• Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

better-call-saul_146665-fli_1382009624.jpg
Screen Shot 2015-02-26 at 9.00.26 AM.png
bullshit.png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Hawkeyepin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#97 9 years ago
Quoted from mikelaka:

So, there was recently a Sega Twister Pinball machine on ebay. I won the auction for $2,026.
I asked for location and I let Tony Pinto from Classiccoin-Op know that I'll bring a tech and go through the machine to be sure that everything works. Tony informed me that he had to move the machine to cold storage and that there isn't any power to test the machine. He guaranteed me that the game works 100%. I told him I would bring a heated box truck, let the machine sit for an hour inside the heated box truck, go have breakfast, and come back to test the game after the game adequately heated up. Tony insisted that he wouldn't allow the game to be tested at all and claimed that the machine should have been tested prior to bidding.
I see both sides here. I've sold Pin's on ebay. But telling someone that a machine works 100% and then telling them that they are not allowed to plug it in or test it, just doesn't make sense. He told me that if I sent payment through PayPal that he would immediately return the payment because he wouldn't guarantee the game. He also informed me that he had no where else to take the machine where it would be heated so the machine could be tested. I told him that I could wait a week or two and pick up the machine when it would be warmer. I even offered to pay for the machine and to wait until it was warmer to test. He openly refused any and all and told me that he would just cancel the auction and relist it.
Tony said the best I could do would be to visually inspect the game. Tony claims that my intent to test the game should have been done prior to bidding and that he has never had this ever come up before and that I am being unreasonable. He then cancelled the ebay auction.
My reason for posting this is so that no one else runs into the same situation. I can only assume that Tony Pinto from Classiccoin-op was hoping someone would purchase the machine and have it shipped. And when it arrived not working, Tony could state that the machine worked prior to being shipped.
Tony Pinto is also known as Droopydogy.

You should have asked to test the game BEFORE you bid. You had that opportunity and you actually added that contingency AFTER the seller took it off the market thinking he was just going to ship what he believed to be a 100 percent working game.

If you are going to add your inspection contingency, then you have to allow the seller to sell the game to a local person on your way to pick it up. Essentially, you are saying the game is not SOLD because you are inspecting it and YOU added that to the deal.

This is why I would never sell on EBAY. Every pin I sold I insisted on inspection first before settling on price.

#103 9 years ago
Quoted from dantebean:

Pretty shocked at collectors responding to this. Not allowing testing before money exchanges hands I always thought equaled BAD. Using words like "hassle" and "high maintenance" towards a cautious buyer seems a bit much. I guess we can now take sellers words as the truth and start wiring money now without questions or testing. Wouldnt want to inconvenience a seller of a $2000+ toy with video, pictures, and testing.

Dante, in an off ebay sale, the buyer certainly has that right before money changes hands. That's the best way to do it.

If you and I bought pins from each other, that's the way we would do it.

An EBAY sale doesn't have that contingency. Essentially the buyer is saying they accept the description. There's no option to bid "pending final inspection". The buyer here ADDED that to the deal AFTER he got the winning bid and the auction ended.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Newcastle, OK
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Hawkeyepin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/beware-of-seller-indiana-sega-twister-pinball-machine?tu=Hawkeyepin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.