(Topic ID: 319214)

Beware Pinball Basement! The thread I didn't want to start..

By Butch2099

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 213 posts
  • 89 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 66 days ago by FatPanda
  • Topic is favorited by 33 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    tenor-3735179096.gif
    200.gif
    EA39508A-FC95-4AF3-B145-A9BD40181302.gif
    giphy.gif
    benny-bull.gif
    DB70BF25-B82A-4535-8DA8-BEE45977998E.gif
    FC1A68C6-A6BC-4136-B6B3-46244CC4FDF2.gif
    AF5F1943-5159-4D80-A7DC-C4A3CF03B2C0 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20220723-183239_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
    656A648A-0262-4296-B86C-45DD05CB7D12 (resized).jpeg
    24vzjt (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20220723-124849_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 213 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 5.
    #101 1 year ago

Can you call the Division of Consumer Affairs for wherever his business is located?

#102 1 year ago
    Quoted from Mike_J:

Can you call the Division of Consumer Affairs for wherever his business is located?

Why do I get the feeling he runs it out of his basement…

#103 1 year ago
    Quoted from EJS:

Why do I get the feeling he runs it out of his basement…

I’m sure you’re right, but they will still go after him.
    Consumer Affairs, typically, just needs a copy of your invoice/purchase order and your PayPal or credit card receipt in order to get started.

#104 1 year ago

Has anyone local tried yet?

#105 1 year ago

It’s not just PB’s refusal to ship boards that bugs me.

It’s the blatant lack of sincerity!

#106 1 year ago
    Quoted from Crash:

Has anyone local tried yet?

Seriously; Someone needs to print out a bunch of this stuff along with paypal & credit card invoicing and contact the local PD. There is usually one guy who loves to deal with this stuff. Might even have a postal case here as well since the guy is generating "shipping labels" but not shipping anything.

#107 1 year ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

Might even have a postal case here as well since the guy is generating "shipping labels" but not shipping anything.

Interesting, wonder if that constitutes mail fraud?

#108 1 year ago

Rolled the dice recently without knowing the drama... took 10 days to ship but I got my board.

Untested but the soldering looks good. He's shooting himself in the foot with these fulfillment issues.

#109 1 year ago

Seems basements and pinball companies are not a good mix

#110 1 year ago
    Quoted from mufcmufc:

Seems basements and pinball companies are not a good mix

Except for Matt’s basement. Always reliable source of ROMs

#111 1 year ago
    Quoted from RatShack:

Rolled the dice recently without knowing the drama... took 10 days to ship but I got my board.
    Untested but the soldering looks good. He's shooting himself in the foot with these fulfillment issues.

He has shot himself in the foot by screwing people over. If he was transparent, apologetic and made things right he would have a good business. By alienating the biggest pinball website there is doesn't help his future in the hobby.

#112 1 year ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It’s not just PB’s refusal to ship boards that bugs me.
    It’s the blatant lack of sincerity!

He needs to respond and explain how shipping products that customers paid for is a journey. And if you follow him through his journey, he sincerely believes you might actually receive your items.

#113 1 year ago
    Quoted from bigehrl:

He needs to respond and explain how shipping products that customers paid for is a journey. And if you follow him through his journey, he sincerely believes you might actually receive your items.

Getting a lot of PM's that many have been on that journey. Some make it to the end, some don't.

Pinside profile says he was active 8/1 so, he's here watching..

#114 1 year ago

Come to Pinside. Great place to rip people off. Very sad. I can’t believe they allow these shenanigans to continue.

#115 1 year ago
    Quoted from dmacy:

Come to Pinside. Great place to rip people off. Very sad. I can’t believe they allow these shenanigans to continue.

....but don't even THINK about mentioning the moderators or your post will be deleted in a micro second!

#116 1 year ago
    Quoted from pins4u:

....but don't even THINK about mentioning the moderators or your post will be deleted in a micro second!

How has this post been allowed for over 10 hours?

#117 1 year ago
    Quoted from PoMC:

How has this post been allowed for over 10 hours?

Too many threads going about the pinball markets and how economics plays into it?

#119 1 year ago

Got my full refund posted to my account today! To be fair, I'm not sure if he broke down & approved the claim or if my bank just paid me and they are going to go after him. I was told the deadline was this Saturday. So either the bank was 2 days early or he let it run to the deadline to screw with me.

Either way, I got my money back and don't have product that I have to worry if it was going to work.

Buyer beware still in full effect!

#120 1 year ago

Awesome to hear! Hoping he is banned from ripping off others.

#121 1 year ago

Also hoping he doesn't stop there!

#122 1 year ago
    Quoted from Butch2099:

Got my full refund posted to my account today! To be fair, I'm not sure if he broke down & approved the claim or if my bank just paid me and they are going to go after him. I was told the deadline was this Saturday. So either the bank was 2 days early or he let it run to the deadline to screw with me.
    Either way, I got my money back and don't have product that I have to worry if it was going to work.
    Buyer beware still in full effect!

Looks like he did not! The bank paid me my money under FRAUD PROTECTION BECAUSE HE IS A FRAUD. Have fun fighting the bank Charlie! I'm sure they're going to go after you now.

