maleko1 (resized).jpg
malenko2 (resized).jpg
ce4f79eee91d5ea4d1435ede13c769a67d69d945 (resized).jpg
pinside (resized).jpg
SnoopyCreepyBonobo-size_restricted.gif
SnoopyCreepyBonobo-size_restricted (resized).png
AFBE9835-E194-4C26-94FB-71D2A7AC7FA5.gif
Screenshot_20200706-154400_Yahoo Mail (resized).jpg
There are 126 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 3 years ago

This is how you can expect to be treated by Retrorefurbs.com after they have your money. See enclosed screenshots.

I ordered my product on May 29th and still dont have the product. I was told don't blame Retro, not our fault, blame the USPS and US Customs....and ultimately go buy from someone else. This is not about the time it's taking to get the shipment, its about the responses in email from a business to a customer. Very poor customer service.

All i asked for was a solution to next day air me the parts and then ill send back the parts that havent arrived yet.....and I was told you can pay for that we are not a charity....There is a much better way to word that if you are a professional business. If that doesn't work, offer some other solution. As a person who has run businesses, I have lost money in efforts to at least appease a customer...maybe it didn't always solve the issue but I took responsibility until the product got to the customer. However, no solution was given except call these numbers. No alternates or apologizes were given because of the "hey its not our fault, go blame someone else attitude."

All correspondence was from Pete.

Its really sad as it looks like they make a nice product, but as you can tell they will belittle and berate you and not make any offers on thier end to make things right using their own means...they will just blame someone else and say call them...

Yet big and bold you will see the 100 Percent Satisfaction Guarantee on their webpage. All I'm saying is Buyer Beware and if you can find a similar product from somewhere else, I would buy it there.

Screenshot_20200706-154400_Yahoo Mail (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200706-154400_Yahoo Mail (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200706-154451_Yahoo Mail (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200706-154451_Yahoo Mail (resized).jpg

#2 3 years ago

Totally disagree I'm afraid! I don't know Pete personally but he makes to order and quite frankly there has been quite a lot of demand on the postal services of late. I've bought several times from Pete and his products are great. Asking for more products to be made and posted because of something out of his hands is ridiculous, how desperate for art blades are you? Silly thread and damaging to a business, very bad form given the global situation. Shame on you. Maybe Pete should start a thread telling all shops not to sell to you because you want it delivered...ahem... Ferrari style.....

#3 3 years ago

You’ll get your order. I ordered from him and customs had it for three months. That was way before COVID-19 hit.

#4 3 years ago
Quoted from JonCrox:

Totally disagree I'm afraid!

Retro gave a straight up answer as far as I can see.

Quoted from ferraristyle:

but as you can tell the will belittle and berate you

Sorry, I missed the part where he did that.

Perhaps it would be easier on your ego and self esteem if you did not order anything from anybody from now on.

#5 3 years ago

I ordered many times from Pete over the past few years and always had a good experience. Everything he says about customs in his messages to you are 100% correct. I would not hesitate to order from him again and I certainly will. I would change the thread title OP - because you're wrong!

Seems way too many people look for any little excuse to publicly ruin someone's reputation.

#6 3 years ago

That sucks your having a hard time. I've purchased 4X from Pete, never any issues.
I'm sure your issue will get resolved.

#7 3 years ago

I came in here expecting to find a reason not to buy from Retro Refurbs but instead found someone to completely ignore, ferraristyle.

#8 3 years ago

Cancel culture hard at work here. You probably have blue hair, knuckle tats, and eat vegan too huh?

#9 3 years ago

These threads rarely ever go as planned

#10 3 years ago

Not even worth making popcorn for, I'm afraid.

#11 3 years ago

"All i asked for was a solution to next day air me the parts". That's all. Do you realize how much next day air costs?

#12 3 years ago

Unfortunately, you only show one perspective and do not show the whole correspondence. That is a shame and should not be taken seriously. It also seems that you are turning your impatience and lack of understanding into frustration. I've never had a problem with retrofurbs and in the current situation some things just take a while. Lean back and relax - I'm sure you will receive your parts.

#13 3 years ago
Quoted from ferraristyle:

All i asked for was a solution to next day air me the parts and then ill send back the parts that havent arrived yet.....and I was told you can pay for that we are not a charity.

Next-day air, internationally, when every transit service is massively bogged down due to the Covid situation. On his own dime, with only your word that you'll send the other parts back, when you are evidently a first-time customer.

How self-entitled can you get??

#14 3 years ago
Quoted from MightyGrave:

Unfortunately, you only show one perspective and do not show the whole correspondence.

If he was trying to show bad or insulting correspondence from Retro, he failed there too.

