Topic Stats

• 441 posts
  • 138 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by robin
  • Topic is favorited by 48 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2C8FDB36-DA64-4AD1-A023-89498C17C354 (resized).jpeg
    50F9F4A8-FD72-4025-9600-40A89D8BA7AF.gif
    1EF9A1B0-C14C-401C-BB3E-C371D34CA515 (resized).jpeg
    449395FF-EB01-4625-9990-DD4FAAB81820 (resized).jpeg
    Image 2-15-21 at 8.18 PM (resized).jpeg
    A9822BF5-E379-4CD7-9020-5DF2848A0334 (resized).jpeg
    Columbo (resized).jpg
    IMG_2491 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20210215-093656_Chrome (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20210215-093808_Chrome (resized).jpg
    download.jpeg (resized).jpg
    D0B9F4B0-85B3-4752-9F9B-FC42309C0F4F.gif
    J_Demare_Fraud_case_2021 (resized).png
    Screen Shot 2021-02-14 at 9.53.19 PM (resized).png
    Image 2-14-21 at 4.29 PM (resized).jpeg
    Capture (resized).JPG

This topic is closed.

There are 441 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 9.
    #101 3 years ago

He’s just trying to buy time as the house of cards collapses.

Sickening.

People like this make it tough for those of us who have been doing this for 20 years while managing to somehow not scam anybody. Next time I sell a game i hope they haven’t been here lately, I’lm sure they’ll demand a polygraph and a series of offshore escrows.

#102 3 years ago

Over the years people have gotten very cavalier about prepaying on pinball machines and dont seem to think much of it.

In this case its likely just a middle man flipping games they dont own using customer money like a broker..

doesnt take much for that scenario to go wrong with few bad deals since there is no real biz or bank account to back it up.

#103 3 years ago

CRW is a class act all the way! He volunteers and helps us technically challenged pinsiders in the Tampa Bay Area dial in and fix all things mechanical . I believe in Karma and CRW has a lot of good Karma heading his way. He is very intelligent and after several positive transactions like so many other people ASOA has stolen from him. I hope all people are made whole but the hole is to deep and this is flat out criminal behavior!

#104 3 years ago

Most likely scenario: he stalls for time and files for bankruptcy protection. Game over
    Not good.

#105 3 years ago

I see 2 options. State or federal time. You seem to like this guy. Then let him try to get his life together by doing some federal time. (In case he has broken a federal law, crossing state lines, wire transfers, etc)

Me. I already don't like him. I would personally prefer him to do state time. His first BBB complaint appears to be in 2019. State time, state time, state time. With some county time pre trial hopefully.

#106 3 years ago
    Quoted from whthrs166:

Most likely scenario: he stalls for time and files for bankruptcy protection. Game over
    Not good.

Bankruptcy will not protect him from a criminal indictment. The DOJ will bootstrap the taxes due on the money he stole. Those taxes due are immune from bankruptcy. But I agree with you though, he’s buying time with some side scam. All the victims here should contact the DOJ regardless of what the OP does to put him on the radar. There’s enough here from the BBB report and others to get an indictment.

#107 3 years ago
    Quoted from thechakapakuni:

ankruptcy will not protect him from a criminal indictment. The DOJ will bootstrap the taxes due on the money he stole. Those taxes due are immune from bankruptcy. But I agree with you though, he’s buying time with some side scam. All the victims here should contact the DOJ regardless of what the OP does to put him on the radar. There’s enough here from the BBB report and others to get an indictment.

Yeah but that doesn't get anybody's money back. I don't know about you but knowing that the guy is rotting in jail ain't enough.

#108 3 years ago

It’s a good start.

#109 3 years ago

I just texted Jonathan and asked him to come here and defend himself. Here was his text back to me:

I'm not on pinside so I can't comment on that site. There is no theft. My company has been around for years selling games to the community. Hundreds of happy customers that unfortunately can't post because they are in fear of getting bashed. We are not going out of business and we have successfully completed almost all previous orders since our shutdown throughthe pandemic. I'm very sorry you feel we stole anything from anyone. Your order will be fulfilled just like we have always done in the past. We are sorry for the delay and we are working very hard to rectify all outstanding orders. You will receive an email with how we are going to proceed to fulfill or refund your order on Tuesday 2/16/21. We are available to discuss this situation and can walk you through the process of how we are moving forward. If you want to discuss via phone.

Thank you,
    Amusement Services of America LLC.

#110 3 years ago

You know what’s even better than a forthcoming email explaining how he’s going to refund the money he’s stolen?

