Topic Stats

• 700 posts
  • 184 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 hours ago by sparky672
  • Topic is favorited by 72 Pinsiders
  • Topic is a super sticky!

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Image2 (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_7449 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0108 (resized).png
    Screenshot_20231220_183515_Chrome (resized).jpg
    IMG_5617 (resized).png
    fake-image-analysis1 (resized).jpg
    scam (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 700 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 14.
    #401 1 year ago
    Quoted from Eddie:

Anyone ever use (Coin-op parts etc ) ? If so any issues?

That's a storefront for automated services. They're legit.

#402 1 year ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

That's a storefront for automated services. They're legit.

Thanks for the info!

#403 1 year ago
    Quoted from mbeardsley:

Having this list is great...for us pinsiders.
    But I wonder how many other people are still getting ripped off by these people.

Many, as it seems to be profitable to setup new domains, websites, e-mail and social accounts and phone-numbers, pay for advertising and have trained english speaking people quickly respond to chats, mails and pick up the phone. They also improved in their scam as they spend time on it and acquired pinball knowledge to answer questions better and have prices and descriptions more in line with the market.

Quoted from mbeardsley:

And is there some way to prevent it?

Chicago Gaming, Stern and other trademark owners actually have the power to send cease and desists and demand that Google and other search engines and sales sites to remove these listings, and even get the website disabled if they reach out to the hosters.

It is surprising that manufacturers don't seem to spend time on this because the scammers extract money out of the pinball market and potential customers will after being scammed not try to buy a machine again. This reflects negative on the whole industry.

As soon as scammers get enough resistance it becomes less lucrative and they move to another market to scam (before they did high end guitars and moved on from that to ATV vehicles/Quads and Pinball)

#404 1 year ago

This one looks pretty sketchy. I think I’ve seen it before. Never interacted with them though. Just found it a few sites down on google while searching for “Tron Pinball”

www.saferwholesale.com/Tron-Legacy-Pinball-Machine-p/tpc%20-%20tron%20legacy%20pinball.htm

#405 1 year ago

Is this website legit? I didn't see it on the scam list. docpinball.com/brands/jersey-jack-pinball/

#406 1 year ago

Thought I would post this. Somebody selling a legit machine shouldn't be taking almost four months to respond. The query was for a Captain Fantastic.

Maintenance my ass. Not sure what is more pathetic, that they actually responded, or didn't bother to correct spelling in the response.

Saturday, September 24, 2022 at 10:25 PM
    I was looking at the CF you have on sale, for $2300. How is shipping handled with the machines you sell, and any ball park estimates of what it would cost to ship this machine?

Thanks in advance. My regards,

John

The response, delivered this morning, January 19, 2023

Greetings from Calissfiedpinball.com

We just want to say we are sorry for not getting back to you as quickly as possible, Our website was on maintenance but right now we are back Foreal.

So kindly get back to us so we can proceed with your order

Thanks from the team of Classifiedpinball.com

#407 1 year ago
    Quoted from tampa12:

Is this website legit? I didn't see it on the scam list. docpinball.com/brands/jersey-jack-pinball/

Yes, it's on JJP's distributors page.

#408 1 year ago
    Quoted from jlbintn:

Thought I would post this. Somebody selling a legit machine shouldn't be taking almost four months to respond. The query was for a Captain Fantastic.
    Maintenance my ass. Not sure what is more pathetic, that they actually responded, or didn't bother to correct spelling in the response.
    Saturday, September 24, 2022 at 10:25 PM
    I was looking at the CF you have on sale, for $2300. How is shipping handled with the machines you sell, and any ball park estimates of what it would cost to ship this machine?
    Thanks in advance. My regards,
    John
    The response, delivered this morning, January 19, 2023
    Greetings from Calissfiedpinball.com
    We just want to say we are sorry for not getting back to you as quickly as possible, Our website was on maintenance but right now we are back Foreal.
    So kindly get back to us so we can proceed with your order
    Thanks from the team of Classifiedpinball.com

Are they spelling Classified wrong, two different ways? What is the actual website? Definitely should be on the list.

#409 1 year ago

Classified Pinball. They are on the list.

#410 1 year ago

Scam page copying Eau Claire Arcades Facebook page

facebook.com/profile.php?id=100076246921424

And this new Facebook account recently appeared (David Johnson) that pushes scam links with positive testimonials

facebook.com/profile.php?id=100064067510863&mibextid=LQQJ4d

#411 1 year ago
    Quoted from The_Pump_House:

Scam page copying Eau Claire Arcades Facebook page
    facebook.com/profile.php?id=100076246921424
    And this new Facebook account recently appeared (David Johnson) that pushes scam links with positive testimonials
    facebook.com/profile.php?id=100064067510863&mibextid=LQQJ4d

Thanks, added to the list.

