(Topic ID: 319214)

Beware Pinball Basement! The thread I didn't want to start..

By Butch2099

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 213 posts
  • 89 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 65 days ago by FatPanda
  • Topic is favorited by 33 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    tenor-3735179096.gif
    200.gif
    EA39508A-FC95-4AF3-B145-A9BD40181302.gif
    giphy.gif
    benny-bull.gif
    DB70BF25-B82A-4535-8DA8-BEE45977998E.gif
    FC1A68C6-A6BC-4136-B6B3-46244CC4FDF2.gif
    AF5F1943-5159-4D80-A7DC-C4A3CF03B2C0 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20220723-183239_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
    656A648A-0262-4296-B86C-45DD05CB7D12 (resized).jpeg
    24vzjt (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20220723-124849_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #60 . Posted by dmacy (1 year ago)

Post #119 The OP's bank issued a refund Posted by Butch2099 (1 year ago)

Post #137 Response from pinball basement Posted by lordloss (1 year ago)

Post #167 Accounts closed Posted by ForceFlow (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Tophervette.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9 1 year ago

Butch2099 - You are experiencing exactly what happened to me. He lied to me continually. He strung me along on delivery as well as replacing a non-working Power board. Months later, after confronting him at the Allentown show 2021, he promised again to replace my board. Almost a month later, I got a crappy replacement with parts literally falling off the board from poor soldering skills. I had another tech fix that board. He makes promises he cannot keep. his customer service is non-existent. He claims to have a medical condition and that is why his business suffers. On his Facebook page, he is constantly boasting about his great products. Lately, he is showing his game room full of machines that he is restoring. Buyer Beware is a correct name for this business. I am out about $600 on his crappy boards. Wish I had not waited so long, that I was outside the window for a charge back.

#63 1 year ago

He is now advertising New improved Flipper Boards on FB. I wonder how many flies he can catch with that Honey? Send your money now and wait. LOL.

#97 1 year ago
    Quoted from Pinball_Postal:

Why in the hell is he making a replacement Bally/Stern board when there are many other good boards already on the market ?

Because he is broadening his base of customers sending money and getting shipping labels.

2 weeks later
    #129 1 year ago
    Quoted from orangegsx:

Damn, I had planned on getting a complete set of boards and possibly a wire harness for a scratch build from him.

You dodged a bullet or grenade then. There are other reputable builders and suppliers here on pinside that can help you with your build.

#169 1 year ago

Is there a possibility that he has an account with the Better Business Bureau BBB in his city?

Or as he is operating in his basement, he is under the radar of normal business accounts?

Do you think he pays tax's to the soon to be improved IRS with thousands of recently hired gun toting agents?

Glad to read he is no longer welcome here to ply is poor service and shoddy workmanship.

11 months later
    #207 8 months ago

A facebook post just showed up with a guy calling Charlie out for not providing a WPC95 Power board and wire harness since March 2022. He wanted a refund. Charles asked for his address. LOL. So he could send him a shipping label. LMAO.

Charlie Blocked me from seeing his posts, after I mentioned I was still pissed about the problems I had with his power board and DMD board.

The dude is still scamming people. And patient people are still waiting for product that they paid for last year. OMG....

1 week later
    #209 8 months ago

Interesting update on poor Charlies Basement and his sales on Facebook. Several more people came forward with issues and the Admin temporarily removed Charlie from the group until he resolves his parts/payment issues with members on Pinball Remakes.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Tophervette.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/beware-pinball-basement-the-thread-i-didn-t-want-to-start?tu=Tophervette and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.