort zone. Step down from there to buy WOZ or an LE Stern at $7,000.00 plus or minus is another level. As is MM, AFM etc. an additional level.

To put this in perspective consider this. Lets say someone has a collection of 1980's games that they paid an average of $700.00 per game for. Someone with no games could complain how those people have inflated prices out of everybody's league and are ruining the hobby.

As to where this hobby is headed I have no clue. I'm a buyer right now and having a blast is all I know. New pinball hobbyist are entering the market at all levels and home entertainment is seemly exploding right now. However more pinball manufactures are also springing up and it maybe a super nova of pinball. We all may end up with dust.

Quite frankly I am somewhat overwhelmed at times.

Crap... The ice in my drink has melted... Gotta go.

Kim

#62 11 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

So now I thinking of dropping one or two in my office

After this comes storage at friends and family's homes. This is followed by building an addition onto your home or a new home altogether. - To resist is futile.

Kim

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mr68.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bhza?tu=mr68 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.