#412 1 year ago

Another scam facebook page. I believe all the ones I've previously listed are the same scammer.

facebook.com/profile.php?id=100063658161788&sk=about_profile_transparency

#413 1 year ago

This vending nation scam profile/website has been on the list for a while, but it seems scammers on facebook are going around and peppering their scam sites on various pinball/arcade groups and recommending them as legitimate places to buy.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/pinballenthusiasts/posts/6181950961837779/

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

Arrey Wilson scammer profile: facebook.com/profile.php?id=100082855356770

And stealing photos from legitimate sellers:
    pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

Be sure to check the "page transparency" section on pages...this particular one is showing the operator/scammer is based in Cameroon, while the address information claims it's in the US.
    pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#414 1 year ago

I updated the guide with a couple of new bits of info:

Quoted from ForceFlow:

If the seller provides address information that indicates that they are located on any floor other than the ground floor, that may be suspicious. Most legitimate pinball businesses are located on the ground floor due to the challenging logistics of moving & shipping pinball/arcade games from any upper floors.

Quoted from ForceFlow:

If your bank warns you about making a venmo/zelle payment LISTEN TO THEM. There have been several instances of people reporting that they were scammed, and that they ignored their bank's warning about it.

With wire transfers, the name on the account should match either the seller/owner's name or the business name, but if it doesn't, it might be an account controlled by a scammer.

#415 1 year ago

Added to the list:

facebook.com/profile.php?id=100089003689496 (Mr pinball machines)
    jmpinballmachines.com
    instagram.com/pinballstore.22
    instagram.com/jmpinballmachines_0
    instagram.com/pinball_machines00
    instagram.com/pinball_class2
    instagram.com/jacabcouzo
    instagram.com/pinballarcade_
    instagram.com/pinballmachines1
    pinballmachinery.com
    instagram.com/pinball_game09
    instagram.com/pinballworld
    instagram.com/mundopinball
    facebook.com/groups/1048267171921775/user/100082061724426

#416 1 year ago

Another instagram faker to add to the list. (The_arcadegamemachines)

just scrolled through this one and saw this was for sale….A Predator for $5k Lol… I almost wish this wasn’t a fake…. Nonetheless.. they have 13k followers
    4D0B688E-6FA3-4AE5-AB8A-39726E119108 (resized).png4D0B688E-6FA3-4AE5-AB8A-39726E119108 (resized).pngE237DD26-A7C8-4B7D-B32A-7257417EDDFA (resized).pngE237DD26-A7C8-4B7D-B32A-7257417EDDFA (resized).png
    1C6BFECE-725F-42DD-AC59-139F30312066 (resized).png1C6BFECE-725F-42DD-AC59-139F30312066 (resized).png

#417 1 year ago

With only 32 likes on a post I can assure you their followers are fake as well haha

Quoted from Luke_Nukem:

Another instagram faker to add to the list. (The_arcademachines)
    just scrolled through this one and saw this was for sale….A Predator for $5k Lol… I almost wish this wasn’t a fake…. Nonetheless.. they have 13k followers
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

#418 1 year ago
    Quoted from Luke_Nukem:

Another instagram faker to add to the list. (The_arcadegamemachines)
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks, added the profile and the website thearcadegamemachines.com to the list.

#419 1 year ago

ForceFlow I just wanted to also drop in and say thanks for everything you’re doing man!

#420 1 year ago
    Quoted from Maverick222:

With only 32 likes on a post I can assure you their followers are fake as well haha

Some maybe, not all. To many people blindly accept follow requests.

#421 1 year ago

I agree. definitely not all, but the majority of his followers are fake. I work in social media so that’s an easy spot. They bought the followers to try and make their page appear as a legitimate seller. Anyways, it doesn’t matter how many are fake or not…even if one person is being conned that’s bad enough in my book! Glad to see these accounts getting exposed!

Quoted from Wmsfan-GAP:Some maybe, not all. To many people blindly accept follow requests.

#422 1 year ago

Anyone interested in taking a more proactive approach to dealing with these scammers? Send me a PM, let's pool our investigative time and resources to get some of these scumbags shut down.

#423 1 year ago

Added t.me/pinballmachineshop to the list.

#425 1 year ago

Facebook.com/Pinballmachineforsales

Added it to the list, thanks

#426 1 year ago

Scammer posing as us in Instagram. They are literally using just about every post we make including those that are watermarked.

