• Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

better-call-saul_146665-fli_1382009624.jpg
Screen Shot 2015-02-26 at 9.00.26 AM.png
bullshit.png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fosaisu.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#13 9 years ago
Quoted from wayout440:

Well, I see both sides here as well - and you seem to be a bit aggressive about this whole testing business...so I'd tell you to take a hike myself. You not only have opportunities to test things prior to bidding, but you also have guarantees to your advantage as an Ebay buyer. If you are going to be a hassle to deal with, I'd move on to the next bidder just like he did. Yes, you are paranoid, and yes, you are unreasonable. You don't have to treat everyone like they are crooks.

Would you really buy a game from someone that wouldn't allow you to test it beforehand? Seems pretty odd to me.

#30 9 years ago
Quoted from herbertbsharp:

ebay.com link » 1996 Sega Twister Pinball Machine
OK, at this point I would tip in favor to the OP as the last line in the guy's description says:
"You are welcome to come see and play before bidding."
If you can do it before you can do it after.

You can play, you just can't plug it in. Seems fair enough!

#134 9 years ago
Quoted from scottrogers:

If you need to hire a tech to inspect your purchases should you even be in this hobby? To participate in this hobby you need to have enough technical knowledge to do a pre-purchase inspection yourself (and know when to walk away). Otherwise just purchase a new Stern or buy from a local dealer who will warranty and come out to fix as needed.

Isn't there room in the hobby for people that aren't already experts at inspecting and repairing pinball machines? New players, for instance? Or people that don't have the time/inclination to learn the technical side, just want to play pinball, and are willing to pay someone else (a technician) to work under the hood when necessary? And how are people supposed to gain the knowledge you believe is necessary as an entry point for this hobby -- get an internship with a route operator? Makes more sense to me to buy a decent working machine (with guidance from a knowledgeable friend or a hired expert, i.e. a technician) and let the learning begin from there.

The issue with this buyer wasn't him wanting to bring a tech, it was with the posturing and threatening tone he took. If I were the seller I'd have been alarmed by that as well.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fosaisu.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/beware-of-seller-indiana-sega-twister-pinball-machine?tu=fosaisu and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.