#15 3 years ago

You should be pissed at customs... what do you want him to do? I don't get it.

#16 3 years ago
Quoted from Gornkleschnitzer:

Next-day air, internationally, when every transit service is massively bogged down due to the Covid situation, to get some decals.

Even Next Day Air International is not 'next day air'! Items would still go to customs once in the states, and back into their queue!

We order things from overseas often and via next day air is about a week. Last item was around 27 kg and cost about $9k for the 'next day air' plus all the associated fees, they break down like this (this is just the fees NOT the AIR travel itself):

O/F: 95.00 $
FOB Charges: 235.00
AMS: 25.00 $
Customs Clearance: $110
ABI: $25
Messenger: $25
Customs Duties: 3.7% of the commercial invoice value.
Delivery: TBA
Terminal Handling: at cost

Peanuts for most folks.

#17 3 years ago
Quoted from Atari_Daze:

Even Next Day Air International is not 'next day air'! Items would still go to customs once in the states, and back into their queue!

I didn't even realize that, but definitely makes sense that nothing would skip it through customs any faster.

(I retroactively removed the "decals" reference from my post. I don't know why I assumed that's what he bought, couldn't find reference to it when I looked back quickly.)

#18 3 years ago

In these days of Amazon Prime, people Stateside just expect their stuff to show up instantly.

Here at the bottom of the world, we’re used to having to wait 4 weeks for our shit to arrive.

During the Covid lockdown, I was waiting for 3 small parcels from Australia - usually a weeks transit - they were all posted around the same time, and they took 4 weeks, 5 weeks and 7 weeks respectively to show up.

Covid stuffed up the postal system worldwide. What ya gonna do? Shit happens.

rd

#19 3 years ago

They have always done good by me, He has zero control over the postal system!!! Go write a shitty thread on USPS forum as they are at fault here.

#20 3 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

In these days of Amazon Prime, people Stateside just expect their stuff to show up instantly.

Truer words, my man.

Honestly, real-time tracking and updates from shippers only make the OCD and impatience more prevalent.

SnoopyCreepyBonobo-size_restricted.gifSnoopyCreepyBonobo-size_restricted.gif
#21 3 years ago
AFBE9835-E194-4C26-94FB-71D2A7AC7FA5.gifAFBE9835-E194-4C26-94FB-71D2A7AC7FA5.gif
#23 3 years ago

What's the over/under on the op never returning to post in this thread again?

#24 3 years ago

Could be worse, they won't sell to Canada right now because customs apparently is destroying their packages (not sure whether through negligence or what).

#25 3 years ago

I would like to thank OP for bringing RetroRefurbs' existence to my attention. If I ever get any of the games they have parts for, I will definitely order something from them.

#26 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I know I wouldn't after this shit show....

#27 3 years ago

Ordered from Pete/RR several times and never had any issues with them. The 'problem' (if you will), is with Customs. One of my packages was held for almost a month, and that was pre-Corona. Now, I'd say 45 days or longer isn't out of the question.

You're grievance should be with Customs, but good luck with that......

#28 3 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

I know I wouldn't after this shit show....

A lot of times I do take pause before hitting "send" on many posts. Ya know, make sure I have all my ducks in a row.

#29 3 years ago

I run an internet store as well, sole trader with no staff and semi retired. I am constantly telling the entitled generation that i am not Amazon, and if their order takes a day or two to ship, or of i don't mark it as shipped the day it ships it doesn't mean you should talk to me like a piece of shit from behind the keyboard.

And no, i am not going back to enter a tracking number into every order, but if you ask for one i will give it to you.

And email me, don't fucking message me on facebook, it's a business, not a social converstaion.

#30 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Not even worth making popcorn for, I'm afraid.

Give it time...

#31 3 years ago

It will show up, just need ro be patient. I had 2 orders for some albums (one from Italy, one from Portugal) Nine weeks later they arrived, sat in customs forever.

#32 3 years ago

On topic, Retro Refurbs is garbage
Pete blatantly steals artwork and regularly tells copyright holders to take a hike. He doesn’t give a shit who owns the rights to anything he produces and he has stolen alt designs from pinsiders and sold them for full profit.

Pete/Retro Refurbs is a scam artist scumbag, just not for the reasons OP has mentioned.
Shipping takes time, and I’ve had a package from France sit in customs about a month before they pushed it though, and it was just a plastic ramp. US customs is full of toddlers who rip your shit apart.

#33 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

He sent his reply airmail, check back in a few weeks.

#34 3 years ago

Someone’s laying an egg.

