Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 29 posts
  • 18 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by wolffcub
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

BB30CBD6-3779-4EC3-9D23-75B8E0CC1F35 (resized).jpeg
    9CB69769-AC7B-4741-835D-31DA0B56C941 (resized).jpeg
    PUOE1061 (resized).JPG
    AXII5151 (resized).JPG
    pasted_image (resized).png
    #1 3 years ago

Does anyone know if this company is still doing Backglass work? Just wondering if normal to say work is being delivered numerous times and tracking will be provided, and nothing...this was paid up front and now I am getting worried as we do not get any replies at all from this fellow....nervous as we usually pay with PayPal as to be protected but this transaction we only used emt was thinking referral from this site would make this go well.....

#3 3 years ago

Everything I've heard is their product is worth waiting for.

#4 3 years ago

Took about 4 months for mine. I've only ordered once and it is very nice. Tracking came at the time of shipping and it was at my door in a few days after that.

#5 3 years ago

I have seen them at the VFW open house.
    Usually they have a nice selection of extras and a few seconds.
    You may want to shout out on a MI thread to see if someone can shed some light on the current state of business.
    The lack of mirroring was always too much of a downside for the glass I had at the time.

The nature of the product warrants pick up, at least in my opinion.
    Shipping damage is too easy.

VFW canuck day will be coming. A bunch of us are going. I am sure someone could grab it if it is ready by then.

#6 3 years ago

Yes, I just received some backglasses from him this past week. I believe I ordered almost 9 months ago. He had a change in his printing process during this time in addition to COVID delays. It is a part time job for him, product is always delivered. I believe I have ordered 7 or so backglasses from him over the years and they have all turned out great. The newest ones are now directly printed to the glass instead of the large decal style he has done in the past and they light up better.

#7 3 years ago

Here is my Dragonfist backglass I got from him about two years ago. This is in the actual Dragonfist machine, and lit with incadesent bulbs.
    pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

Here is the Quicksilver that was just delivered last week installed in the Dragonfist machine to compare how the new printing method helps disperse the lighting better than the old printing method. You can see there are fewer hot spots and it looks great.

And just for good measure here is the Geiger Space Rider as well that was just delivered last week with the new printing method and it looks great.

#8 3 years ago
    Quoted from Tsskinne:

Here is my Dragonfist backglass I got from him about two years ago. This is in the actual Dragonfist machine, and lit with incadesent bulbs.
    [quoted image]
    Here is the Quicksilver that was just delivered last week installed in the Dragonfist machine to compare how the new printing method helps disperse the lighting better than the old printing method. You can see there are fewer hot spots and it looks great.
    [quoted image]
    And just for good measure here is the Geiger Space Rider as well that was just delivered last week with the new printing method and it looks great.
    [quoted image]

Have you compared the BGResto Quicksilver backglass directly with an original? The green looks quite unsaturated in your pic?

#9 3 years ago
    Quoted from Flynnyfalcon:

Have you compared the BGResto Quicksilver backglass directly with an original? The green looks quite unsaturated in your pic?

I love my BGresto backglass,........ until I hold it next to the original I sent in to use as the reference. I'd say out of 8 colors on my glass 3 of them match. The fix for this is i'm told "dont compare it to the original"

#10 3 years ago
    Quoted from mrm_4:

I love my BGresto backglass,........ until I hold it next to the original I sent in to use as the reference. I'd say out of 8 colors on my glass 3 of them match. The fix for this is i'm told "dont compare it to the original"

Appreciate your insight

#11 3 years ago
    Quoted from Flynnyfalcon:

Nope, but since I'm building it from scratch, and it looks 100% better than my non existant original I'm very happy.

#12 3 years ago

Thinking I got the answer I was looking for...just didn’t know with the Covid and all something may have happened....there has been Great communication in past. Now a few emails and time have gone unanswered....Guess I spoil my customers in my business..

#13 3 years ago
    Quoted from Lizardman00:

Thinking I got the answer I was looking for...just didn’t know with the Covid and all something may have happened....there has been Great communication in past. Now a few emails and time have gone unanswered....Guess I spoil my customers in my business..

I was told shipping June, the July, then got shipping tracking last week and they arrived a few days later. So similar experience.

#14 3 years ago
    Quoted from Tsskinne:

[quoted image]
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]

You Dragonfist looks like mine except I am lit with LEDs.

Your Quicksilver looks different than mine. I'll put up a pic of each tomorrow.

I'll have to compare my BG Resto Big Game to my original. As I recall, the colors on BG and Fist matched very close. I cannot compare my Quicksilver to another but is looks good.

#15 3 years ago
    Quoted from Tsskinne:

[quoted image]
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]

I recently got a Space rider BG from them. Not what I was expecting at all. The center image is so backed out you cant see any details on the male figure, "Ball in play text" is way outside the surrounding box, The full back glass has the images and backing offset from each other so everything is off and the main Space Rider text image always tricks the human eye that its blurry no matter how far away you stand because of the offset. I acquired a high res image of the artwork and I will need to do my own because this one is unusable. You can see part of the figure head in a pic. The center image looks so strange with the offset.

AXII5151 (resized).JPGAXII5151 (resized).JPGPUOE1061 (resized).JPGPUOE1061 (resized).JPG

#16 3 years ago

I have purchased three backglasses from BGresto. I am happy with all of the ones I have purchased.

