Topic Stats

• 708 posts
  • 185 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by ForceFlow
  • Topic is favorited by 74 Pinsiders
  • Topic is a super sticky!

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Image2 (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_7449 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0108 (resized).png
    Screenshot_20231220_183515_Chrome (resized).jpg
    IMG_5617 (resized).png
    fake-image-analysis1 (resized).jpg
    scam (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 708 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 15.
    #51 2 years ago
    Quoted from SDpinballer:

Are the sites added to OP’s original post list?

Yes

Quoted from SDpinballer:

I believe this one is new, didn’t see it in this thread: thepinballcompany.us

It looks like a scammer cloned thepinballcompany.com (a legitimate retailer). They really like using that site for some reason.

1 week later
    #52 2 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

thepinballcompany.us

Yes, everything is the same except the contact information. The email address points to the fake domain. The real site Contact Us page lists a 573 area code which is correct for their office location. The scam site uses a 501 area code which traces back to a VOIP provider.

1 week later
    #53 2 years ago

Anyone know about DNK Pinballs or Jackgameshub ??? Both have websites, easy to find.

I am looking to buy Black Knight, both sites have the game new in box. Which seems a little weird, but ok. Prices are different on each site, but no physical address for either, also both are out of CA and both will only take bank transfer.

Something tells these sites are the same people and just does not feel right.

#54 2 years ago
    Quoted from Maidenman:

Anyone know about DNK Pinballs or Jackgameshub ??? Both have websites, easy to find.
    I am looking to buy Black Knight, both sites have the game new in box. Which seems a little weird, but ok. Prices are different on each site, but no physical address for either, also both are out of CA and both will only take bank transfer.
    Something tells these sites are the same people and just does not feel right.

Quoted from ForceFlow:

asking "is that website legit?"

More often than not, if you feel you need to ask that question, the answer is usually no.

#55 2 years ago

Added to the list:
    jackgameshub.com
    toppinballmachines.com

#58 2 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Added to the list:
    jackgameshub.com
    toppinballmachines.com

Man, just reviewed jackgameshub.com out of curiosity. It's amazing how much work they put into building a site that looks quite legitimate (unless you know a little about pin pricing). Even their about us section contains pics of their "leadership" - all fake with stock pictures, but man they put some work into this. Interesting when you look at some of the copy - you can clearly see this is an English as a second language writer.

Tough to know something like this is out there simply to trap and scam folks.

#59 2 years ago

I just did a random search for something and came across

47pins.com
    pinballsmachines.com
    pinballmachinescompany.com
    pinballmachines.world

Same old same old.

At this point it feels easier to just list VALID sites.

#60 2 years ago
    Quoted from alexmogil:

I just did a random search for something and came across
    47pins.com
    pinballsmachines.com
    pinballmachinescompany.com
    pinballmachines.world
    Same old same old.

Thanks, added.

Also added:
    pinballmachines.xyz

#61 2 years ago
    Quoted from alexmogil:

I agree with this!

A list with 100% safe sites would be very awesome!

And THANK YOU! ForceFlow, for all of the work and time you spend here!

#62 2 years ago

One thing to help tell if a site is a scam is to do a whois lookup on the domain and see when it was first registered. If it was created that week, it is more likely to be a scam. Usually these scams are created quickly and dropped. If it has been around for awhile it is more likely to be safe. But do note that a scammer could have sat on the domain for a while before using it. The registration date in whois is not something a scammer can fake.

#63 2 years ago
    Quoted from wamoc:

One thing to help tell if a site is a scam is to do a whois lookup on the domain and see when it was first registered. If it was created that week, it is more likely to be a scam. Usually these scams are created quickly and dropped. If it has been around for awhile it is more likely to be safe. But do note that a scammer could have sat on the domain for a while before using it. The registration date in whois is not something a scammer can fake.

This is covered in more detail here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/beware-of-scam-game-seller-websites#post-6343902

#64 2 years ago

buypinballarcardegames.com is another one.

I almost daily get a follow request on Instagram from different scammers.

#65 2 years ago
    Quoted from mtn-:

buypinballarcardegames.com is another one.
    I almost daily get a follow request on Instagram from different scammers.

Added to the list.

That domain is only 2 weeks old. Did they finally cycle through all the domains they registered 6-12 months ago?

