maleko1 (resized).jpg
malenko2 (resized).jpg
ce4f79eee91d5ea4d1435ede13c769a67d69d945 (resized).jpg
pinside (resized).jpg
SnoopyCreepyBonobo-size_restricted.gif
SnoopyCreepyBonobo-size_restricted (resized).png
AFBE9835-E194-4C26-94FB-71D2A7AC7FA5.gif
Screenshot_20200706-154400_Yahoo Mail (resized).jpg
There are 126 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 3 years ago

What is the record number of down votes for an OP? So far this guy is close to 50 and I wasn't even one of them.

#102 3 years ago
Quoted from too-many-pins:

What is the record number of down votes for an OP? So far this guy is close to 50 and I wasn't even one of them.

300-400 at least I think.

#103 3 years ago

Would love to know how many extra orders they got out of this “avoid this company” thread lol

#104 3 years ago
Quoted from russdx:

Would love to know how many extra orders they got out of this “avoid this company” thread lol

I did not order anything, but I just checked the site out.

#105 3 years ago

I’ve got two sets of cab decals from them that I wouldn’t have ever got anywhere else. Can’t complain at all about their work. Overseas shipping is always slow so you just got to wait it out. Also didn’t see anything wrong with their response to OP. Will buy form again and again and again.

#106 3 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

I’ve got two sets of cab decals from them that I wouldn’t have ever got anywhere else. Can’t complain at all about their work. Overseas shipping is always slow so you just got to wait it out. Also didn’t see anything wrong with their response to OP. Will buy form again and again and again.

I also ordered JP side art that’s close to what the LE has which nobody else carries.

#107 3 years ago
Quoted from gblack:

Mine was stuck in NY customs for about 2 weeks and just got notification it’s moving again stateside.

Yeah I took the advice from Pete in the screenshots, gave their customer service a call, and opened an email case via a web form on the USPS site and a day later it shook loose from Customs and will be here in a few days.

1 week later
#108 3 years ago
Quoted from Acronymicon:

Yeah I took the advice from Pete in the screenshots, gave their customer service a call, and opened an email case via a web form on the USPS site and a day later it shook loose from Customs and will be here in a few days.

Yeah, I'll second this. Could have been a coincidence but I called usps and next day it got through

#109 3 years ago

My package finally cleared customs and got through the Queens distro center on 7/14. "In transit" with zero updates or tracked movement since. I hate USPS. In fact, I see that Pinball Life is ceasing any USPS use until further notice b/c of absurd delays and lost items recently. I get it that things are slow right now. But come on.

1 week later
#110 3 years ago

Just wanted to update that these came in and this is by far the best art for the JP. The material is also very forgiving as stated. I knicked it a little and came right out with some heat. It’s very similar to the LE art so it blends with the back wall of the playfield great. Well worth the wait.

#111 3 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

To resolve the last issue, I had to write to Mr. Fields, Owner of Fedex.

FedEx is a publicly traded company.

The founder of the company, Fred Smith, is still the CEO.

There is no guy named Mr. Fields who owns Fedex.

1 week later
#112 3 years ago

For a damn Hollywood heat build??? Oh man the next day air cost alone would cover the cost of the whole build....

I have an order placed with Retro refurb pete and I know its probably going to be here around the end of September, he did a great job of updating the order was made and shipped a few short days after I purchased I simply reached out and asked if they could update shipping and they did. I too get carried away with sellers not responding once the money has exchanged bank accounts but this guy has been dealing with the same situation as we all have this year and is still doing his very best to provide a service to his customer base no matter the issues with his country's currier services and ours here in the US.

I don't like the idea of someone making a carbon copy of my creative work but if they want to make their own rendering of my concept thats a form of flattery... I know in the past Pete had bally williams decals available but HE NOW has all
original concept work or updated original art for some data east machines from my estimation which is great for others who want to refurb their projects with high quality decals or even a set of art blades etc. I had to order his JP art blades because they are 100% the best resemblance art blades to sterns LE ONLY art blade but they updated it with the JP JEEP! Also had a nice set of premium sunset style blades which look very much the same as their LE style but just have the sunset style art seen on the premium cabinets... but I feel the LE style art with the rain and daylight aspects match the playfield better than the sunset look would have. But maybe I'll kick myself later on that one.

#113 3 years ago

Has the O.P. realized that his issue is with customs and society as a whole due to Covid 19? Has he realized his little temper tantrum worked as well as a broken condom? Whether any of us like Retro Refurbs or not, they were in the right to tell this jackalope to pound sand with his demands? Did the O.P. end up getting his order?

Hey , how about changing the title of this thread? What do you say there ferraristyle ?

1 week later
#114 3 years ago

I bought these two sets of side art on july 28th its been less than One month durring the worst pandemic the WORLD has seen in IDK how long and they managed to get these out within seven business days and thanks to his advice on making a claim to customs I had my side art within two business days of being released from customs! I saw it arrived at customs and I waited six business days then I opened the dispute stating it had been there for over a weeks time and then two days later BOOM! Im looking at it! Best side art for JP I'VE SEEN! I HAVE A PREM AND RETRO HAS A SUNSET PREM VERSION AS WELL BUT I FELT LIKE THE ORIGINAL VERSION LOOKED BEST WITH THE ART ON THE PLAYFIELD AND THE BACK BOARD ART WHERE THE TREX IS... May kick myself later now that I think of it, the sunset version looks awesome and I think looking at the side of the cabinet and the sunset side art would really look great. Either way I'M IN LOVE WITH THEIR WORK!!! I LOVE MY TRON ART AS WELL... I WILL GRAB MORE FROM THEM IN THE FUTURE 100% THEY ARE EASY TO DEAL WITH AND THEY DO THEIR JOB THE BEST THEY CAN, AND OWE NOBODY A REFUND FOR ANYTHING THEY CAN'T CONTROL.

