DSCN0202_(resized).JPG
DSCN0200_(resized).JPG
DSCN0197_(resized).JPG
20160131_185247_(resized).jpg
IMG_6227_(resized).JPG
IMG_6228_(resized).JPG
IMG_6225_(resized).JPG
IMG_6223_(resized).JPG

There are 106 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 8 years ago

Tried to model this sign based on the show. I still have a few tweaks to the model I need to do but thought I would post it.

It is modeled to slide onto the bottom plastic below the Thing lights with no modifications.

What do you think?

Keith

20160123_162341_sm_(resized).jpg20160123_162341_sm_(resized).jpg

#2 8 years ago

One thing I have already noticed is I will need to finally buy a DMD glare guard. The position of this mod is right in that zone. Will probably be looking for 2 or 3 people to send one out to for test fitting. If you are interested let me know.

Keith

#3 8 years ago

PM sent.

LTG : )

#4 8 years ago

Pm sent.

#6 8 years ago

Looks like I have my test group I will shoot you guys a pm when I have them ready to ship. A couple days.

Thanks,
Keith

#7 8 years ago

Would you use the phrase "Beware of the Fred" in referring to the guy named "Fred"?

"Thing" is the name of the disembodied hand; you never hear Morticia or Gomez refer to Thing as "the Thing".

#8 8 years ago
Quoted from jadziedzic:

"Thing" is the name of the disembodied hand; you never hear Morticia or Gomez refer to Thing as "the Thing".

Very true, looks like the OP has a change to make to be accurate.

#9 8 years ago
Quoted from jadziedzic:

Would you use the phrase "Beware of the Fred" in referring to the guy named "Fred"?

I see your point, but like the OP said this sign is based on the show. So you may want to complain to David Levy.

the_thing_(resized).jpgthe_thing_(resized).jpg

#10 8 years ago

in the game you hear Gomez say "well played Thing! you're really on the ball" when the little flipper auto hits the ball into the swamp...

#11 8 years ago
Quoted from jadziedzic:

I understand your comment but I am trying to match the sign in the show. I assume it is a play on "Beware of the dog"
Keith

1 week later
#12 8 years ago

Small update: Adjusted the bottom portion of the sign so it hooks behind the light sockets so it does not slide forward and extended the top to cover up the rivets of the 555 light sockets. Sending out my samples for test fitting. Keep in mind I am still working on the model for the lettering to get it to print nicer. (Now shows updated model with printed lettering)

Keith

DSCN0197_(resized).JPGDSCN0197_(resized).JPG
DSCN0200_(resized).JPGDSCN0200_(resized).JPG
DSCN0202_(resized).JPGDSCN0202_(resized).JPG
DSCN0190_(resized).JPGDSCN0190_(resized).JPG

#13 8 years ago

I will def be interested in one of these, sorry I missed the test group, I have a glare guard too.

#14 8 years ago

Interested in one of these as well. Have glare guard and the GREED book mod coming next week.

#15 8 years ago

I'd be interested in one as well.

#16 8 years ago

Interested too!

#17 8 years ago

Thanks guys. I should know if I am good to go once I have feedback. Should be about a week. Mod will probably run around $10 - $15, but not set yet.

Keith

#18 8 years ago

Thanks a lot The Keith!

bewareofdog_(resized).jpgbewareofdog_(resized).jpg

Ok, just stop it right! Ok I will teehee...

#20 8 years ago

With glass and Glare Guard. Just glass. No glass.

Simple to install. Really looks great.

LTG : )™

glareguard_(resized).JPGglareguard_(resized).JPG
wglass_(resized).JPGwglass_(resized).JPG
noglass_(resized).JPGnoglass_(resized).JPG

#21 8 years ago

Thanks Lloyd for the help! Much appreciated.

Having my first go at a black and white dual extruded sign today. I will post the results in about an hour and half...

Keith

#22 8 years ago

I am pleasantly surprised on how this came out.

Lettering looks so much better when extruded as white. Still playing around with the print settings to get the best possible print quality I can out of this printer. Just got the printer this week, so I am still learning & tweaking.

Keith

20160123_161003_(resized).jpg20160123_161003_(resized).jpg

20160123_162341_sm_(resized).jpg20160123_162341_sm_(resized).jpg

#23 8 years ago

Interested, Please let me know when available, would love one.

#25 8 years ago

Installed the mod the day I received it, install time was 1 min. Played all weekend with no issues. Great looking mod and well made. Sorry it took so long too post but I wanted to get some time on it.

#26 8 years ago
Quoted from Sijcolo:

Installed the mod the day I received it, install time was 1 min. Played all weekend with no issues. Great looking mod and well made. Sorry it took so long too post but I wanted to get some time on it.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

Did you install it correctly? Looking at kpull's post #22, it looks like the mod covers the lamp sockets (desired), but on your pics the lamp sockets are still visible.

