• Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

better-call-saul_146665-fli_1382009624.jpg
Screen Shot 2015-02-26 at 9.00.26 AM.png
bullshit.png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tomgwi.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 9 years ago

If the game can't be tested prior, sounds kind of fishy to me.

#46 9 years ago
Quoted from wayout440:

It wasn't prior, he already bought it.

I have bought games on eBay and picked up in person and not once has a seller at least let me try the game to confirm it was in working condition. He won the auction. If the seller isn't hiding anything and commented it was 100% working I'd certainly at least like to make sure by playing a 2-5 minute game. I certainly don't think that is asking a lot of the seller.

#130 9 years ago
Quoted from johnwartjr:

ebay.com link » 1996 Sega Twister Pinball Machine
Here's the auction in question, if anyone hasn't found it yet. It even says you can come see and play before bidding.
The seller's feedback for coin op stuff overall is pretty solid. Granted, we can all agree the feedback system is a bit of a joke anymore.
There's a difference between cautious and high maintenance.
I think there are details, potentially significant, missing from this story.
I think everyone's opinion of this story is colored by their past deals. That's human nature. Some people have been burned by sneaky sellers, some people have been burned by demanding customers.
Just as a buyer has the right to walk if a game isn't as described, the seller has the right to walk as well if a customer tries to change the terms of a deal after the deal has been agreed upon.
When you get burned, you learn your lesson, and make every effort so you don't get burned again.
We can all infer this story is like what happened to 'us', that time we dealt with the bad seller, or the bad buyer, but it's only an assumption. The facts aren't all here. And even if they are, either side could likely still be argued.
All we have is the situation as explained by a ticked off buyer to be that ended up not being a buyer.
Why is he so invested in this Twister where the seller seemingly doesn't want to sell it to him? Couldn't he just post a WTB ad for a Twister, and find a dang nice one for the same $$? Seems to me, he has an axe to grind.
Could this thread just be an attempt at getting revenge because a seller wouldn't bend over backwards and satisfy a buyer who had unreasonable demands? We don't know.
I found an e-mail address for Tony Pinto, and invited him to Pinside to tell his side of the story.

Here is my question:

Since the game did not sell does it move back to the Heated storage so it can be tested when it is relisted?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Newcastle, OK
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tomgwi.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/beware-of-seller-indiana-sega-twister-pinball-machine?tu=tomgwi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.