(Topic ID: 87287)

BGResto - Awesome job on my Nitro Ground Shaker backglass!

By Piparoo

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by beadwindow
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

photo 1 (5)-682.JPG
photo 4 (4).JPG
photo 3 (5).JPG
photo 2 (5).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Piparoo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

For those of you wondering, bgresto hooked me up with an awesome backglass for my Nitro Ground Shaker. The game is in pieces now so I couldn't snap a picture of it illuminated but here are a couple pictures of the glass that bgresto sent, along side my thrashed original.

photo 2 (5).JPGphoto 2 (5).JPG photo 3 (5).JPGphoto 3 (5).JPG photo 4 (4).JPGphoto 4 (4).JPG photo 1 (5)-682.JPGphoto 1 (5)-682.JPG
#3 10 years ago

Seeing it on the doorstep this afternoon was a good motivator to get my butt moving and clean the Mylar glue off the playfield

#11 10 years ago
Quoted from NinJaBooT:

How much was it? I'm looking for a NGS backglass?

It was around $230 shipped. $180 for the glass and $50 for shipping. It was VERY securely packaged.

Quoted from erichill:

Looks very nice. Could you please share some photos of the glass installed in the game with the GI lit up?

Unfortunately the playfield is mostly taken apart at the moment so I haven't been able to take any photos of it illuminated. I'm sure it will be slightly more opaque than the original when illuminated (they state this clearly on their website) but I'm not super fussy and think it looks incredible.

Quoted from Gov:

Nevermind, I see they have it listed. I wonder if it is better quality than the CPR one.

In general I think even Steve at bgresto would admit that silk screening is superior to the process bgresto uses. CPR's paragon backglass may be an exception though. From what I've read, some folks weren't too happy with opacity of the blacks on CPRs repro glass. It would be interesting to see the two illuminated side by side.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Piparoo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bgresto-awesome-job-on-my-nitro-ground-shaker-backglass?tu=Piparoo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.