Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by gjm
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 3 years ago

Hi out there
    Was wondering if anyone has got problems with bg resto.
    Ordered and paid back in November.
    I am in Australia.
    Have been told its leaving soon for the last 2 mths.
    Now my emails r not being returned.
    Being so far there is not much l can do.
    Just wondering if l have been duped
    Appreciate any feedback

#2 3 years ago
    Quoted from Naturesedge:

Hi out there
    Was wondering if anyone has got problems with bg resto.
    Ordered and paid back in November.
    I am in Australia.
    Have been told its leaving soon for the last 2 mths.
    Now my emails r not being returned.
    Being so far there is not much l can do.
    Just wondering if l have been duped
    Appreciate any feedback

They are legit. I have never heard anything negative. I'm not sure what the issue is. Have you called them, or just emailed?

#3 3 years ago

Unfortunately, you can usually expect bgresto to take 3-5 months to produce a backglass.

I can't say that I've heard of anyone who has said he didn't eventually deliver...it is just a considerably long wait.

#4 3 years ago

I have to say they are amazing.
    Art, takes time. Period.
    I count 4 ive been involved in.
    Keep in mind we're in a completely Niche Hobby.
    Pinball takes time.

#5 3 years ago

BGResto is not their full time job. Steve does a lot of traveling for his full time job. I have ordered 8 backglasses from him and all of them arrived in perfect condition. Patience is the key.

#6 3 years ago

If you search Pinside you’ll find many similar threads over the years.

He will deliver. You have not been duped. It might take many months.

#7 3 years ago

Normal, lots of folks end up selling the game before they even get the glass they ordered.

#8 3 years ago

I've bought 6. All top notch, worth the wait.

#9 3 years ago

Takes 5-6 months to get them to you from payment. I have had the same issue. He is not good at email but he will get it to you.

#10 3 years ago

Steve is a solid guy. It takes a while but you will get it.

3 weeks later
    #11 2 years ago

My current BG Resto experience.....

Paid for a backglass in May last year.
    When it arrived there were issues with the glass (manufacturing issues, not shipping).
    Steve said he would ship a replacement within the week, which sounded great, however it never happened. That was October.
    Then in December Steve said he had a replacement on hand & would ship next day & email me tracking info.
    5 months later.... no tracking info, no backglass, no responses to any of my emails, nothing.
    So after 12 months I still don't have what I paid for...

#12 2 years ago
    Quoted from fire_away:

My current BG Resto experience.....
    Paid for a backglass in May last year.
    When it arrived there were issues with the glass (manufacturing issues, not shipping).
    Steve said he would ship a replacement within the week, which sounded great, however it never happened. That was October.
    Then in December Steve said he had a replacement on hand & would ship next day & email me tracking info.
    5 months later.... no tracking info, no backglass, no responses to any of my emails, nothing.
    So after 12 months I still don't have what I paid for...

That sucks

1 month later
    #13 2 years ago

I recently had to open a paypal case. I inquired by email if they were still doing glasses which I got a reply immediately saying they were, and its a 6-12 week wait. Emailed afterwards to see if they had got my payment with no response. After about 2 months I tried calling with no answer/return call. Finally I texted back in May and was told it was completed, and “should” ship the next week. Another month goes by and I texted again. Was told he was behind and would ship out the following day and would text me the tracking, (this past Friday). Again I asked what the tracking was, and its been crickets ever since. If I was told “hey I need more time”, that would have been perfectly fine. But to tell a customer its shipping the following day and then blatantly ignore them, is just bad business practice.

#14 2 years ago
    Quoted from gjm:

BGResto is not their full time job. Steve does a lot of traveling for his full time job. I have ordered 8 backglasses from him and all of them arrived in perfect condition. Patience is the key.

Tired of hearing this same lame excuse.
    So he travels and this isn't his main gig, so what? Can't send an e-mail while on the road or flying?

#15 2 years ago
    Quoted from phil-lee:

Tired of hearing this same lame excuse.
    So he travels and this isn't his main gig, so what? Can't send an e-mail while on the road or flying?

I understand your point but it's not an "excuse" it's a "reason". And since most people know about this issue with him, (been enough threads on it) maybe the recourse is just don't order one and search for other options but since other options can be tough to find, then one has to make the decision knowing the wait time and lack of communication.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bg-resto-2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.