Wolffcub, Did you contact him on your concerns? Just curious. One of the backglasses I received from had mistake. I contacted him and he redid it. No problem no charge.

#17 3 years ago
    Quoted from BleacherBum:

I have purchased three backglasses from BGresto. I am happy with all of the ones I have purchased.
    Wolffcub, Did you contact him on your concerns? Just curious. One of the backglasses I received from had mistake. I contacted him and he redid it. No problem no charge.

I have bought 3 back glasses from BG Resto. 2 of them developed problems while still in the box for a couple of months. Like you, I contacted him and he paid for return shipping for both pieces and sent me 2 replacements. There is something the human printer has to do to the glass for preparation and the human printer failed him in my case.

Wolfcub, contact him.

#18 3 years ago

BGResto is awesome. I've used him a few times. Yes...one of my backglasses had some of the reds looking a little less vibrant than the original. But it was beautiful anyway, and you wouldn't know the difference unless you put them side by side. And you know what I realized? Having a less-than perfect reproduction is better than having nobody do this for us at all. My concern is that if there is too much nitpicking on a guy's work--especially when it's not his day job and he does it on his free time--then he'll one day just take all his toys and go home. And then we'll all be well and truly fucked. I think you have to pick your battles. Just the opinion of someone who has put his money where his mouth is.

#19 3 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

My concern is that if there is too much nitpicking on a guy's work--especially when it's not his day job and he does it on his free time--then he'll one day just take all his toys and go home. And then we'll all be well and truly fucked. I think you have to pick your battles.

So this! I wish there were more actual thinking around here like this.

#20 3 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

BGResto is awesome. I've used him a few times. Yes...one of my backglasses had some of the reds looking a little less vibrant than the original. But it was beautiful anyway, and you wouldn't know the difference unless you put them side by side. And you know what I realized? Having a less-than perfect reproduction is better than having nobody do this for us at all. My concern is that if there is too much nitpicking on a guy's work--especially when it's not his day job and he does it on his free time--then he'll one day just take all his toys and go home. And then we'll all be well and truly fucked. I think you have to pick your battles. Just the opinion of someone who has put his money where his mouth is.

I’m not saying that other things he has turned out are not great. The quality of the glass , the print are great but the imagery is misaligned.

A few posts above mine others mention of other unfortunate things that happened and were addressed and rectified properly. Apparently they are bad people for bringing that stuff up and they should have apparently just lived with it according to you.

#21 3 years ago

as others have said worth the wait. have ordered 5 before been really happy. have an order for 3 more now.

he also ships to australia which is a bonus

#22 3 years ago
    Quoted from wolffcub:

I’m not saying that other things he has turned out are not great. The quality of the glass , the print are great but the imagery is misaligned.
    A few posts above mine others mention of other unfortunate things that happened and were addressed and rectified properly. Apparently they are bad people for bringing that stuff up and they should have apparently just lived with it according to you.

Not at all...people in this thread have said that he makes things right if you're unhappy. It sounds like you didn't contact him about it. I'm pretty sure he'd make it right with you if you did. I just think that coming on a forum and trashing a guy's work does no good for keeping people in this hobby that actually keep the hobby moving forward. UNLESS you've presented your concerns to him and haven't gotten satisfaction...and he's acted like a total dick in the process (which has happened on this forum). I totally feel for your situation, but you really should let him know your feelings about it.

#23 3 years ago

Has anybody had any responses from the company?

#25 3 years ago
    Quoted from wolffcub:

I recently got a Space rider BG from them. Not what I was expecting at all. The center image is so backed out you cant see any details on the male figure, "Ball in play text" is way outside the surrounding box, The full back glass has the images and backing offset from each other so everything is off and the main Space Rider text image always tricks the human eye that its blurry no matter how far away you stand because of the offset. I acquired a high res image of the artwork and I will need to do my own because this one is unusable. You can see part of the figure head in a pic. The center image looks so strange with the offset.
    [quoted image][quoted image]

Steve does great work!
    See my original (R) with chrome and copy

9CB69769-AC7B-4741-835D-31DA0B56C941 (resized).jpeg9CB69769-AC7B-4741-835D-31DA0B56C941 (resized).jpeg
    #26 3 years ago
    Quoted from Lizardman00:

Has anybody had any responses from the company?

A watched pot will never boil.

Forget about and you will enjoy the surprise.

#27 3 years ago

I've bought five backglasses from Steve(two pins and three EM rifle games) and they have all taken some time to arrive but have been excellent looking once here.

Colors being a half shade off have never bugged me because there were variations in the originals too.

For someone with his expertise/service I don't mind waiting the 3-6 months.

Most likely you'll be thrilled once your backglass arrives.

1 month later
    #28 3 years ago

Got mine for Phoenix today and looks great. Thanks Stephen

BB30CBD6-3779-4EC3-9D23-75B8E0CC1F35 (resized).jpegBB30CBD6-3779-4EC3-9D23-75B8E0CC1F35 (resized).jpeg
    9 months later
    #29 2 years ago

So I posted a while ago on this topic about a repo glass i got that had layers misaligned. As a follow up to my issue I was sent a new glass unit and it was perfect. Granted communication with BG can be timely, the replacement product is awesome. I also purchased a Star Gazer glass and my friend got a Dragonfit glass that was sent to me the same time as the replacement Space Rider. The other units are perfect and look beautiful. So sorry to BG if I came over harsh and my posts were bitchy.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bgresto-backglass-restorations-?hl=play_pinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.