Instagram/pinballfunmania

Notice how they’re using the word Fun in their name to piggyback on ours.

I’m getting countless messages from people asking if we are associated with them. WE ARE NOT.

#427 1 year ago
    Quoted from hassellcastle:

Scammer posing as us in Instagram. They are literally using just about every post we make including those that are watermarked.
    I’m getting countless messages from people asking if we are associated with them. WE ARE NOT.

Looks like it's already in the list. It appears to have been identified almost a month ago. Ugh. It sucks that the page has been operating for that long.

I can't imagine how annoying and frustrating it is to constantly have to deal with this.

#428 1 year ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Looks like it's already in the list. It appears to have been identified almost a month ago. Ugh. It sucks that the page has been operating for that long.
    I can't imagine how annoying and frustrating it is to constantly have to deal with this.

And Facebook will do absolutely nothing about it. I report scam sites as scam sites all of the time and not once has Facebook responded with anything but “thanks for your concern but this page does not violate our community standards”

#429 1 year ago
    Quoted from hassellcastle:

Omg you’re the staircase and checkered vct floor!

No scam post is complete without your staircase!

It’s so bad I just scroll past that staircase when I see it on Facebook

Your best bet to combat these assholes is to file copyright claims against them. That will actually cause meta to shut their accounts down

Facebook copystrike
    https://m.facebook.com/help/contact/1758255661104383

#430 1 year ago

Your best bet to combat these assholes is to file copyright claims against them. That will actually cause meta to shut their accounts down
    Facebook copystrike

Or better yet, get your lawyer to send a C&D letter to Meta. That will get their asses moving.

#431 1 year ago

Omg you’re the staircase and checkered vct floor!
    No scam post is complete without your staircase!
    It’s so bad I just scroll past that staircase when I see it on Facebook
    Facebook copystrike

That staircase and floor is so famous right now. Unfortunately every time I see it it screams scam for me. So crazy. @hassellcastle, what's your actual insta account, just so I know who to like and who to spam

#432 1 year ago

Someone just fell for the standard scam of sending money to ship a game, unfortunately:

https://www.aussiearcade.com/topic/100824-gumtree-pinball-scam-warning/

1) A good story of how the game came into the "seller's" possession.
    2) A case of FOMO.
    3) Stolen images, stolen gameplay video, and screenshots from stolen videos.
    4) Buyer asked to see it in person, "seller" said yes, and the line of questioning seemed to stop there.
    5) After the money was sent, then came excuses why the game didnt ship, then eventually silence.

Scammers are getting smarter. They know how to answer trick pinball questions now. Beware!

No matter how much you might want to believe that something is true, don't forget that scammers are liars; they will say anything to get you to send them money.

#433 1 year ago
    Quoted from Shogun00:

Or better yet, get your lawyer to send a C&D letter to Meta. That will get their asses moving.

Or best of all, avoid the cesspool that is Facebook like the plague!

#434 1 year ago
    Quoted from StrangeSubset1:

That staircase and floor is so famous right now. Unfortunately every time I see it it screams scam for me. So crazy. hassellcastle, what's your actual insta account, just so I know who to like and who to spam

Our legit IG account is:
    fun_pinball_superstore

IG: pinballfunmania is a SCAM copying us!!!!

#435 1 year ago

Here's a new one. Dishshopzon.com The Wish version of a scam site. They didn't even bother to remove logos.

#436 1 year ago

Probably should add this guy.
    He's in liquidation since the 16th of Jan and he's under investigation per the below link.

https://www.reddit.com/r/virtualpinball/comments/10grqi3/fraud_warning_retroplay_australia_is_in/

#437 1 year ago

Another insta profile that been around for a bit : Pinball.fun

#438 1 year ago
    Quoted from mikepmcs:

Probably should add this guy.
    He's in liquidation since the 16th of Jan and he's under investigation per the below link.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/virtualpinball/comments/10grqi3/fraud_warning_retroplay_australia_is_in/

Yeah, Retroplay is well known in the virtual pinball circles because of his habit of selling table file packs and fully preloaded cabinets, and a history of harassment against members of the community, including site administrators who made efforts to try to keep him from downloading more content for his warez.

#439 1 year ago
    Quoted from Our_Man_in_Oz:

Another insta profile that been around for a bit : Pinball.fun

Added, thanks

#440 1 year ago

Quite frustrating as a business owner as Instagram have not done anything about IG: pinballfunmania (aka homearcadecorp) and 12 other names they have been in the past.

We literally made a new post on our social media outlets today for Valentines Day and as usual IG: pinballfunmania stole the post and redid it as theirs almost instantly. They are playing off our name FUN to try to make themselves look legitimate.

