• Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

H5.jpg
twistr2.jpg
Screen Shot 2015-02-26 at 9.00.26 AM.png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider classiccoinop.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

I heard there was a thread posted about me on this website, so I figured since there was a public opinion being formed about me I might as well present my side so you would have all the facts. I sold a Twister pinball on Ebay. The winning bidder was Mlaka1….Mike Laka in Illinois. He is about an 1 ½ hours away from my location so I figured it would be a pick up. Here is his first correspondence with me:

“I won the auction and would like to pick up the machine on Friday. Please be sure that everything is working 100% as I will personally go through the entire machine and run through all of the system tests as well.”

I didn’t like the aggressive tone of the email but regardless, I explained that during the last part of the auction (since I had no requests to come view or test the pinball) it had been moved to cold storage with no power or heat. Since he couldn’t test the machine I offered to cancel the auction. Here is his response:

“Unfortunately, it's a legally binding contract.

I have a heated box truck that I can put the machine in and lock up and leave at your storage facility. The truck will go up to 90 degree's with heat and it has full power to run 10 machines simultaneously. I will go out to breakfast and then when I come back in an hour, we'll plug it in and go through it. If it isn't working 100%, I am confident you understand that we'll need to deduct the non working items from the price.”

Am I really going to leave my machine in some guy’s truck for an hour? Really? And bringing any game up from 20 degrees to room temperature in an hour is asking for trouble, let alone a game that is 20 years old. So I say no…and again I offer to cancel the auction. Nope, he was not willing to cancel the auction…so the correspondence goes on that again he’ll show up with a heated box truck and now he’ll send his “tech” guys down to test it. Then he tells me his is going to pay by PayPal so PayPal can guarantee the purchase. I told him Paypal payment would be immediately refunded. Here is my last correspondence directly from him:

“In the state of Indiana, this is a legally binding contract. I'm going to contact my attorney and see what legal rights I have because I want the machine for what I won the auction for. I'm also contacting ebay to see what they can do to assist. At this time, I can not allow the auction to be cancelled. "

I'll follow up once I have my attorney and/or ebay have returned with my legal rights to this matter.”

Wow..really? Your attorney? Now remember, prior to the end of this auction I had no contact from this buyer. No questions, no requests for additional pictures, no requests to come view and test…nothing. He then goes on ebay and LIES and marks the item as “payment sent” JUST so he can leave me bad feedback. In the negative feedback he FRAUDULENTLY states the machine is not working. For the record the game is working 100%. He had never seen the machine; there has been NO money that ever changed hands; I never misrepresented the item; and understood his frustration at not being able to test. Nope, not good enough for him. Any sellers out there, stay away from this guy! He will just cause you problems! We all know how nit-pickers can be. They bid a crazy amount on an auction only to come nit pick every aspect at pick-up to knock down the price and to make sure a real customer has no chance of getting it. I’ve had a few of these guys over 20 years of dealing with coin-op equipment. But the vast majority of my sales and purchases have been cordial and my many repeat customers have been satisfied.

#200 9 years ago

Now that this discussion had died down, I thought I would just make one last post to thank everyone for taking the time to read my rebuttal to the “BUYERS” OP. I have read through all the postings on both threads and I think a lot of you totally understand what happened. Could I have been more cooperative? Perhaps. However my intent is not to defend myself on this particular transaction, but to present both sides of the story and to show how quickly this transaction went south. All this correspondence between me and the potential buyer happened in a matter of hours. If the buyer was that concerned about me being shady he should have been happy I cancelled the auction. Instead he chose to slander me in a public forum and make fraudulent statements to ebay. I just want any sellers out there to be warned that doing business with Mike Laka may be more of a problem then it is worth. I am left dealing with fraudulent feedback on ebay, a flat out LIE that he sent payment for the item, and cancelling an auction so I don’t get hit with fees on a sale that never happened. I have been selling for many years and rarely are my games not available to test….but occasionally they need to be moved to "cold storage". If I post any games on here for sale or trade, I will make sure they are available to test.

#247 9 years ago

I really was not going to pipe in on this again as I was just posting so you had both sides of the story. However, I found this a bit amusing and had to share if you hadn't already seen it.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wanted-wizard-of-oz

Anybody got a WOZ to sell?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Newcastle, OK
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 23.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider classiccoinop.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/beware-of-buyer-illinois-sega-twister-pinball-machine?tu=classiccoinop and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.