20200825_162002 (resized).jpg20200825_162002 (resized).jpg
#115 3 years ago

RIGHT THEN!

3 months later
#116 3 years ago
Quoted from MUGEN_4_LIFE:

I bought these two sets of side art on july 28th its been less than One month durring the worst pandemic the WORLD has seen in IDK how long and they managed to get these out within seven business days and thanks to his advice on making a claim to customs I had my side art within two business days of being released from customs! I saw it arrived at customs and I waited six business days then I opened the dispute stating it had been there for over a weeks time and then two days later BOOM! Im looking at it! Best side art for JP I'VE SEEN! I HAVE A PREM AND RETRO HAS A SUNSET PREM VERSION AS WELL BUT I FELT LIKE THE ORIGINAL VERSION LOOKED BEST WITH THE ART ON THE PLAYFIELD AND THE BACK BOARD ART WHERE THE TREX IS... May kick myself later now that I think of it, the sunset version looks awesome and I think looking at the side of the cabinet and the sunset side art would really look great. Either way I'M IN LOVE WITH THEIR WORK!!! I LOVE MY TRON ART AS WELL... I WILL GRAB MORE FROM THEM IN THE FUTURE 100% THEY ARE EASY TO DEAL WITH AND THEY DO THEIR JOB THE BEST THEY CAN, AND OWE NOBODY A REFUND FOR ANYTHING THEY CAN'T CONTROL.
[quoted image]

I'm in the same boat ..how do i go about this claim. ? Orders Nov 16 and its just sitting there...

3 months later
#117 3 years ago

What do I do from here? Its been saying customs cleared for over 11 days. All I have is the parcel2Go tracking number, no USPS number.

2D852D5C-D41F-4794-99CD-8C2B578ACDE9 (resized).jpeg2D852D5C-D41F-4794-99CD-8C2B578ACDE9 (resized).jpeg
#118 3 years ago
Quoted from Wilberto757:

What do I do from here?

Nothing. It's probably just stuck somewhere.

5 months later
#119 2 years ago
Quoted from Wilberto757:

What do I do from here? Its been saying customs cleared for over 11 days. All I have is the parcel2Go tracking number, no USPS number.
[quoted image]

Quoted from ForceFlow:

Nothing. It's probably just stuck somewhere.

Yep. It sits in customs for awhile. I think mine sat there for over 3 weeks before an update.

2 months later
#120 2 years ago

I just had to file a PayPal claim to get my money back ordered stuff 3/4 weeks ago

No comms via phone and I try emailing them many times and that also got no responds.

DONT ORDER HERE!

#121 2 years ago
Quoted from AMSNL:

I just had to file a PayPal claim to get my money back ordered stuff 3/4 weeks ago
No comms via phone and I try emailing them many times and that also got no responds.
DONT ORDER HERE!

It takes a long time to arrive, especially depending on the destination country. I'd legitimately give it several more weeks. Also there may be a problem with customs - I've had things sit for weeks and customs was not able to get in touch with me because the shipper (not RetroRefurbs) put the wrong contact information. That was a nightmare. Anyway, it took 6 weeks once to get cabinet decals from Retro

#122 2 years ago

Yeah it’s not that I don’t want to wait but there is zero to F all comms with this company . And after just using the search on pinside also explains more then I hoped

#123 2 years ago

its strange that some companies have issues and others come right through, for instance, I bought a playfield protector from playfieldprotectors.com last month. I bought it while laying in bed tuesday night, it was delivered on my porch Friday. I wasnt expecting to see it until after the first of the year. Germany to Ohio in basically 2 days

#124 2 years ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

its strange that some companies have issues and others come right through, for instance, I bought a playfield protector from playfieldprotectors.com last month. I bought it while laying in bed tuesday night, it was delivered on my porch Friday. I wasnt expecting to see it until after the first of the year. Germany to Ohio in basically 2 days

Wow, what shipper did they use?

#125 2 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Wow, what shipper did they use?

UPS

3 months later
#126 2 years ago

Hi all,

Waiting for a response from Retrorefurbs on some decal artwork that still needs some final editing and some backbox angle placement tweaking for DE Simpsons so it's same as the old screen print.

Hopefully here somthing positive back soon.

Anyone else had somthing like this fixed up in the past with Retro?

Screenshot_20220317-181944_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220317-181944_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220317-182014_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220317-182014_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220320-192006_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220320-192006_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220320-192039_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220320-192039_Gallery (resized).jpg
Added over 2 years ago:

Response made and problem sorted. It was my email address auto deleting.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Riverside, CA
Machine - For Sale
Sturgeon Bay, WI
$ 83.00
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 126 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/beware-of-retro-refurbs-retrorefurbscom-/page/3?hl=acronymicon and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.