Topic Stats

• 708 posts
  • 185 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by ForceFlow
  • Topic is favorited by 74 Pinsiders
  • Topic is a super sticky!

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Image2 (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_7449 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0108 (resized).png
    Screenshot_20231220_183515_Chrome (resized).jpg
    IMG_5617 (resized).png
    fake-image-analysis1 (resized).jpg
    scam (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 708 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 15.
    #301 1 year ago

This is coming up on Marketplace as a "sponsored ad", and when I checked as to "why am I seeing this ad", it said it caters to pinball searches in Canada. Supposed to be in Tulsa Okla. but wish to target Canadians?? Yea, OK Facebook.....
    Anyways, all I could see at that address is a David's Bridal. Anyone in Tulsa want to look??

premiumpinballmachinesforsale.com/about/

296040669_1389891081505708_1647001557318131939_n (resized).jpg296040669_1389891081505708_1647001557318131939_n (resized).jpg

#302 1 year ago
    Quoted from guard:

premiumpinballmachinesforsale.com

It's just a scam site. No need to visit the listed street address. Added to the scam site list, thanks

Also added: pinballballarcardegames.com and refinepinballs.com

#304 1 year ago

Instagram handle pinballgamemania homearcadecorp
    Most content stolen from Fun! Pinball superstore out of TX.

#305 1 year ago
    Quoted from Backside_Slide:

Added them to the list, thanks

#306 1 year ago

Another one I missed: pinballmachineforsale.co

#307 1 year ago
    Quoted from Bumper:

Another one I missed: pinballmachineforsale.co

Thanks, added it to the list.

1 week later
    #308 1 year ago
    Quoted from Backside_Slide:

Aarrgh.
    Thus why all new listings we have been posting over the last year on our site and social media are now all watermarked. I hate having to do this …but it’s all we can do. I keep reporting them, and they keep blocking me. I wish Instagram took a bigger stance to fight scammers.

#309 1 year ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Added:
    roughbiz.com
    [Removed]

How is gameworldplanet.com on the list? Just spoke with them. Their domain has been around for a while and use legitimate means for purchasing. Discussed this with them through IM and they stated they have been around for 10 years.

#310 1 year ago

Does anyone know if flippersonlineshop.com a scam? Their prices are super low for some of the machines they have. They also say free shipping on orders over $100.

2F755273-5FDE-48EB-BD6E-044404589E5C (resized).jpeg2F755273-5FDE-48EB-BD6E-044404589E5C (resized).jpeg
    #311 1 year ago
    Quoted from alexanr1:

Does anyone know if flippersonlineshop.com a scam? Their prices are super low for some of the machines they have. They also say free shipping on orders over $100.[quoted image]

Yup, scam.

#312 1 year ago

Yea, like TAF for $2500 and free shipping? Not sure how anyone could get fooled by that one.
    Maybe if they had prices a little closer to reality
    These people are just phishing, and they probably hook someone eventually. So many scams...
    It's hard to do business these days with anyone...

#313 1 year ago
    Quoted from alexanr1:

Does anyone know if flippersonlineshop.com a scam? Their prices are super low for some of the machines they have. They also say free shipping on orders over $100.[quoted image]

Well, one clue was that they incorrectly spelled Addams Family, if the ridiculously low price and free shipping failed to convince you that the site is a scam.

#314 1 year ago
    Quoted from Pinman2005:

How is gameworldplanet.com on the list? Just spoke with them. Their domain has been around for a while and use legitimate means for purchasing. Discussed this with them through IM and they stated they have been around for 10 years.

Thanks for the heads up. They have been removed from the list.

I think there was a scam site with a similar domain and stolen photos, which may have been how the original site ended up on the list too.

#315 1 year ago

Their phone number doesn’t work! Just tried!

#316 1 year ago
    Quoted from ZNET:

Well, one clue was that they incorrectly spelled Addams Family, if the ridiculously low price and free shipping failed to convince you that the site is a scam.

Some people just want to believe. That's why this never ends.

#317 1 year ago

1 - thanks for this post. Just saw it . Was about to have my wife's employee go to pinballarcadehouse.com in Arlington Heights to see a game that was fairly priced. It's a residence. Refused to do a live video of the game with me. Saved me money, saved an employee from/kept her safe.

2 - how do we report scam/fake ads like the one from myloxgee seeking a $1300 Playboy in Washington? Notice the gottlieb manual.. For a bally machine https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/141261

#318 1 year ago
    Quoted from FLNetMAn62:

2 - how do we report scam/fake ads like the one from myloxgee seeking a $1300 Playboy in Washington? Notice the gottlieb manual.. For a bally machine https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/141261

You can report a suspicious ad to the moderation team by creating a moderator feedback thread: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/forum/moderator-feedback

We'll look into the ad/account you pointed out.

Thanks

#319 1 year ago

OK veterans, I’m asking for another, as I’m not sure if they want to be known. So to protect their privacy....

I saw on page 3 of this thread, inthenewage.com was asked about, but not confirmed. Someone has bought a machine through them, paid in full, and has been told delivery of said machine in November.