#123 1 year ago
    Quoted from Butch2099:

Looks like he did not! The bank paid me my money under FRAUD PROTECTION BECAUSE HE IS A FRAUD. Have fun fighting the bank Charlie! I'm sure they're going to go after you now.

I'd like to see a perp walk.

#124 1 year ago

Damn, I had planned on getting a complete set of boards and possibly a wire harness for a scratch build from him.

#125 1 year ago

The first domino has fallen. Police report next?

#126 1 year ago
    Quoted from Crash:

The first domino has fallen. Police report next?

I'm sure the bank will look to recoup their losses and go after him for that plus fees.

#127 1 year ago
    Quoted from Butch2099:

I'm sure the bank will look to recoup their losses and go after him for that plus fees.

they write off millions in fraud every week. Best you can hope for is it hinders his ability to take payments or have a merchant account.

#128 1 year ago
    Quoted from flynnibus:

they write off millions in fraud every week. Best you can hope for is it hinders his ability to take payments or have a merchant account.

Collections agent also a possibility

#129 1 year ago
    Quoted from orangegsx:

Damn, I had planned on getting a complete set of boards and possibly a wire harness for a scratch build from him.

You dodged a bullet or grenade then. There are other reputable builders and suppliers here on pinside that can help you with your build.

#130 1 year ago
    Quoted from Butch2099:

Could your bank also reach out to his bank to freeze his account or seize assets if they felt necessary?

#131 1 year ago
    Quoted from Crash:

Could your bank also reach out to his bank to freeze his account or seize assets if they felt necessary?

I'm not sure how it works, but I'm sure they won't just walk away.

#132 1 year ago

I'm guessing he will just have a negative balance in his payment processing account until he receives more payments. The bank will get their money one way or another.

#133 1 year ago

Any updates Butch? I'm guessing that's all the info the bank needs.

#134 1 year ago

At the risk of stating the obvious, Charlie's silence on this thread is deafening. He's on Pinside daily and has obviously read this.

If someone started a thread like this about me and it was a misunderstanding, I would be on here explaining my side of the story and apologizing to the OP.

Unless I was guilty, of course.

#135 1 year ago
    Quoted from PismoArcade:

At the risk of stating the obvious, Charlie's silence on this thread is deafening. He's on Pinside daily and has obviously read this.
    If someone started a thread like this about me and it was a misunderstanding, I would be on here explaining my side of the story and apologizing to the OP.

The guy can't make or test boards consistently - that's all anyone needs to know and is why you should never buy from him. The taking money for orders he can't readily ship is just icing on the cake - you don't want his product period as it's inferior and he knows it and has no plans to change it.

Peddling shit and he doesn't care because he can't fix/change it.

#136 1 year ago
    Quoted from Jmckune:

Except for Matt’s basement. Always reliable source of ROMs

He told me recently he stopped taking orders and is not making roms anymore.

#137 1 year ago
    Quoted from Butch2099:

You sure are mad for being told no for the first time in your life, butch.

#138 1 year ago
    Quoted from PismoArcade:

I haven't been reading this thread. I told butch, no and what his options were. He didn't like the options presented, so he threatened me with clout and a pinside thread. He also contacted robin, which was funny.

#139 1 year ago
    Quoted from lordloss:

I haven't been reading this thread

1. Charlie reads thread.
    2. Charlie replies to post saying he isn't reading the thread.
    3. ???
    4. Profit!...?

Also, that doesn't look good for an ongoing bank fraud investigation. You have a right to remain silent.

#140 1 year ago

Oh boy…this won’t end well.

#141 1 year ago

What an absolute scumbag...I screenshotted his post for posterity.

#142 1 year ago
    Quoted from lordloss:

Oooooooh boy. Not enough popcorn for Pinside right now...

benny-bull.gifbenny-bull.gif

#143 1 year ago
    Quoted from lordloss:

You probably should have gone any other direction with your first public response on this matter. I don't think this will end well for you.

I'm also a bit confused, does this person have multiple accounts, Pinball_Basement and @lordloss, or just another employee of the company?

#144 1 year ago
    Quoted from lordloss:

Quoted from lordloss:

I haven't been reading this thread. I told butch, no and what his options were. He didn't like the options presented, so he threatened me with clout and a pinside thread. He also contacted robin, which was funny.

giphy.gifgiphy.gif
    #145 1 year ago
    Quoted from lordloss:

So.... What was your reason for not shipping the boards?

#146 1 year ago
    EA39508A-FC95-4AF3-B145-A9BD40181302.gifEA39508A-FC95-4AF3-B145-A9BD40181302.gif
    #147 1 year ago

Lordloss I believe was supposed to be his personal non-business account. But he since decided to entangle that account with his business matters anyway.

#148 1 year ago

Did I accidentally click on the KLOV deal gone bad redux thread?

If not, serious deja vu.

#149 1 year ago

It harkens me back to Kevin Kulek and the Skit-B story.

#150 1 year ago
    Quoted from lordloss:

...after you could not deliver a reliable product you sold.

Kinda important point there

There are 213 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/beware-pinball-basement-the-thread-i-didn-t-want-to-start/page/3?hl=pins4u and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.