Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 33 posts
  • 22 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Sea_Wolf
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

BG6 (resized).jpg
    BG5 (resized).jpg
    BG4 (resized).jpg
    BG3 (resized).jpg
    BG2 (resized).jpg
    BG1 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TwinDavid.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 2 years ago

Received my replacement glass from BGRESTO today!

The glass was well packed and is a true paint to glass production. The art work is a bit different from the original glass. Picture (5) is the original...6 is BGRESTO

I see a big difference in the translucence. BG is much darker. I'm not knocking it, but there has been so much chatter about various backglass repro providers, that I thought i should share my opinion. It took almost 7 months to receive the glass from BG. Steve communicated with me once...I emailed him and called. Radio silent. That was a drag. It was only because of the comments here that I hung with it and waited. With that said. Based on lead time, communication, quality and pricing...here are my rankings.

1- Webb/Shay

They are by far the best. They have limited inventory and mostly Gottlieb, but they are king.

2- Conway

His technique is a translite, but he communicates and ships the glass quickly. The final product works. I am at a loss why others think his work is substandard. Why? Because its not a screen product? I got one from BG...and it has its flaws. Also, I don't have to worry about bulb heat or environmental influence that could otherwise damage or shrink the art off the glass.

3- BG

Dude...7 months? and never replied to any of my emails or voice mails. Oh, he did respond..2 months back stating that the glass was complete and ready to ship.
    Steve's work is great...but his business communication (post payment) blows.

Well that's that. Thoughts?

BG1 (resized).jpgBG1 (resized).jpgBG2 (resized).jpgBG2 (resized).jpgBG3 (resized).jpgBG3 (resized).jpgBG4 (resized).jpgBG4 (resized).jpgBG5 (resized).jpgBG5 (resized).jpgBG6 (resized).jpgBG6 (resized).jpg
    #16 2 years ago
    Quoted from mrm_4:I will keep begrudgingly buying but doesn’t mean I’m going to defend poor communication and pretend to be understanding of this tired old “Steve travels and has a family” defense.
    Rock and a hard place. The dudes glasses are great. Everything else considered about being in business is a bummer.

..exactly!

2 weeks later
    #23 2 years ago

He's ok and still shipping glasses, My buddy ordered a Little Joe glass from him and he texted me stating that it was shipped last week. Patience young grasshopper. patience.

I'm curious. Which glass did you order?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TwinDavid.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bgresto-new-glass-finally-arrived?tu=TwinDavid and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.