A refund for the money he’s stolen.

I have confidence the email is forthcoming, so there’s that.

#111 3 years ago
    Quoted from Alamo_Pin:we are going to proceed to fulfill or refund your order on Tuesday 2/16/21.

so his appointment with his bankruptcy attorney must be Monday, 2/15/21.

#112 3 years ago
    Quoted from Alamo_Pin:

I'm not on pinside so I can't comment on that site. There is no theft. My company has been around for years selling games to the community. Hundreds of happy customers that unfortunately can't post because they are in fear of getting bashed. We are not going out of business and we have successfully completed almost all previous orders since our shutdown throughthe pandemic. I'm very sorry you feel we stole anything from anyone. Your order will be fulfilled just like we have always done in the past. We are sorry for the delay and we are working very hard to rectify all outstanding orders. You will receive an email with how we are going to proceed to fulfill or refund your order on Tuesday 2/16/21. We are available to discuss this situation and can walk you through the process of how we are moving forward. If you want to discuss via phone.

Thank you,

Well thats somethin... somethin close to nothin.

#113 3 years ago
    Quoted from crwjumper:

He may never change who he is. But I will never allow him to change who I am.

Quoted from Frippertron:

No offense meant, but this kind of sentiment is what makes you an easy mark for the grifters and con men of the world.

And makes it easier for the scammer to keep on scamming.

#114 3 years ago

I will make sure and keep y’all posted on the email that won’t be sent on Tuesday

#115 3 years ago
    Quoted from Alamo_Pin:

Hundreds of happy customers that unfortunately can't post because they are in fear of getting bashed.

Hundreds of Happy Customers.

ALL of them afraid to stand up for this guy.

But don't you worry. Refunds will be forthcoming. Also. Machines. So many machines.

#116 3 years ago
    Quoted from Alamo_Pin:

I just texted Jonathan and asked him to come here and defend himself. Here was his text back to me:
    Thank you,

I liked ASOA better when he was just a endless fountain of douche chills, and not a con man... and I never liked him to start with.

#117 3 years ago
    Quoted from Alamo_Pin:

I will make sure and keep y’all posted on the email that won’t be sent on Tuesday

I have a hunch you’ll get that email.

I’m sure it will detail the promising steps being taken to get you your money and your games.

That’s how this works. The reassuring texts and emails will be plentiful and bountiful.

#118 3 years ago
    Quoted from Alamo_Pin:

Thank you,

Bull shit.

#119 3 years ago
    Quoted from Alamo_Pin:

We are available to discuss this situation and can walk you through the process of how we are moving forward. If you want to discuss via phone.

Texas is a one party consent state so feel free to record the call.

#120 3 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I have a hunch you’ll get that email.
    I’m sure it will detail the promising steps being taken to get you your money and your games.
    That’s how this works. The reassuring texts and emails will be plentiful and bountiful.

yep, it'll have lots of promises and specific dates for you to anticipate, too.

#121 3 years ago

He’s made promises of similar emails in the past, which never came. Just like he’s made promises that my game would be be “shipping this week” on about ten different occasions.

#122 3 years ago
    Quoted from Yoko2una:

I liked ASOA better when he was just a endless fountain of douche chills, and not a con man... and I never liked him to start with.

How is it possible this guy turned out to be a worse seller than he was a poster?

And he was fuckin TERRIBLE poster.

#123 3 years ago

So he lives in plantation florida?

#124 3 years ago
    Quoted from lowbeau67:

So he lives in plantation florida?

He does.

#125 3 years ago

http://www.myfloridalegal.com/pages.nsf/Main/18A7753257FE439085256CC9004EC4F7

File a complaint with the Florida State Attorney Generals office.

#126 3 years ago

I always imagined he looked different ..

images (10) (resized).jpegimages (10) (resized).jpeg

He did talk a lot of shit..

#127 3 years ago
    Quoted from lowbeau67:

is that his 'Dialed In' 'Today's High Score' photo?

#128 3 years ago

As with all situations, there are people who have had positive experiences with ASOA, but these do not cancel out recent bad transactions. I was unaware of this situation so glad I stumbled upon thread. Sounds like this one gets deep quickly, meaning it has been brewing for awhile. Good luck and successful resolution for all.

#129 3 years ago
    Quoted from Alamo_Pin:

I'm not on pinside so I can't comment on that site. There is no theft.

"Just remember Jerry, it's not a lie if you believe it".