#27 8 years ago

Yeah I took a couple sets and posted the wrong set. Here are the correct pictures.
Sorry for the confusion.

#28 8 years ago

Much better. Anticipating availability...

#29 8 years ago

Hello,please count me in,i just got a fully restored TAFG,and this will look great !!

#30 8 years ago

Count me in please!

#31 8 years ago
Quoted from Sijcolo:

Thanks for the pics!!!

Quoted from hawkmoon:

Hello,please count me in,i just got a fully restored TAFG,and this will look great !!

I am also planning on having a Gold version with black lettering. I am waiting on material.

Also making mods to my printer this week to get nicer prints. (Adding direct cooling to the nozzle tips)

Hopefully by this weekend I will be able to start making these. The plan is $15 shipped in the USA. For International shipping I will have to check on a case by case basis. I will start PM'ing those who have shown interest in order. The plan is to send a few out for the initial run to make sure they survive the postal service. I did not have any issues for the test run (that I was made aware of), but these will be dual extruded unlike the ones sent.

Thanks again and please be patient! I should have an update in a couple days.

Keith

#32 8 years ago

count me is

Your mod looks great!

#33 8 years ago

I would be in for a Gold version with black lettering.

#34 8 years ago

Very impressive job on these.

Fit seems excellent. thanks to kpull for letting me test these during the Great Blizzard of 2016

IMG_6220_(resized).JPGIMG_6220_(resized).JPG

IMG_6223_(resized).JPGIMG_6223_(resized).JPG

IMG_6225_(resized).JPGIMG_6225_(resized).JPG

IMG_6228_(resized).JPGIMG_6228_(resized).JPG

IMG_6227_(resized).JPGIMG_6227_(resized).JPG

#35 8 years ago

Can't wait to place my order for this.

Great looking mod!

#36 8 years ago

Nice!

#37 8 years ago

Like!!!....count me in too for a black one.....

#38 8 years ago

Looking at it.....I wonder if the bottom of the gate could actually be made to slide over the front of the bulbs, completely hiding the sockets?.....like the greed book mod recently offered....staring at my machine, it looks like it could slide over the bulbs and potentially cover the sockets and wire behind them....just "thinking on the forum".....

#39 8 years ago

Those grey sockets definitely don't help. I will say the wires are hard to see from a players view when installed.

#40 8 years ago
Quoted from kpull:

Those grey sockets definitely don't help. I will say the wires are hard to see from a players view when installed.

Ha...agreed..mine are black.....all good...the gate and mod look great....I'm in, regardless...nice mod for a much needed area!!,

#41 8 years ago

Mine came today. Will head up to the arcade and get it installed tomorrow to we can have a huge sampling of opinions. I personally think it looks awesome!

#42 8 years ago

count me in too for a black version.

#43 8 years ago

Got some printing done over the weekend. I will attempt to get out some PM's in the order I received interest... I have 8 standard and 2 Gold ready. For the USA - $15 shipped

I have more to make. They take about 1 hour each which eats into my boys storm trooper making time. That's all they care about. Every time the printer fires up they come over and look then sigh..."More Thing signs, Uhggg"

Thanks again,
Keith

20160131_185247_(resized).jpg20160131_185247_(resized).jpg

#44 8 years ago

I totally must have one. Can I get on the list please for a black one? I also got the greed mod coming any day. These will make out taf's so awesome!!

#45 8 years ago

PM sent for the red,paypal on the way,thank you

#46 8 years ago

PM sent last week for 5 black and waiting to hear back about shipping costs to Canada.

#47 8 years ago

How much shipped to the land of Oz (Australia)?

#48 8 years ago
Quoted from KBRI1700:

How much shipped to the land of Oz (Australia)?

PM sent

#49 8 years ago

Quick update, for my international guys that I have given a shipping quote to I will need to reevaluate later tonight when I get home. Looks like my shipping costs were off...

FYI - There may be a couple guys in the day one shipping in the states that did not have enough postage (It was done at a Kiosk) If there is an issue, just PM me and I will make it right.

Sorry for the screw up

Keith

#50 8 years ago

PM sent. Thanks.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep
Under cabinet
$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
Various novelties
$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Flipper parts
11,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hanford, CA
Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball
Led
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound
Electronics
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Flipper parts
$ 67.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts
Led
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball
Other
16,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dawsonville, GA
$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
Various novelties
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
Decals
Boards
Slap Save Creations
Boards
$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts
Led
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens
Toys/Add-ons
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
20,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oakdale, CA
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 119.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Loop Combo Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 320.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms
Other
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 106 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/beware-of-the-thing-sign-mod and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.