Topic Stats

• 441 posts
  • 138 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by robin
  • Topic is favorited by 49 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2C8FDB36-DA64-4AD1-A023-89498C17C354 (resized).jpeg
    50F9F4A8-FD72-4025-9600-40A89D8BA7AF.gif
    1EF9A1B0-C14C-401C-BB3E-C371D34CA515 (resized).jpeg
    449395FF-EB01-4625-9990-DD4FAAB81820 (resized).jpeg
    Image 2-15-21 at 8.18 PM (resized).jpeg
    A9822BF5-E379-4CD7-9020-5DF2848A0334 (resized).jpeg
    Columbo (resized).jpg
    IMG_2491 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20210215-093656_Chrome (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20210215-093808_Chrome (resized).jpg
    download.jpeg (resized).jpg
    D0B9F4B0-85B3-4752-9F9B-FC42309C0F4F.gif
    J_Demare_Fraud_case_2021 (resized).png
    Screen Shot 2021-02-14 at 9.53.19 PM (resized).png
    Image 2-14-21 at 4.29 PM (resized).jpeg
    Capture (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thechakapakuni.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#29 3 years ago

Looks like this guys MO is to take money for pinball games and make up ridiculous things to avoid delivering anything

Here is BBB with similar stories. In one response he uses Marxist tactics and says he can’t comment because he’s suing the customer for fraud. Wow! This guys is a real POS. Anybody that was robbed by this guy should also flood this site and file complaints so others know

https://www.bbb.org/us/fl/plantation/profile/wholesale-video-games/amusement-services-of-america-0633-90429527

If you haven’t already, I would contact your state DOJ/AG and FBI

Unreal

#33 3 years ago
    Quoted from bmegar:

Does anyone have the information on who to file the complaint to the local law enforcement agencies.As I mentioned earlier in the post I was also a victim of thief from ASOA and Jonathan.I believe this is a criminal case as there is others who have been scammed by ASOA

File a complaint with BBB. Then contact the DOJ there in Florida

https://www.justice.gov/usao-sdfl/contact-us

Also file a local police report

#36 3 years ago

You might file a complaint with Facebook as well, he’s got a site there

https://m.facebook.com/daniel.demare.90

#69 3 years ago
    Quoted from Dexter:

I personally have had a few transactions with Jonathan's company ASOA and all have turned out fine. I know the pandemic was hard on ASOA (as it was for many) but I am certain that Jonathan will make this right. I have met Jonathan in person and have broken bread with him. Bill - I think you are awesome as well and sorry that this is taking a long time on your end. I am confident this will have a happy ending.
    All the Best -
    Dex

Hey Dex. Since you have “broken bread” like biblical times with this guy, it sounds like you have a great relationship with him? Have you tried calling him to see when he’s going to pay these people back? That’s the first thing I would do if it were my friend. I definitely wouldn’t just pop into this thread saying I’ve had great dinner with this guy and he was awesome then peace out and good luck to everyone here. As a friend of his, wouldn’t you want to find out and report back here your findings?

#75 3 years ago
    Quoted from Dexter:

Listen I do speak with Jonathan and have good experiences with him in the past. I have not had a chance to talk to him about this. But I know ASOA is still in business and although times are tough right now I suggest anyone having an issue with this company should reach out to them. I know ASOA is no longer on Pinside so they would not be able to respond directly to this. I am not associated with this business - I just personally have had good experience with ASOA and Jonathan - I know others have too. That's all I have to say about this.

Then call him and let us know what’s going on? Can we count on you to do this?

#85 3 years ago
    Quoted from estrader:

Only reason this guy might be in”great distress” is he’s looking at real time if this moves forward. He’s probably busy scamming someone else to pay you the money he owes. He needs to learn a lesson and have time to reflect on his mistakes.
    What about the other people he’s scammed wonder how their families feel?

Exactly. And now the OP is drinking the cool-aid again. I wouldn’t defend this guy until he’s made good on EVERYONE he’s cheated. This guy is gonna bolt, mark my words. So if you are reading this Jonathan, best advice, even if you can’t pay it back rn now contact each person and send them all the money you can that you’ve taken and sign an iou to repay the rest. Otherwise I do know this will be your next 5-10 years. Once DOJ gets an indictment, and they will, there’s no negotiating anything. You will go to prison for 5+ years and then you will have to pay back all the money plus interest, lawyers fees, etc. which will be 10 fold. This is a fact. They will also extradite you anywhere in the world. So best you just man up and quit making this worse on yourself. What’s your freedom worth?

#91 3 years ago
    Quoted from Coindork:

Anybody wanna buy a bridge?
    I have several for sale.

Only if it’s all cash and all the money up front

#106 3 years ago
    Quoted from whthrs166:

Most likely scenario: he stalls for time and files for bankruptcy protection. Game over
    Not good.

Bankruptcy will not protect him from a criminal indictment. The DOJ will bootstrap the taxes due on the money he stole. Those taxes due are immune from bankruptcy. But I agree with you though, he’s buying time with some side scam. All the victims here should contact the DOJ regardless of what the OP does to put him on the radar. There’s enough here from the BBB report and others to get an indictment.

#168 3 years ago
    Quoted from Alamo_Pin:

I just texted Jonathan and asked him to come here and defend himself. Here was his text back to me:
    I'm not on pinside so I can't comment on that site. There is no theft. My company has been around for years selling games to the community. Hundreds of happy customers that unfortunately can't post because they are in fear of getting bashed. We are not going out of business and we have successfully completed almost all previous orders since our shutdown throughthe pandemic. I'm very sorry you feel we stole anything from anyone. Your order will be fulfilled just like we have always done in the past. We are sorry for the delay and we are working very hard to rectify all outstanding orders. You will receive an email with how we are going to proceed to fulfill or refund your order on Tuesday 2/16/21. We are available to discuss this situation and can walk you through the process of how we are moving forward. If you want to discuss via phone.
    Thank you,
    Amusement Services of America LLC.

So this confirms this guy is in complete denial. As I mentioned, his comments on BBB using classic Marxist tactics blaming the customer who he ripped off. Text book psycho scammer. If you have been ripped off by the guy, contact the Florida DOJ and let them know the entire list of people and estimated amount of money he stole. He won’t be able to play games with them. He’s going to drag you guys on

#169 3 years ago
    Quoted from eastthunderhead:

I’ll jump in as well. I’m paid up for a wonka LE, pre COVID. And he’s been dragging this along, similar never ending text conversation that goes no where. And I’m considering taking him to court as well. Especially now that I see how big this picture is. Feel free to PM me.

You guys need to group up and contact the DOJ as a group.

#267 3 years ago
    Quoted from crwjumper:

(Quoted from above)
    “what's a "contract" from a scammer worth? Sorry if I'm posting over and over.... just getting caught up on this interesting thread.”
    It’s a document that can be taken to court or shown to the D.O.J. If you want to have him arrested. Most of Jonathan’s deals were word of mouth. It’s also showing intent to pay. A huge move forward from what we have seen before.

Most of the deals you guys made were word of mouth? Iceman is involved? This thread is making my head spin. It’s like a Fkn Pinside Soap Opera. WTH guys?
    D0B9F4B0-85B3-4752-9F9B-FC42309C0F4F.gifD0B9F4B0-85B3-4752-9F9B-FC42309C0F4F.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thechakapakuni.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/beware-of-jonathan-demare-asoa?tu=thechakapakuni and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.