#35 3 years ago

I placed an order with PSPA, they delivered to post office same day for shipping, order redirected by Australia to go by boat...
This order was placed April 7th .. Still in transit.
Sad ,however not PSPA fault or mine.
Sure it will get here eventually.

Cannot blame Retro for things out of their control!

#36 3 years ago

Sorry this happened to you Karen.

#37 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

I run an internet store as well, sole trader with no staff and semi retired. I am constantly telling the entitled generation that i am not Amazon, and if their order takes a day or two to ship, or of i don't mark it as shipped the day it ships it doesn't mean you should talk to me like a piece of shit from behind the keyboard.
And no, i am not going back to enter a tracking number into every order, but if you ask for one i will give it to you.
And email me, don't fucking message me on facebook, it's a business, not a social converstaion.

I call BS. Everyone knows shipping from Woolgoolga is internationally known for its speed. You're old ass is just slow.

#39 3 years ago

I bought some decals and they've been with customs for over a month now. Nothing I can do, definitely not going to try what OP did

#40 3 years ago

I ordered from RetroRefurbs on May 19. Shipped May 29. Still stuck in customs in NY. Emailed USPS but no reply. I’m sure it’ll get here when it gets here.

#41 3 years ago
Quoted from Meri-cah:

Emailed USPS but no reply.

For post office. Go to your local post office. Ask them to check. They can some times dig deeper than we can on the USPS internet tracking.

LTG : )

#42 3 years ago

be patient dude, your hollywood heat will be OK.

#44 3 years ago

Ordered stuff from usa using usps. Parcel sat in us customs for 5 weeks before even leaving the country, then it took another 2 weeks getting it to my adress in europe, so in total 7 weeks. Just be patient and Im sure your package Will arrive too.

#45 3 years ago

All Im saying is if it was my business i would run it different. Its not, so run it how you want, but this is my experience I am posting about and if others were in the same boat you would probably feel the same way if you got sent the emails i was sent.

I know covid has this all messed up but to say things like...

"Thanks your dissappintment really helps...its not really the case of what you believe....we are not a charity".....and ultimately "go buy from someone else"

is no way to handle customer service from someone that its your first time customer.

My issue is not in the delay, Its with the wording of the response.

Here is what was sent to me by another company where I have been waiting even longer (since May 15)....

"If your order has still not arrived, we are happy to assist you however we can, including ordering you a free replacement order if necessary. Please reply to this email and we’ll continue holding your spot in the queue for a response from one of our Customer Success representatives"

That is why they call it customer service.

No doubt it will get here, eventually. Understand thats not my complaint. It could have been handled differently from a first time customers perspective.

#46 3 years ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

On topic, Retro Refurbs is garbage
Pete blatantly steals artwork and regularly tells copyright holders to take a hike. He doesn’t give a shit who owns the rights to anything he produces and he has stolen alt designs from pinsiders and sold them for full profit.
Pete/Retro Refurbs is a scam artist scumbag, just not for the reasons OP has mentioned.
Shipping takes time, and I’ve had a package from France sit in customs about a month before they pushed it though, and it was just a plastic ramp. US customs is full of toddlers who rip your shit apart.

This.
They are straight up thieves and I wouldn't give em a fuckin penny. Blatantly stole artwork from a Pinsider and told him to kick rocks. Fuck them. I don't need any part that bad.
Thieves.

#47 3 years ago

OP, why don’t you show us the whole conversation?

#48 3 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

This.
They are straight up thieves and I wouldn't give em a fuckin penny. Blatantly stole artwork from a Pinsider and told him to kick rocks. Fuck them. I don't need any part that bad.
Thieves.

Was it so unique that it could only be theft of an idea? Or was it an idea that could occur to more than one person?

I had an idea for an alternate translite for my new table, and boom it was on Retrorefurb while I was shopping around.

#49 3 years ago
Quoted from Acronymicon:

Was it so unique that it could only be theft of an idea? Or was it an idea that could occur to more than one person?
I had an idea for an alternate translite for my new table, and boom it was on Retrorefurb while I was shopping around.

Point in case. Pinsider Malenko and his alternate, and vastly superior, translite for SFII, was who I'm referring to. But thanks for speaking up. Any others get their shit stolen by this jizzmopper?

#50 3 years ago
Quoted from Meri-cah:

I ordered from RetroRefurbs on May 19. Shipped May 29. Still stuck in customs in NY. Emailed USPS but no reply. I’m sure it’ll get here when it gets here.

Mine has been stuck in NY customs for a week now; this thread is discouraging lol

We are victims of circumstance. Nyuck nyuck.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Machine - For Sale
Riverside, CA
$ 83.00
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 126 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/beware-of-retro-refurbs-retrorefurbscom-?hl=meri-cah and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.