George Costanza

#130 3 years ago
    Quoted from jamesmc:

"Just remember Jerry, it's not a lie of you believe it".
    George Costanza

“Just remember Jerry, it's not a lie IF you believe it”

#131 3 years ago

jonathan, you better fix this sh!t...i'll let the whole cat out of this bag about your main source of machines, at least back in 2018.

seriously, i've spoken with you in person. and on the phone. but there's way too much going on here to ignore.

make a fake account for pinside. speak up. be heard.

#132 3 years ago
    Quoted from youdontknowme:

jonathan, you better fix this sh!t...i'll let the whole cat out of this bag about your main source of machines, at least back in 2018.
    seriously, i've spoken with you in person. and on the phone. but there's way too much going on here to ignore.

This idiot HAS A PINSIDE ACCOUNT. He just deactivated it when he started selling Alien and Big Lebowski machines that didn't exist in 2019. Would take him 3 seconds to re-activate it.

#133 3 years ago

I’m predicting a lot of pain for Jonathan.

#134 3 years ago
    Quoted from youdontknowme:jonathan, you better fix this sh!t...i'll let the whole cat out of this bag about your main source of machines, at least back in 2018.

Oooo...

#135 3 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

This idiot HAS A PINSIDE ACCOUNT. He just deactivated it when he started selling Alien and Big Lebowski machines that didn't exist in 2019. Would take him 3 seconds to re-activate it.

Any estimates of how many Alien and TBL machines were sold? Primary claim of $160k owed at $10k per game is 16 games. So maybe 30 games ???

#136 3 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

May take longer. Profile page says the account is temporarily suspended.

If this were Family Feud, I'd guess "thin air" and "his ass" would be top answers.

#137 3 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

a frozen account isn't from someone deactivating it, is it?

he's suspended.

i'm not a pinside regular. i just come here when i drink, and to defend against idiots that walk into my shop.

#138 3 years ago

a frozen account isn't from someone deactivating it, is it?
    he's suspended.
    i'm not a pinside regular. i just come here when i drink, and to defend against idiots that walk into my shop.

I think it's possible that change happened today, to stop him from scamming more pinsiders.

When I checked earlier on one of his old dumb posts it said "deactivated."

#139 3 years ago
    Quoted from lowbeau67:

[quoted image]
    He did talk a lot of shit..

Dana Carvey really let himself go.

#140 3 years ago

While I admire the OP’s sense of Christian charity in now wanting to give ASAO time to fix things up, the genie is now out of the bottle and can’t be put back in. The number of complaints on this thread alone confirms that.

My view is you have to be just as ruthless with these conmen as they are with you. And to make sure they can never pull these sort of swifties with anybody else ever again.

As one of many people who helped sort out the Bumper Action fiasco in Australia some years ago, here’s some of that back story. And some tips.

Bumper Action was a reputable Melbourne seller of pinball and arcade games. It was the original JJP distributor in Australia and took deposits on 76 WOZ pinballs in 2012.

Sometime afterwards, the ageing owner decided to sell. But he managed to pick three people who had no experience in the industry and, in the case of one, a conman who had already run two franchises into the ground leaving many investors and suppliers high and dry.

All was fine for a period until one day we were told Bumper Action was being restructured – and the more than $500k in WOZ deposits (and even some for The Hobbit) would be safe.

As it turned out, this was the prelude to a phoenixing operation, and it was quickly revealed the owners of the new Bumper Action would not honour our deposits.

The first call in the pinball community was to get lawyers involved, but that would have meant throwing good money after bad. So we took a two pronged approach; go after the original owner’s estate as there were certain debt guarantees written into the purchase contract with the new directors, and then smash their reputations.

Most people got their money back through a Victorian small claims tribunal. I don’t know what the federal or state arrangements are in the USA but I’m sure there’s an equivalent and the OP and others are on the job.

Once that process was put in place, we went after the reputations of the three directors. One, an elderly Canadian businessman who moved to Australia in the 1980s, was helpful to me and I saw him as a victim too. He lost a lot of money in the tribunal and from the eventual final collapse of Bumper Action.

The second, an Australian, was in my view nothing but a moron who had somehow inveigled his way onto the boards of four companies. As someone who spends his days trying to preserve the reputation of companies and the individuals who work for them, I also know how to destroy them.

I rang the Chairmen and CEOs of all four companies and told them the Bumper Action story, and said my next call would be to the media. Within weeks, this clown lost all four directorships.

Finally, the really bad guy, an American who had already ruined an Ed Hardy franchise in Australia and another company, and didn’t seem to care about anybody but himself. It was discovered he had applied for permanent residency in Australia, so I went to work with the Department of Immigration and the Minister’s office. Not only was that application rejected, but he was kicked out of Australia.