Has anyone dealt with them or have any experience with them? Again, asking for someone else, but I feel I already know the answer....

#320 1 year ago

A guy shared an ad about this website in our FB group and was swiftly booted.

pinballmachinesupplier.net

Lots of red flags. I specifically like the review of The Creature from the LOTR pinball machine. Besides this and their inability to understand verb tense in the english language, their facebook page is managed from Cameroon Africa.

#321 1 year ago
    Quoted from SterlingRush:

OK veterans, I’m asking for another, as I’m not sure if they want to be known. So to protect their privacy....
    I saw on page 3 of this thread, inthenewage.com was asked about, but not confirmed. Someone has bought a machine through them, paid in full, and has been told delivery of said machine in November.
    Has anyone dealt with them or have any experience with them? Again, asking for someone else, but I feel I already know the answer....

I can confirm that it is not one of the ring of anonymous scam sites that have popped up in the last few years. It is operated by an individual whom I have met a couple times at pinball shows in the northeast. He seemed to be into new agey and/or spiritual healing type of stuff. However, I don't know anything about the company operations or if anyone has actually gone through with a purchase. So, YMMV.

#322 1 year ago
    Quoted from SpacelySpliffs:

A guy shared an ad about this website in our FB group and was swiftly booted.
    pinballmachinesupplier.net
    Lots of red flags. I specifically like the review of The Creature from the LOTR pinball machine. Besides this and their inability to understand verb tense in the english language, their facebook page is managed from Cameroon Africa.

Thanks, added to the list.

#323 1 year ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

I can confirm that it is not one of the ring of anonymous scam sites that have popped up in the last few years. It is operated by an individual whom I have met a couple times at pinball shows in the northeast. He seemed to be into new agey and/or spiritual healing type of stuff. However, I don't know anything about the company operations or if anyone has actually gone through with a purchase. So, YMMV.

Fair enough, thank you for the info.

#324 1 year ago

Watch in real-time as an online scam pinball company tries to scam me, out of thousands of dollars when I try to buy a pinball machine on their fake Facebook business page! I do the scam so you don't have to!!

#325 1 year ago

I apologize, I’m extremely new here and to the pinball community.
    Im not sure how to make a new post. But

Quoted from roffels:

I wish my friend would let me share a scammer video his business partner had over a Matrix pinball machine. It was so ridiculous - he just used a static image and played dumb when asked to show anything in the game.

Hi there, I’m extremely new here and to the pinball community.
    Everywhere I look online they want me to wire them money!
    I can obviously tell most are fake and block them.
    However, I found a place that is verified here, but he still wants me to wire him money, is that the standard for getting pins from other states?
    I’m in Mn, and the seller is from PA.
    He seems legit, but once I wire money that money is gone and I just gotta hope they send the machine. That seems crazy to me.

But I was wondering if this is normal?

Thanks
    Joseph

#326 1 year ago
    Quoted from Darkfader:

Watch in real-time as an online scam pinball company tries to scam me, out of thousands of dollars when I try to buy a pinball machine on their fake Facebook business page! I do the scam so you don't have to!!

That was AWESOME! GREAT WORK!

Somehow this needs to be posted all over Pinside, I would for sure keep this up top in the community page forever if I had a say.

Also, it would be great if it could be added to any new for sale ad here by any new member.

Out of all the key posts I have ever seen on this site, this one is by far the BEST!

#327 1 year ago
    Quoted from josephwc:

It *can* be, but most legitimate dealers/distributors also take other forms of payment, such as credit cards, checks, and cash.

If you want someone here to conduct a sanity check on whatever company you're interested in doing business with, you can post in the buying & selling advice sub-forum here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/forum/machine-buying

Even if the name is on an approved dealer/distributor list, it's good to double check to make sure it's not a fake clone of someone legitimate.

#328 1 year ago
    Quoted from Darkfader:

Great video especially for those new to buying anything on the internet (much less a pinball). This should be pinned at the top of every page. Nice work.

#329 1 year ago
    Quoted from Darkfader:

This was an excellent video man! Bravo for fishing this turd for so long. I watch the scam baiters on YouTube, but I’ve never seen a pinball-related one! You rocked it. Many thanks. Inspiring

#330 1 year ago
    Quoted from josephwc:

I apologize, I’m extremely new here and to the pinball community.
    Im not sure how to make a new post. But

Hi there, I’m extremely new here and to the pinball community.
    Everywhere I look online they want me to wire them money!
    I can obviously tell most are fake and block them.
    However, I found a place that is verified here, but he still wants me to wire him money, is that the standard for getting pins from other states?
    I’m in Mn, and the seller is from PA.
    He seems legit, but once I wire money that money is gone and I just gotta hope they send the machine. That seems crazy to me.
    Thanks
    Joseph

NO! That does not at all sound normal. Never wire money.

2 weeks later
    #331 1 year ago

smart-electronics-shops.com/product-category/pinball-machine-n-arcades/?orderby=date

#332 1 year ago
    Quoted from arcademojo:

smart-electronics-shops.com/product-category/pinball-machine-n-arcades/?orderby=date

#333 1 year ago

Here is another new one on Facebook stealing our pics. They’re so lazy! You can see our logo FUN! watermarked on the pics.
    130CF459-EFF3-4B90-BD39-44B7D94491F4 (resized).jpeg130CF459-EFF3-4B90-BD39-44B7D94491F4 (resized).jpeg

#334 1 year ago

So i've been on the hunt for a Beatles Topper for quite some time - wow - brand new only $280.00! Scam City!

arcadepinballs.com/product/buy-beatles-pinball-topper-stern/

#335 1 year ago
    Quoted from hassellcastle:

Here is another new one on Facebook stealing our pics. They’re so lazy! You can see our logo FUN! watermarked on the pics.
    [quoted image]

Thanks--added their website and facebook profile to the list.

Quoted from John-Floyd:

So i've been on the hunt for a Beatles Topper for quite some time - wow - brand new only $280.00! Scam City!
    arcadepinballs.com/product/buy-beatles-pinball-topper-stern/

They are already on the scam site list. Another case of trying to scam using FOMO

#336 1 year ago

Hi guys i need some advice. A couple years ago I sent approx 550.00 USD to a well-known pinsider overseas who makes mods. Time went by and not a word. Eventually I reached out to him who claimed that he didnt know about it and all his receipts etc were deleted. So eventually he told me he would make new parts. Well, its been approx 1 year, and he either doesnt respond or says the items shipped but I haven't received didly squat.
    I cant dispute with paypal or amex, because its too long and I used friends and family
    Anyone have any tips?

I can probably just eat it, but its just not fair.

#337 1 year ago
    Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Hi guys i need some advice. A couple years ago I sent approx 550.00 USD to a well-known pinsider overseas who makes mods. Time went by and not a word. Eventually I reached out to him who claimed that he didnt know about it and all his receipts etc were deleted. So eventually he told me he would make new parts. Well, its been approx 1 year, and he either doesnt respond or says the items shipped but I haven't received didly squat.
    I cant dispute with paypal or amex, because its too long and I used friends and family
    Anyone have any tips?
    I can probably just eat it, but its just not fair.

Sorry to hear it.

Please note that this isn't really the right thread for an individual incomplete transaction. I'd suggest starting a new thread about the issue. You will probably get more feedback there.

1 week later
    #338 1 year ago

facebook.com/profile.php?id=100083271876175
    scam (resized).PNGscam (resized).PNG

#339 1 year ago
    Quoted from arcademojo:

facebook.com/profile.php?id=100083271876175
    [quoted image]

1 week later
    #340 1 year ago

Been keeping an eye on these pretty obvious scammers on instagram. I've occasionally posted on their posts to say why no actual website link and location anywhere as per any other legit pinball business etc..

instagram.com/pinball_arcade1

1 week later
    #341 1 year ago
    Quoted from Our_Man_in_Oz:

Been keeping an eye on these pretty obvious scammers on instagram. I've occasionally posted on their posts to say why no actual website link and location anywhere as per any other legit pinball business etc..
    instagram.com/pinball_arcade1

Added it to the list, thanks

#342 1 year ago

I didn't see vendingnationstore.com on the list. Just saw it on FB.

This is the person who posted the link.

Screenshot_20221104-174951_Facebook (resized).jpgScreenshot_20221104-174951_Facebook (resized).jpg
    #343 1 year ago
    Quoted from SKWilson:

I didn't see vendingnationstore.com on the list. Just saw it on FB.
    This is the person who posted the link.[quoted image]

#345 1 year ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

pinballmax.com added to the list, as per this thread:
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/possible-scam-site

Great, but don't forget pinball-max.com and thepinballcompany.co

#346 1 year ago

Current scam in the PNW on a TMNT premium for $5K. I still am phishing this scumbag. Search pinball on Craigslist and have fun with this pos. But it’s not real. Fuck with his/her/it mind. It deserves it.

seattle.craigslist.org link

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #347 1 year ago
    Quoted from KING-HENRY:

Current scam in the PNW on a TMNT premium for $5K. I still am phishing this scumbag. Search pinball on Craigslist and have fun with this pos. But it’s not real. Fuck with his/her/it mind. It deserves it.
    seattle.craigslist.org link

This pos also has a 911 on there. I have a very detailed text conversation with this person. Be careful and smart out there! At least I wasted his time with lots of texting. He even admitted it.

#348 1 year ago
    Quoted from KING-HENRY:

This pos also has a 911 on there. I have a very detailed text conversation with this person. Be careful and smart out there! At least I wasted his time with lots of texting. He even admitted it.

Out of States I’m betting..or a hired mole in the US.

#349 1 year ago
    Quoted from Bumper:

Great, but don't forget pinball-max.com and thepinballcompany.co

Added, thanks

#350 1 year ago

facebook.com/Vendingnationstore
    vendingnationstore.com

This is showing up at a whole bunch of Canadian FB forums.....looks hinky to me. Thoughts?

There are 708 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 15.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/beware-of-scam-game-seller-websites/page/7?hl=pins4u and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.