maleko1 (resized).jpg
malenko2 (resized).jpg
ce4f79eee91d5ea4d1435ede13c769a67d69d945 (resized).jpg
pinside (resized).jpg
SnoopyCreepyBonobo-size_restricted.gif
SnoopyCreepyBonobo-size_restricted (resized).png
AFBE9835-E194-4C26-94FB-71D2A7AC7FA5.gif
Screenshot_20200706-154400_Yahoo Mail (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ripper.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#59 3 years ago

Like everyone else here I can only say good things about Retro, their products and the service I've received from them. I've bought loads with them and other suppliers, never an issue. It does sometimes take time for shipping here to Australia, so would imagine its the same for the states but like other people have said the issue with customs is completely out of the sellers hands.

Did you get tracking information with your order? Most of my orders I got tracking and it shows when the item arrives at the port and is handed over to customs.

But yeah covid... sucks for everyone. I would not be blaming any sellers.

Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

On topic, Retro Refurbs is garbage
Pete blatantly steals artwork and regularly tells copyright holders to take a hike. He doesn’t give a shit who owns the rights to anything he produces and he has stolen alt designs from pinsiders and sold them for full profit.

Quoted from Gryszzz:

This.
They are straight up thieves and I wouldn't give em a fuckin penny. Blatantly stole artwork from a Pinsider and told him to kick rocks. Fuck them. I don't need any part that bad.
Thieves.

Quoted from Gryszzz:

Point in case. Pinsider Malenko and his alternate, and vastly superior, translite for SFII, was who I'm referring to. But thanks for speaking up. Any others get their shit stolen by this jizzmopper?

Quoted from Gryszzz:

This motherfucker is a fucking thief. What else ya need to know?

As far as I can tell you are both referring to the Street Fighter II translite from several years ago, yes? Can't remember where it was posted but wasn't it revealed that Malenko actually stole the artwork from an artist on DeviantArt and then slapped the Gottlieb logo on it, which he was then selling on here without license from Gottlieb or giving any credit to the guy from DeviantArt?

That was a shitty thing to do, but typical of the angry mob hypocrites on here who do nothing but whinge, much like the OP.

If Pete did copy that translite then surely the issue with with the DeviantArt guy and not this other Pinsider?

I know that he's got several other artists and producers working with him for different projects and that all get license fees or some kind of royalties so I really don't know where your strange ideas come from. Actually had one of his guys design something custom for me on 2 occasions and they said Pete is good to work with.

#60 3 years ago

Also is it any coincidence that they've just added 5% coupon for all Pinsiders lol

Surely that's not a coincidence with this topic??

pinside (resized).jpgpinside (resized).jpg

#68 3 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

So here's the cliff notes of what actually happened:
I made an ALT translight for *MY* SFII machine. (I did a lot more than just slap a logo on it)
I posted pix, people wanted it, got a friend to print them. I made no money.
Magically RetroRetards sells a clone of it almost immediately.
I message Pete he says he'll sell the 3 he printed and then remove them from his website.
Its been years and he's still selling them.
I dislike him for lying to me, more than I dislike him for stealing my idea (and blatantly infringing on other people's copyrights)
That being said, the OP in this thread is off his rocker if he thinks any seller would do what he's asking.

Hmm. Since we're living in the era of FACT CHECKING I've had to go dig up some old posts from the SFII topics to find out whats going on here. Seems like you did actually just rip someone else artwork AND infringed on copyrights and trademarks:

ce4f79eee91d5ea4d1435ede13c769a67d69d945 (resized).jpgce4f79eee91d5ea4d1435ede13c769a67d69d945 (resized).jpg
malenko2 (resized).jpgmalenko2 (resized).jpg
maleko1 (resized).jpgmaleko1 (resized).jpg

So evidently you had ripped off someone else work and were selling it on Pinside illegally. I see multiple violations:

Street Fighter characters (IP infringement)
Street Fighter logo (trademark infringement)
Gottlieb logo (trademark infringement)
Capcom logo (trademark infringement)
Reproduction of artistic works (copyright infringement)

Not only that but by selling them on Pinside you also put the ownwers of this website in jeopardy?

Sorry man, I don't want to get into an argument with you but neither you or Retro Refurb did the right thing. The difference is you lost all credibility and showed yourself as a hypocrite and a liar. Calling out other people for doing the same thing you are doing.

Someone here earlier pointed out the "entitled generation" and I think that very much applies in this case as well.

#72 3 years ago

Ok so I've just skimmed through several pages of those links and I don't see Pete or anyone else from Retro freaking out? It's page after page of people praising his products with good feedback. Oh and that Malenko guy pops up to bitch about his shitty translite that he stole off DeviantArt. Actually every Retro Refurbs topic I've seen has at least one post from Malenko crying like a baby over this same repeating issue. For gods sake man, just move on. No one cares about your translite anyway.

Those topics are from nearly 4 years ago and I don't see any of the Williams games on his site. Maybe they worked things out with Rick? From what I see he sells hardly any original decals now, its all SideBlades and alternative translites.

But do you have proof that the artwork in question was licensed under Creative Commons? What about the trademark infringements? And how do we know Malenko was selling them for 0% profit? Regardless of profit margin, it's still a violation. I think you're very confused.

Sorry dude but your argument holds no weight whatsoever. In a time of a major worldwide crisis and business going under, all I see from you and the OP of this thread is attempt to cancel and trash someone else's business because you can't grow the hell up. Seems like the majority agree.

#77 3 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

We're just talking in circles and you dont seem to care about facts/fact checking
Pete had a shop on here not me, so HE put the site at risk (your words)
My beef with Pete is that he gave me his word and didn't follow through. The rest doesn't matter.
And to note, the person was paypalling me as a thanks for putting up the colorization files FOR FREE for SFII and had nothing to do with the ALT.
You also seem to ignore that I said Pete shouldnt over night to the OP. <3

When did Retro Refurbs ever have a shop on Pinside?? I thought they only had their own website.

Either way, who cares man. It's done and dusted, and yeah at least we can all agree the OP is being ridiculous here.

#78 3 years ago

omg lol and guess what just popped up in my fb feed....

https://www.facebook.com/retrorefurbsuk/

They are watching this thread it seems haha!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Machine - For Sale
Riverside, CA
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ripper.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/beware-of-retro-refurbs-retrorefurbscom-?tu=ripper and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.