I’m sorry to say to my American friends, but he’s now living in LA. Although thankfully, he seems to have nothing to do with pinball.

And a few months later, 22 of the special “Rescue Editions” of WOZ arrived in Australia. I have number 22. Thanks especially to Jack and JJP, and Wayne at Mr Pinball.

Different country, different people and different circumstances, so I’m not sure what will work for you with ASAO.

But give this fellow an inch and he’ll take a mile. And he’ll do it again, and again, and again…

#141 3 years ago
    Quoted from Chambo:

While I admire the OP’s sense of Christian charity in now wanting to give ASAO time to fix things up, the genie is now out of the bottle and can’t be put back in. The number of complaints on this thread alone confirms that.
    My view is you have to be just as ruthless with these conmen as they are with you. And to make sure they can never pull these sort of swifties with anybody else ever again.
    As one of many people who helped sort out the Bumper Action fiasco in Australia some years ago, here’s some of that back story. And some tips.
    Bumper Action was a reputable Melbourne seller of pinball and arcade games. It was the original JJP distributor in Australia and took deposits on 76 WOZ pinballs in 2012.
    Sometime afterwards, the ageing owner decided to sell. But he managed to pick three people who had no experience in the industry and, in the case of one, a conman who had already run two franchises into the ground leaving many investors and suppliers high and dry.
    All was fine for a period until one day we were told Bumper Action was being restructured – and the more than $500k in WOZ deposits (and even some for The Hobbit) would be safe.
    As it turned out, this was the prelude to a phoenixing operation, and it was quickly revealed the owners of the new Bumper Action would not honour our deposits.
    The first call in the pinball community was to get lawyers involved, but that would have meant throwing good money after bad. So we took a two pronged approach; go after the original owner’s estate as there were certain debt guarantees written into the purchase contract with the new directors, and then smash their reputations.
    Most people got their money back through a Victorian small claims tribunal. I don’t know what the federal or state arrangements are in the USA but I’m sure there’s an equivalent and the OP and others are on the job.
    Once that process was put in place, we went after the reputations of the three directors. One, an elderly Canadian businessman who moved to Australia in the 1980s, was helpful to me and I saw him as a victim too. He lost a lot of money in the tribunal and from the eventual final collapse of Bumper Action.
    The second, an Australian, was in my view nothing but a moron who had somehow inveigled his way onto the boards of four companies. As someone who spends his days trying to preserve the reputation of companies and the individuals who work for them, I also know how to destroy them.
    I rang the Chairmen and CEOs of all four companies and told them the Bumper Action story, and said my next call would be to the media. Within weeks, this clown lost all four directorships.
    Finally, the really bad guy, an American who had already ruined an Ed Hardy franchise in Australia and another company, and didn’t seem to care about anybody but himself. It was discovered he had applied for permanent residency in Australia, so I went to work with the Department of Immigration and the Minister’s office. Not only was that application rejected, but he was kicked out of Australia.
    I’m sorry to say to my American friends, but he’s now living in LA. Although thankfully, he seems to have nothing to do with pinball.
    And a few months later, 22 of the special “Rescue Editions” of WOZ arrived in Australia. I have number 22. Thanks especially to Jack and JJP, and Wayne at Mr Pinball.
    Different country, different people and different circumstances, so I’m not sure what will work for you with ASAO.
    But give this fellow an inch and he’ll take a mile. And he’ll do it again, and again, and again…

If this “American” drove an Ed Hardy franchise into the ground he couldn’t be all bad!

#142 3 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

If this “American” drove an Ed Hardy franchise into the ground he couldn’t be all bad!

Some would argue he did us Aussies a public service in that regard!

#143 3 years ago

edit

#147 3 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I think it's possible that change happened today, to stop him from scamming more pinsiders.
    When I checked earlier on one of his old dumb posts it said "deactivated."

His account was active yesterday but it showed he hadn't logged in for a few months.

#148 3 years ago
    Quoted from crwjumper:

Thanks.
    The listed address is his P.O. Box.

1099 him all the funds you lost. The IRS will go after him! I use to settle bad debts this way.

Then contact your local FBI office to file a complaint against him. If you file a lawsuit and win. (And you probably will win) its a whole different story when trying to collect.

Or you can go the underground way and hire some cleaners on commission to collect for you

#149 3 years ago

oooh can I guess??

Betson?

There are 441 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 9.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/beware-of-jonathan-demare-asoa/page/3?hl=guitarded and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.