We're starting to have fun with it though with subliminal messages in the images.

And this is the best one of all. Big thanks to my social media team; Jared, Dylan and Jessica for this Valentines Day Present they created today! If we can't get the social media giants to do anything about it. We'll help make the world aware.

https://www.pinballfunmania.com/

IMG_5140 (resized).PNGIMG_5140 (resized).PNGscammer_Post (resized).jpgscammer_Post (resized).jpgscammer_Post2 (resized).jpgscammer_Post2 (resized).jpg
    #441 1 year ago

Okay guys, I tried to search for this on the list and didn’t find it, maybe just me. Some of their prices are on par, some seem off. The site I came across was pinballnmore.com out of Las Vegas. I am very familiar with FUN! (pinballandmore.com) and you do have pinballsandmore.com on your list. Maybe they are legit, and I would feel bad for questioning, but they do have a game we might be interested in.

#442 1 year ago

flipper-space.com is a scam.

Oriented to the French/Euro market. The legal notice says that the site belongs to the AVDF association ("A vous de flipper" - the organizer of "Le Tréport" show - France), but that's a lie. We discuss about it in a French forum https://www.flipjuke.fr/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=149775&p=889293#p889267
    The domain has been registered one year ago and expire at the end of this month. The registrant is located in ... Iceland

#443 1 year ago
    Quoted from DawnP:

pinballnmore.com out of Las Vegas

Quoted from DawnP:

Maybe they are legit, and I would feel bad for questioning, but they do have a game we might be interested in.

Yet another scam site, unfortunately. The wide array of stock game images always gives it away. Plus take a look at who runs the facebook page...

#444 1 year ago
    Quoted from noflip95:

flipper-space.com is a scam.

Added to the list, thanks

Also added:
    instagram.com/pinballarcadegames
    facebook.com/profile.php?id=100089456350332 (Pinball Arcade Games)

#445 1 year ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Added to the list, thanks

Also added:

At this point, it almost seems we just need a page of NON scam sellers, pretty sure it's a shorter list.

#446 1 year ago
    Quoted from Atari_Daze:

At this point, it almost seems we just need a page of NON scam sellers, pretty sure it's a shorter list.

It certainly feels like that sometimes.

#447 1 year ago

facebook.com/Flo.Grown214

Guy has been posting all over Facebook in various fan groups, related pinball machines. He's avoiding actual pinball seller sites but preying on fan sites like Stargate fans where he's trying to sell a Stargate Pinball for 2600. Same thing with Judge Dredd, and other games. All incredible deals, but all the images have been stolen from Pinside.

Found out cause he ripped off a friend.

#448 1 year ago
    Quoted from PanzerKraken:

facebook.com/Flo.Grown214
    Guy has been posting all over Facebook in various fan groups, related pinball machines. He's avoiding actual pinball seller sites but preying on fan sites like Stargate fans where he's trying to sell a Stargate Pinball for 2600. Same thing with Judge Dredd, and other games. All incredible deals, but all the images have been stolen from Pinside.
    Found out cause he ripped off a friend.

Sorry to hear that. Thanks for sharing it.

Yep, photos are from an old ad: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/archive/28698

[edit]: Looks like the scammer was also running a secondary "dominick anderson" account: facebook.com/profile.php?id=100070876352956

[edit 2]: more posts. This guy has been busy. The phone number is a google voice number.
    pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

[edit 3]:
    Ad for the stolen simpsons photos: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/archive/151231
    Ad for the stolen beatles photos: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/archive/145604

#449 1 year ago

Spidey senses are tingling on these brand new accounts wanting to join groups I admin.
    Like just signed up for facebook to join said groups

Thoughts?
    Anyone recognize the pics?

facebook.com/profile.php?id=100089406849982 (Pinball machine shop)
    facebook.com/groups/141299169710011/user/100090283909013 (Fon Ken)
    facebook.com/groups/141299169710011/user/100090220345183 (Pinball machine for sale)

Pinball machine for sale _ Facebook.pdfPinball machine for sale _ Facebook.pdfPinball machine shop _ Facebook.pdfPinball machine shop _ Facebook.pdfPinball machine shop _ Facebook.pdfPinball machine shop _ Facebook.pdf
    #450 1 year ago

Added to the list:

pinballarcarde.com (note the altered spelling)
    facebook.com/james.bigmcqueen (Michael Auricchio), as per this discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1041730652598065/posts/5494635087307577/

There are 700 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 14.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/beware-of-scam-game-seller-websites/page/9?hl=tampa12 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.