#66 2 years ago

Does anyone know the validity behind pinballhomemania on Instagram? They claim to be based in Chicago and price games on their posts for sale. I am not making an accusation here but just don’t have any knowledge about them or their operations

#67 2 years ago
    Quoted from PCUR27:

Does anyone know the validity behind pinballhomemania on Instagram? They claim to be based in Chicago and price games on their posts for sale. I am not making an accusation here but just don’t have any knowledge about them or their operations

The pics are all lifted from pinballandmore.com/pinball/. FUN in Texas. That checkered floor is a giveaway. Also they don't advertise a website which is a red flag.

Edit: Yeah it's pretty obvious what's going on here.
    Screenshot_20211008-154739 (resized).pngScreenshot_20211008-154739 (resized).pngScreenshot_20211008-154745 (resized).pngScreenshot_20211008-154745 (resized).pngScreenshot_20211008-154751 (resized).pngScreenshot_20211008-154751 (resized).pngScreenshot_20211008-154758 (resized).pngScreenshot_20211008-154758 (resized).png

#68 2 years ago

clearly a scam. ask to pay with a credit card and watch them squirm.

#69 2 years ago

Please add pinballgamegallery.com

#70 2 years ago
    Quoted from mkecasey:

Please add pinballgamegallery.com

Thanks--added

#71 2 years ago

I'm so glad I found this thread. I was looking at a Monster Bash on pinballmachinecenter.com, then tried to call the number on their site and it was disconnected. Pinball Machine Center is clearly a scam and it is already on this list.

#75 2 years ago

Disgusting scammers,some poor guy works his ass off for months to buy a game and he runs into these guys, his family is stoked for there new pin and poof!

#76 2 years ago

I got in contact with people from buypinballmachine.com as i was looking at the Pinballs they had for sale now after doing research the site is less than 6 month old also the number they have supplied to contact them on whatsapp goes to a know scam site listed below.
    https://db.aa419.org/fakebanksview.php?key=141422
    +1 267-647-6077
    buypinballmachine.com
    +1(559) 717-8172
    vyvanseonline.com

Talk about running scams it goes into selling guns fake of course medication face of course wow and the list goes on when will these sites get shut down getting unsuspecting people.

246282016_10165972128560654_704322700489704877_n (resized).jpg246282016_10165972128560654_704322700489704877_n (resized).jpg246712777_10165972130085654_8316426815158708_n (resized).jpg246712777_10165972130085654_8316426815158708_n (resized).jpg

#77 2 years ago

Yep, a lot of the contact info tends to lead to other scams.

Scammers will try anything that seems lucrative.

#78 2 years ago

Added two more:

bestpinballmachines.com
    globalpinballcompany.com

#79 2 years ago
    Quoted from Giltron:

267-647-6077
    buypinballmachine.com
    +1(559) 717-8172
    vyvanseonline.com

https://freecarrierlookup.com/
    Both of those numbers belong to bandwidth.com
    There is a reporting form here: https://www.bandwidth.com/legal/report-a-phone-number/

buypinballmachine.com & vyvanseonline.com are at IP 198.54.126.156 hosted by web-hosting.com, which is owned by namecheap.com
    Namecheap's reporting process is documented here: https://www.namecheap.com/support/knowledgebase/article.aspx/9196/5/how-and-where-can-i-file-abuse-complaints/

Don't know how responsive they are but it's worth a shot.

#80 2 years ago

Found that just by Googling this exact phrase, you can see a list of scam sites: "JJP Wizard of Oz Carved Castle Walls"

#81 2 years ago

Has anyone ever ordered from gameandsportworld.com?

#82 2 years ago
    Quoted from shootthemaproom:

Has anyone ever ordered from gameandsportworld.com?

The domain was created in June 2021. I wouldn't trust it. It looks like yet another scam site.

Apparently, the site has no stock controls and there doesn't seem to be a limit on how many mando premiums you can order.
    pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

Be sure to check out the first post of this thread on how to identify legitimate game distributors: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/beware-of-scam-game-seller-websites

#83 2 years ago

So what is the shipping cost on 90 million dollars worth of Mandalorians? Seems like if you are buying 9,999 machines they could throw in free shipping...

#84 2 years ago
    Quoted from mbeardsley:

So what is the shipping cost on 90 million dollars worth of Mandalorians? Seems like if you are buying 9,999 machines they could throw in free shipping...

Well, plugging in a fictitious address:

Obviously, they did not account for a quantity of 10,000 games all going to the same address.

#85 2 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Well, plugging in a fictitious address:
    [quoted image]
    Obviously, they did not account for a quantity of 10,000 games all going to the same address.

White Glove delivery for $800 is a pretty stellar deal for 10,000 pins. That works out to only $12.50 per pin.

#86 2 years ago

Not sure if this is the right spot for reporting Instagram handles but this guy seems to be spoofing Great American Pinball out of Chicago. I sent Mike at GAP an email about it as well:

instagram.com/awesome_pinball_machines

#87 2 years ago

Just spotted in PACA facebook...
    Same profile also links to twitter.com/BuyPinball and facebook.com/profile.php?id=100053636733606

Think he blocked me for sharing this list in his post lol

#88 2 years ago

I started a new list for social media profiles in addition to the list of websites. If you spot any social media profiles, please go ahead and share the link and also report the page.

#89 2 years ago

Who are these people? Are they in the US?

#90 2 years ago
    Quoted from Methos:

Who are these people? Are they in the US?

Based on their odd use of grammar, probably not.

#91 2 years ago

Hey,
    A new pinball enthusiast that I sold a game to (GOTGLE) contacted me about wanting a Deadpool
    LE.

He has found this website in Sweden
    pinballsowners.com/pinball-arcades/

I know it’s a scam - look at those prices! Too good to be true. But he is still he’ll bent on getting a flight out there to look. Told him no way to pay a deposit! Anyone seen this site before?

#92 2 years ago
    Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Hey,
    A new pinball enthusiast that I sold a game to (GOTGLE) contacted me about wanting a Deadpool
    LE.
    He has found this website in Sweden
    pinballsowners.com/pinball-arcades/
    I know it’s a scam - look at those prices! Too good to be true. But he is still he’ll bent on getting a flight out there to look. Told him no way to pay a deposit! Anyone seen this site before?

Obvious scam site. It looks pretty much the same as many of the others that have popped up. It even uses a several of the same images.

If he puts down any money, he will never see it again.

#93 2 years ago

Another instagram sourced one.

Instagram.com/pin_ballmachine

Link in info to. buypinballexpress.com

I’ve gotten a lot of follow requests on instagram lately from questionable accounts. They seem to try to follow anyone pinball related, and it appears lots of people allow it and follow back without checking them out. This is probably another way these scammers are getting pictures of games as well.

#94 2 years ago
    Quoted from Wmsfan-GAP:

Instagram.com/pin_ballmachine

Link in info to. buypinballexpress.com

Thanks--added those to the list.

Added pinballelite.com, shopzcity.com, pinballftry.com, pinball-entertainment.com to the scam site list.

Added a reference to an external list of fake/scam shipping & freight websites: https://scam.delivery/

#95 2 years ago

I’d like to add Instagram user Arcganes7 using pictures from the website Pinballsandmore.com
    I contacted the website and they said they don’t have an Instagram page. Prices are “what you can afford”

#96 2 years ago
    Quoted from allsportdvd:

I’d like to add Instagram user Arcganes7 using pictures from the website Pinballsandmore.com
    I contacted the website and they said they don’t have an Instagram page. Prices are “what you can afford”

I'm assuming that's arcgames, not ganes?

Added arcgames7 and pinballsandmore to the list.

#97 2 years ago

We have been contacted by a police detective concerning this scam and there is now a new section:

What to do if you are a victim of this scam

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/beware-of-scam-game-seller-websites#post-6343904

#98 2 years ago
    Quoted from alexmogil:

The pics are all lifted from pinballandmore.com/pinball/. FUN in Texas. That checkered floor is a giveaway. Also they don't advertise a website which is a red flag.
    Edit: Yeah it's pretty obvious what's going on here.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thank you for doing this important work. It's sickening!

#99 2 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

I'm assuming that's arcgames, not ganes?
    Added arcgames7 and pinballsandmore to the list.

Yes sorry. Arcgames7

Pinballsandmore is a real site though, the pictures are just being stolen from there

I have another one as well
    Pinballgamestore.com and Instagram user Pinball_machines44

#100 2 years ago
    Quoted from allsportdvd:

I have another one as well
    Pinballgamestore.com and Instagram user Pinball_machines44

Thanks, added.

There are 708 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 15.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/beware-of-scam-game-seller-websites/page/2?hl=selig and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.