Topic Stats

• 253 posts
  • 105 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by ricksgames
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

H5.jpg
twistr2.jpg
Screen Shot 2015-02-26 at 9.00.26 AM.png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider toddsvec.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7 3 years ago

I was just telling someone that often people post with a complaint and leave out details to make themselves look better. This is one of those times.

#11 3 years ago

If you called eBay and let them read the messages (assuming they were in the eBay system), tell them it was never paid for or even looked at prior to the negative feedback, someone reasonable might remove it. If it means anything to ya.

#67 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I think the only thing we can all agree on is that eBay is just awful now.

Huh? eBay had nothing to do with this.... OH YOU'RE RIGHT, BURN IN HELL EBAY!!!!

#93 3 years ago
Quoted from Jdawg4422:

SEE thats it!! You can not do that on ebay!

You certainly "can"! And people do. Just because it's against some rule doesn't mean it can't happen.

#154 3 years ago
Quoted from Code_Blue:

But if the buyer paid in cash then he is going against ebay rules. Even if you pick up in person you must still pay through ebay/paypal.

Totally incorrect. TOTALLY. Sellers have to offer PayPal *or* some type of credit card, but they are not banned against taking cash.

#163 3 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

He was not afraid of paying cash until he was told that he would have to buy the game without being allowed to turn it on.

Wait now, that's not right. The listing said "If picking up in person this item MUST be payed for in cash at pickup.....NO EXCEPTIONS!". The pushy buyer said he'd pay PayPal so he'd have protection, which to me as a seller would indicate if there was a light bulb out, he'd file a claim.

For me I'd not hand the cash over until I saw the game running and in great shape. As many have pointed out this transaction could have gone a lot differently, but it's not as simple as the seller demanding cash and refuses to let the buyer power on the game. It never got so far as they were in the same room. Buyer was pushy and demanding, literally threatening, and the seller so "bite me".

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider toddsvec.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside