Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 60 posts
  • 38 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Xerico
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

and-there-was-much-rejoicing (resized).jpg
    382746_original (resized).jpg
    suzanna hoffs (resized).jpg
    bangles-manic_monday_s (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_3403 (resized).png
    images (resized).png
    MTE5NTU2MzIyMDA4NjYzNTYz (resized).jpg
    The_Bangles_-_In_Your_Room (resized).jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 60 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 7 years ago

Be careful when doing business with Buckeyepin. I had a sale pending with him for over a month now. He seemed like a stand up guy and I didn't take a deposit, I know I know, lesson learned. We had a date establish to exchanged my pinball machine he was purchasing. I agreed to meet him part way to help minimize his drive, it was only 1 hour for me but he said it was helpful. To do so I enrolled the help of a friend to help with transport, 2 days before we are to exchange the game he says his brother got tickets to the Bangles games and he wasnt going to be able to meet on Sunday. I said no problem, let me know what works for you next. I have my kids every other weekend so I had to wait 2 more weeks. We kept in touch trying to figure out which day works best. I sent a text today asking if this weekend works. I get a, sorry my wife's car broke down and the money they were going to use for the machine is now gone. I find that convenient and always assumed this email would come from him eventually. Anyhow, just thought I would share my story, I would exchange immediately when dealing with him or avoid all together. I was trying to be understanding and helpful when he backed out of our original date, but in the end people, always get a deposit!! I sent a texted and said "That is pretty fucked yo" autocorrect put a "yo" instead of "up". He responds "Did you just say fuck you to me? Not cool man". Any how, the situation has been less than pleasing. Needless to say I will be reposting my Whitewater for sale again shortly.

#2 7 years ago

Why do people keep doing this shit? His story could very well be true and you have no proof that it's not. Are you actually missing the irony that half the delay was caused by you, or maybe you just made up that story about your kids. And the only thing "fucked yo" about this story is you sending a text like that to someone.

Thanks for letting us know about a seller (that would be you) we should avoid.

#3 7 years ago
    Quoted from Tlamb:

he says his brother got tickets to the Bangles

The_Bangles_-_In_Your_Room (resized).jpgThe_Bangles_-_In_Your_Room (resized).jpg

I wonder if they did Walk Like an Egyptian.

#4 7 years ago

Regardless if it is true or not he backed out twice and I was understanding the first time and worked with him to figure out a different date to exchange the machine. The moral of the story was to always get a deposit when you are holding a machine. I have many people I have dealt with on here and have had great experiences, this experience was just bad. As for being a bad seller, I dont know how I could have been more accommodating to this sale. Bash me if you will, this is a good community of people and I would want to know this information when dealing with someone.

#5 7 years ago
    Quoted from Tlamb:

2 days before we are to exchange the game he says his brother got tickets to the Bangles

Sounds like Buckeypin walked like an Egyptian all over you.

MTE5NTU2MzIyMDA4NjYzNTYz (resized).jpgMTE5NTU2MzIyMDA4NjYzNTYz (resized).jpg

#6 7 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I wonder if they did Walk Like an Egyptian.

Snarky minds think alike

#7 7 years ago

images (resized).pngimages (resized).png

#8 7 years ago

Haha I mean cough cough, BENGALS!

I was going to edit after I posted, but I like it better this way

#9 7 years ago

I was on the other side of things on JR's post because the guy literally didn't deny he just wanted to keep the game, but this could very well be valid. Car repairs can get pricey. I have been in that situation before and it is incredibly embarrassing to break a deal but sometimes there is no other reasonable option. I think in that situation if you are really that low on money suddenly, it would be a bad foolish life decision to buy the machine anyways. Kudos to him for making the choice that was right for him. I had a friend who recently fell onto a new job after giving up his old one and he also realized it was not the right time to buy a brand new Metallica pin he had been saving up for for months, like a man.

I would research this a little more before shitting on the guy.

#10 7 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Looks like it's a Manic Monday after all...

Screenshot_3403 (resized).pngScreenshot_3403 (resized).png
    bangles-manic_monday_s (resized).jpgbangles-manic_monday_s (resized).jpg

#11 7 years ago

Think people need to find better ways to deal with stuff

No money was lost, only your time

I am sure you will find a new buyer

#12 7 years ago
    Quoted from Otaku:

I was on the other side of things on JR's post because the guy literally didn't deny he just wanted to keep the game, but this could very well be valid. Car repairs can get pricey. I have been in that situation before and it is incredibly embarrassing to break a deal but sometimes there is no other reasonable option. I think in that situation if you are really that low on money suddenly, it would be a bad foolish life decision to buy the machine anyways. Kudos to him for making the choice that was right for him. I had a friend who recently fell onto a new job after giving up his old one and he also realized it was not the right time to buy a brand new Metallica pin he had been saving up for for months, like a man.
    I would research this a little more before shitting on the guy.

Per Pinside rules, please include your age in all posts.

#13 7 years ago
    Quoted from PopBumperPete:

Think people need to find better ways to deal with stuff
    No money was lost, only your time
    I am sure you will find a new buyer

#14 7 years ago

PM Sent Re: WW purchase!

#15 7 years ago
    Quoted from jayhawkai:

Yeah, I'm so young and bring it up at times, yet somehow you're already doing a better job at being the immature one

#16 7 years ago

OP, did you expect better treatment from a Buckeye towards someone from Michigan? Woody Hayes is smiling in his grave.

If this doesn't make sense to you, you may be quite young.

Per Pinside rules that we are to state our age in posts, mine can be found in this clip from my favorite movie.....

#17 7 years ago

So the Michigan / Ohio State rivalry continues.

Can't we all just get along?

#18 7 years ago
    Quoted from Bos98:

PM Sent Re: WW purchase!

ha, bos, great minds think alike. I was wondering what the pin was... LOL

#19 7 years ago
    Quoted from Razorbak86:

So the Michigan / Ohio State rivalry continues.
    Can't we all just get along?

I can get along with either one. Alma mater is no barrier.....

#20 7 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

I can get along with either one.

I'd rather get along with both at the same time

#21 7 years ago
    Quoted from jayhawkai:

I see what you did there...

#22 7 years ago
    Quoted from fxdwg:

ha, bos, great minds think alike. I was wondering what the pin was... LOL

Playfield is really planked and the cab needs decals. If it was $2800-3000 I would be all over it.

#24 7 years ago

I learned my lesson. Any bad deals I encounter in the future won't be aired out here! You are slandered and lied about, then they close down the thread on you so you can't even defend yourself.
    You're on your own, people!

#25 7 years ago

Are the 2 on the left guys? If so they were ahead of their time.

Quoted from vid1900:

#26 7 years ago
    Quoted from Tlamb:

The moral of the story was to always get a deposit when you are holding a machine.

... except the title of your thread seems to detract from that.

Hope you find a new buyer. Its all just pinball.

#27 7 years ago

suzanna hoffs is still pretty damn fine looking. I probably would have had to reschedule too if I had plans with her
    suzanna hoffs (resized).jpgsuzanna hoffs (resized).jpg

#28 7 years ago

Tire kickers in the arcade hobby go together like tires and kickers. I bet 90% of the sudden illness and financial disaster is actually "Wife Said No", but nobody wants to look like a chump.

#29 7 years ago

Honestly sometimes the wife does say no. Happy wife happy life. Keep it on the level though. If that is why you need to back out then just say so. Elaborate fantasy stories are what make a person look like a chump in my opinion.

#30 7 years ago

Conversely sometimes a person backs out because after doing a bit of research after a knee jerk "I'll take it!", they realize that the deal isn't great or more to the point downright bad.

You can't force someone to buy your stuff. But one should expect a level of common courtesy and to not be strung along.

#31 7 years ago

Shit happens. Get over it.

#32 7 years ago
    Quoted from TOK:

Tire kickers in the arcade hobby go together like tires and kickers. I bet 90% of the sudden illness and financial disaster is actually "Wife Said No", but nobody wants to look like a chump.

Nah. "Wife said no" is one of the all-time classic "changed my mind" excuses in the hobby.

#33 7 years ago

If I made a post every time I had someone contact me to buy a game that backed out I could fill up the front page. Heck, a couple of times due to life situations I have had to back out of deals. If no money is exchanged who really gives a shit!!!!! Things happen and people change their minds. Once money has been exchanged a deal is a deal, until then it's a whole lot of nothing.

#34 7 years ago

Sometimes pinball is like young love.

#35 7 years ago

Maybe pinside should bring back dueling to settle these types of disputes. Robin could take bets to help fund the site.

382746_original (resized).jpg382746_original (resized).jpg

#36 7 years ago

Glove Slap, baby, Glove Slap!
    Glove Slap, shut your big yap!
    Glove Slap, I don't take crap!

#37 7 years ago

No one on Pinside cares about pinball "bad beat stories". Especially from the seller. If Buckeyepin wants to buy something from me, I will gladly hold it for him... as long as he puts a deposit down and doesn't care if he losses it, once he backs out.

Don't change your policies based on others peoples crazy experiences. Instead, start with good policies like not holding things for people. Holding items never seems to work out well.

"Be careful"... More like lets always use policies with ALL transactions where it's very difficult to get burnt. How about it? Take a Paypal deposit as a gift in the future. It's not perfect, but it helps to weed out a lot of the tire kickers. It lets you know the buyer is serious.

I know a lot of the transactions in a LOT of recent Pinside posts could have been prevented, if people just took better control of the situation in the first place.

#38 7 years ago

There was really no problem with his back out the first time. He gave you 2 days advance notice. I've given a day notice before because the vehicle I wanted to use became unavailable. I think the lesson here is as a seller don't go out of your way for the buyer. The buyer needs to make the effort not the seller. After the first time he backed out, you should have told him that first come buys the game. He would have either found the motivation to come get it or he would have let it go. It's not mean to expect the buyer to come right away because there are other buyers out there. Lessons learned.

#39 7 years ago
    Quoted from snyper2099:

No one on Pinside cares about pinball "bad beat stories". Especially from the seller. If Buckeyepin wants to buy something from me, I will gladly hold it for him... as long as he puts a deposit down and doesn't care if he losses it, once he backs out.
    Don't change your policies based on others peoples crazy experiences. Instead, start with good policies like not holding things for people. Holding items never seems to work out well.
    "Be careful"... More like lets always use policies with ALL transactions where it's very difficult to get burnt. How about it? Take a Paypal deposit as a gift in the future. It's not perfect, but it helps to weed out a lot of the tire kickers. Let's you know the buyer is serious.
    I know a lot of the transactions in a LOT of recent Pinside posts could have been prevented if people just took better control of the situation in the first place.

Good Post.

I've had some people hold the item for me till the weekend and I have had some sellers sell it before the weekend came. I'm not gonna make a post about how bad the seller is. If I wanted it bad enough, I should have made the effort. Otherwise I'm very appreciative if a seller does that and try to be on time.

#40 7 years ago
    Quoted from snyper2099:

... as long as he puts a deposit down and doesn't care if he losses it, once he backs out.
    "Be careful"... More like lets always use policies with ALL transactions where it's very difficult to get burnt. How about it? Take a Paypal deposit as a gift in the future. It's not perfect, but it helps to weed out a lot of the tire kickers. Let's you know the buyer is serious.
    I know a lot of the transactions in a LOT of recent Pinside posts could have been prevented if people just took better control of the situation in the first place.

You nailed it. Good advice that I have learned to follow.

#41 7 years ago
    Quoted from dmbjunky:

There was really no problem with his back out the first time. He gave you 2 days advance notice. I've given a day notice before because the vehicle I wanted to use became unavailable. I think the lesson here is as a seller don't go out of your way for the buyer. The buyer needs to make the effort not the seller. After the first time he backed out, you should have told him that first come buys the game. He would have either found the motivation to come get it or he would have let it go. It's not mean to expect the buyer to come right away because there are other buyers out there. Lessons learned.

Pretty much.

I had a game for sale recently, a good title at a good price. Within 2 hours received THREE PMs from folks who said "I'll take it!"

Great...please send me a deposit!

"Uhhhhh"

A few days later I sold it, but not to any of the people who quickly panic-PMd "I'll take it!!!!" within two hours of it being placed on sale.

There's plenty of ways to see if people are serious about buying your game and asking for a deposit is one of them. At any rate, there's no point in getting cranky when someone changes their mind - it happens. All the time. Someone else will buy it, and if not, lower the price and try again.

I know the natural feeling when you thought you had a game sold, and suddenly you don't, is blind rage, but we'd all be a little better served if people had some restraint. In these cases I don't take these "bad seller!" or "bad buyer!!" posts seriously - it's just the butthurt letting off some steam. You can't have a "bad deal" if one didn't actually happen.

#42 7 years ago

The buyer in discussion just tried to trade me $1000 worth of Bangles t shirts for my Flash Gordon and because of this thread I did not jump on it. Thank you OP for speaking out.

#43 7 years ago

I once took a day off of work to sell my STTNG. The guy never ended showing. I did lose money, but I didn't care. You know why? Because a business transaction isn't completed until cash has been transferred to the seller, and the buyer has accepted their item. I never feel screwed when a deal doesn't go through. Definitely not enough to post on pinside about it. Guess what? I was able to sell the pin on a later date.

