• Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

H5.jpg
twistr2.jpg
Screen Shot 2015-02-26 at 9.00.26 AM.png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider vdojaq.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#178 9 years ago

Ok , so I have a question. How many people have been able to return a Super Auctions machine after it has been described as a 100% working machine??? .....crickets.....

Now let me make a point as a seller of video games & pinballs on Ebay, Craigslist, and even all the way back to RGVAC. I want my buyer to be happy with their purchase. The machine is up and running, waiting for the buyer to arrive to be able to see, touch, inspect and play. I then help break down, stretch wrap, load, or whatever else they need.

If it is an Ebay auction, I am very careful with many pictures and best description I can provide. However, it is an auction, and the hammer price is the price, it's not open for ANY sort of renegotiation. If the buyer does not like it, simple, cancel the auction(has never happened). If I grossly missed something, then I offer to fix/replace and make it right.

If I just sold a Twister on Ebay for $2K, I can offer a red carpet for your arrival to play your new game. Bring your tech, bring your friend, bring your yoga instructor...whatever.

Seller OP, you shot yourself in the foot by moving it to "cold storage". For $2K, the guy should have been able to plug and play to confirm your 100%. As a seller, you have the most powerful tool if the buyer comes and nit picks....it's called the word NO. As in No Sale, No Discounts, or No Way.
You could have just offered to set it back up , let him play it, but been very firm that's it still $2k(if you were that confident it was 100%) or NO sale. I think you caused your own headaches with the buyer.

As for the Buyer.....he should have simply emailed that before he hands over $2K , he would like to confirm that the game plays as described. When you told him no, too bad, I have moved it already, he should have just said no thanks, keep it. All his other lawyer, tech, heated truck, breakfast and binding agreement crap was just the wrong reaction and quite over the top at that point. If it was his point to win the auction at any price, and then nit pick to get a lower price, well, it seems you dodged a major pain in the ass chiseler.

If your auction had stated as is, then you can put it in a shed for all I care(as a buyer), it's as is. The 100% is what got your auction to $2K, you should have been ready to back that up, especially since you are DEMANDING cash at pick up.

As for the automobile sales analogy....well, pinball machines do not have lemon laws, cars do. Any car dealership, used car dealer, or private sale worth a grain of salt will allow an independent inspection BEFORE the dotted line is signed and/or cash trades hands. If they do not, it's a red flag, it's not reputable place/person to buy a car. Now, if you fork over the cash and then take it to be inspected? GOOD LUCK with a return!!!

Auto auctions do not allow this..and lot's of people who think their auction purchase price was too good to be true often learn the hard way. But all auto auctions are strictly AS IS, all sales final.

#181 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

That aint the way it happened! E-bay auction means the game was purchased online. Done deal! Other routes may be different. But if an e-bay purchase goes sour, you should thank the seller for canceling the auction if he is willing to do so. I would.

Agree, but disagree. Seller would not accept paypal for an "online" transaction....CASH on pickup. If you expect cash, then the buyer better be able to have access to a power outlet.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 23.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Newcastle, OK
$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider vdojaq.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/beware-of-buyer-illinois-sega-twister-pinball-machine?tu=vdojaq and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.