(Topic ID: 145880)

BGresto backglass error and fix(and review)

By Okarcades

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Okarcades
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

I received an Old Chicago back glass from Steve at BGresto around March. It took about 8 weeks to arrive which is fine. And his communication was great the whole time . And he packed the backglass perfectly for shipping.

When I got the backglass it looked great. I got the backglass in and once I got done with a game I noticed it had no "game over" masked area so you couldn't see it at all when the light was one. Upon further inspection I also found that the "tilt" spot was missing too. I emailed Steve and let him know what problems I had with the backglass. He responded that same day via email and apologized and said he would replace the backglass for free with free shipping.

I couldn't believe it. He said he had to fix the error in his computer since I didn't send him my backglass because he already had the file. He said Old Chicago was one of his first back glasses he had done. I totally understood. Everybody makes mistakes.

A few months later out of nowhere I get the email with the tracking number and 3 days later showed up a perfect Old Chicago backglass. He said he didn't need the other backglass back either.

This is how you run a business. Dude paid for his mistake, made it more than right and when was nice and helpful the whole time along the way.

Huge shout out to Steve at BGresto for saving my game and running an awesome operation.

I hope this helps someone make the decision to get a glass from him. It may take while to get but it will be totally worth it. To me 8 weeks to get a backglass of this quality isn't a long time to wait. It's much better than no backglass.

1 month later
#2 8 years ago

I will agree with you. I ordered a Top Score backglass and when I received it there was a small flake of something that got in between the ink and glass. Steve said no problem and fired off a new backglass saying that he wanted a satisfied customer rather than make money doing this. He said I can have the first backglass he sent. Steve is a solid guy to deal with.

#3 8 years ago

Working with Steve on some custom projects right now...super guy!

#4 8 years ago

I had send several emails for a custom job to BGresto
Never received reply back

Any good other contacts

#5 8 years ago

I sent him payment 11 weeks ago for a backglass. I've asked numerous times when it would be shipped. He rarely responds to e-mails. Twice he responded with "it's shipping next week" and he never shipped anything at all, which tells me he's just a liar. I filed a dispute last week to get a refund. He hasn't responded to that either.

#6 8 years ago

I sent a payment on 10-7-15 and received the shipping notice on 12-26-15. i'm very pleased with the product and the transaction. I read somewhere that he does this as a hobby and travels for work quite a bit so I never emailed about any progress. I've waited years for repro playfields so i'm happy with the turnaround time and will do business with bgresto again.

#7 8 years ago

I have done multiple projects with Steve (and I mean MULTIPLE). Some were successful right out of the gate and others weren't. When things weren't perfect, he took the time to fully understand what wasn't right (dimensions, detail, hues, etc.) and promptly went to work to make it so. He has never complained - on the contrary, he prides himself on producing a beautiful replacement and making his customers happy.

The man does have a normal job, a family, and travels quite a bit. Backglass restores are not something that he does to make a living, but as time/primary responsibilities permit. Trust me, although the finished product is beautiful, he is not making a mint doing it.

If you haven't heard from him, try again. While there are minor stretches without communication, he ALWAYS comes through. Use BGresto with confidence.

#8 8 years ago

He gets over a hundred emails a day with his regular job. A phone call is the best way to reach him.

#9 8 years ago

I've been considering sending my Bally Safari backglass to them. I'd like to have it redone before it gets too bad, but I'm hesitant to send it in case it got damaged. I'm sure there is no way that I would ever be able to get another one.

#10 8 years ago
Quoted from rvdv:

I had send several emails for a custom job to BGresto
Never received reply back
Any good other contacts

Yea me also. Send 5 emails last summer wanting to buy several backglasses and no response. As a business owner I find this lack of customer service terrible and disappointing.

#11 8 years ago

I have sent emails and left a voicemail, NEVER get any replies.

#12 8 years ago

I finally received my backglass today. His work is nice, but his customer service skills are non-existant which would make me hesitate to use him again. If something is going to take 3 months, don't tell me 4-6 weeks. If you tell me 4-6 months I'd be good with that, you do need to let me know though. Also, don't tell me something is shipping right out and never ship anything and don't ignore my requests for an update on the status.

#13 8 years ago

I hear that sometimes he doesn't respond to emails as well but he still fixes the problem and the backglass ALWAYS shows up eventually. I agree he shouldn't put 4-6 weeks unless it's going to be within that time frame because it may cause some confusion. He's the only guy out there doing it so I am still very thankful that he is in the business because if it wasn't for him I would have nothing for a backglass. He may not reply to all emails promptly and sometimes he just forgets to message back but in the end you will get a great product.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bgresto-backglass-error-and-review and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.