#44 7 years ago

I see these threads on pinside way too often. They all have one thing in common, a poorly executed agreement. No deposit, sight unseen, long down times between deal and transaction, etc. Ive yet to have a deal fall apart and ive dealt with all kinds. Honest people and guys I know will screw me if they can. The problem they run into is they cant screw me(knock on wood). When making a deal it has to be binding to some degree. Deposits are required and non refundable(at least a portion of them), the deal happens quickly, tons of pics are exchanged and contracts have been signed. A phone conversation or email does not make a deal anymore. Handshake deals only go for family(some) and close trusted friends. Because some guy is on the same forum as you it does not make you friends or him honest.
    When a deal is made for a game it should go one of three ways.
    You head right over to buy it.
    You exchange pics, info, deposit and set a date.
    or
    You say, I cant get it for "six weeks" if you still have it then ill take it.
    You can certainly keep going through life thinking a handshake and a mans words is a safe bet but ill warn you. This will keep happening until you realize were not in Kansas anymore and it aint the 60's. This is the World Wide Web.
    This is not directed at any one person. I dont care who's right or wrong. Reading a thread does not qualify me to judge. Ive just seen lots of these call out threads lately and they all suck.

#45 7 years ago
    Quoted from PanaPinResto:

You say, I cant get it for "six weeks" if you still have it then ill take it.

I've done a couple of these to let the seller know there is interest. Sometimes I ended up buying it, others I didn't. I'm glad the seller has never made a thread about me when I backed out.

#46 7 years ago

And lord forbid you say anything about the moderator(s), though on a good note they would make a great rubber. Better than sheepskin if you know what I mean.........................

Quoted from jrpinball:

I learned my lesson. Any bad deals I encounter in the future won't be aired out here! You are slandered and lied about, then they close down the thread on you so you can't even defend yourself.
    You're on your own, people!

#47 7 years ago

I could understanding getting pissed off if you had driven the hour and then he blew you off. I certianly understand the annoyance of someone stringing you along, however, in the scheme of bad buyers, this one does not really rate that high, so be thankful it was not worse. In addition, being form Michigan, not sure how you can be surprised by having issues with someone named buckeyepin.

#48 7 years ago

A game isnt sold until you are holding the money and the game is out of your possession. Same goes with buying a game, it isnt yours until it is in your home.

#49 7 years ago
    Quoted from terryb:

Why do people keep doing this shit? His story could very well be true and you have no proof that it's not. Are you actually missing the irony that half the delay was caused by you, or maybe you just made up that story about your kids. And the only thing "fucked yo" about this story is you sending a text like that to someone.
    Thanks for letting us know about a seller (that would be you) we should avoid.

I am interested to know why you would think half the delay was caused by the OP? The buyer & seller agreed upon a date. The buyer decided that going to a football game was more important than completing a deal he made with he seller, so HE(buyer) cancelled. At that point all conveniences are out the window, ZERO fault on the seller.

The glaring issues are the OP(seller) should have taken a deposit, and when the buyer backed out for a football game, the game should have immediately gone back on the market.

I understand the frustration of the OP, but once the original date was cancelled, it's the OP's shoulder to take the blame at that point.

Simply put, it should have gone like this. Hey, that's cool you have Bengals tickets, but I am going to need a deposit to hold this game for you now. You would have found out right then and there if it was still a serious deal.

Chalk it up as a lesson learned.

#50 7 years ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

I am interested to know why you would think half the delay was caused by the OP? The buyer & seller agreed upon a date. The buyer decided that going to a football game was more important than completing a deal he made with he seller, so HE(buyer) cancelled. At that point all conveniences are out the window, ZERO fault on the seller.
    The glaring issues are the OP(seller) should have taken a deposit, and when the buyer backed out for a football game, the game should have immediately gone back on the market.
    I understand the frustration of the OP, but once the original date was cancelled, it's the OP's shoulder to take the blame at that point.
    Simply put, it should have gone like this. Hey, that's cool you have Bengals tickets, but I am going to need a deposit to hold this game for you now. You would have found out right then and there if it was still a serious deal.
    Chalk it up as a lesson learned.

I agree with your post, great one!! In my opinion a good buyer offers to pay a deposit without the seller asking for it. I always offer and it's up to the seller to accept the deposit or not.

I just bought a new game about two weeks ago and offered to pay a deposit. The seller didn't need one in my situation but I always offer to show I am serious.

There are 60 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/beware-pinsder-buckeyepin?hl=fxdwg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.