Topic Stats

• 708 posts
  • 185 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 44 minutes ago by ForceFlow
  • Topic is favorited by 74 Pinsiders
  • Topic is a super sticky!

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Image2 (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_7449 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0108 (resized).png
    Screenshot_20231220_183515_Chrome (resized).jpg
    IMG_5617 (resized).png
    fake-image-analysis1 (resized).jpg
    scam (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2 Ways to spot a scam site Posted by ForceFlow (2 years ago)

Post #3 How to fight against scammers Posted by ForceFlow (2 years ago)

Post #4 What to do if you have been scammed Posted by ForceFlow (2 years ago)

Post #324 Example of a facebook pinball scam Posted by Darkfader (1 year ago)

Post #432 An example of someone who was scammed Posted by ForceFlow (1 year ago)

Post #498 Fraudulent ebay listings instruct you to buy outside of ebay Posted by ForceFlow (1 year ago)

Post #517 Liquidation Pallets scam Posted by ForceFlow (11 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider johnnypinball007.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#61 2 years ago
    Quoted from alexmogil:

At this point it feels easier to just list VALID sites.

I agree with this!

A list with 100% safe sites would be very awesome!

And THANK YOU! ForceFlow, for all of the work and time you spend here!

11 months later
    #326 1 year ago
    Quoted from Darkfader:

Watch in real-time as an online scam pinball company tries to scam me, out of thousands of dollars when I try to buy a pinball machine on their fake Facebook business page! I do the scam so you don't have to!!

That was AWESOME! GREAT WORK!

Somehow this needs to be posted all over Pinside, I would for sure keep this up top in the community page forever if I had a say.

Also, it would be great if it could be added to any new for sale ad here by any new member.

Out of all the key posts I have ever seen on this site, this one is by far the BEST!

6 months later
    #461 1 year ago
    Quoted from Atari_Daze:

At this point, it almost seems we just need a page of NON scam sellers, pretty sure it's a shorter list.

I totally agree with you. But instead of just a page, have a separate thread, and have both threads linked together somehow.

And to make it super easy, have the legitimate sites highlighted in green, and the scammers in red.

That way maybe more people would realize how just by one letter in a link, and scams like that, that if you pay attention, you can easily spot the scam sites, vs the legit sites.

Most of us here are pretty smart, and can easily spot the scam sites, but it would be nice if more people could see all of this in the first place, before some scammer ever gets them in the first place, and they give up too soon on having one of these very fun games.

1 week later
    #483 1 year ago

Not naming any names, but 2 legit places I have bought games from do not have a showroom, and when I asked why, they said because they have to sell for less if opened and played.

I would prefer a showroom and get to try before I buy though.

I do get their point though.

#494 1 year ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

I don't think most distributors will feel like they have to shift over to setting up a showroom to cater to home users.

Sorry to get off topic, but at least now games do pretty much hold their value.

A few years ago, I would sometimes drive 3-4 hours to try a game in a arcade somewhere before I decided to order one, all because my local guy doesn't have a showroom.

Now I just look at the top 100 on here and read the comments there, before ordering a game I have never played before, because if I don't like it, easy enough to sell it here, and I have really liked all the members here that I have met, while selling a game I was tired of.

All games are fun for a while, and some become keepers.

To get back on topic, always remember that if something seems too good to be true, trust your gut and do more research.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider johnnypinball007.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/beware-of-scam-game-seller-websites?tu=johnnypinball007 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.