• Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

H5.jpg
twistr2.jpg
Screen Shot 2015-02-26 at 9.00.26 AM.png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pubaw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#137 9 years ago
Quoted from jcar302:

I'm kinda leaning towards blaming both guys.
The cold storage and can't play it is pretty stupid. I've played pins in freezing garages before. Seemed to bother me a lot more than the machine.
I'd even be curious as to why the hell someone would move a pin to cold storage in the middle of an auction. An auction is what between 1 and 9 days? Not really that long to keep it where it is.
The buyer on the other hand should have just walked to begin with, why make a fuss over a pin not really competitively priced and honestly not that popular? I think due diligence before bidding would have went a long way in avoiding this headache.
I have mixed feelings about the whole bringing a tech thing and machine being 100%. I think if you look hard enough most pins probably have something wrong. I think the level of broken is important, bulbs out, switch adjustment I think that is part of this hobby. So i'd overlook those things.
I'd hope an honest seller would run the diagnostic tests for a buyer if they didn't know how. Then again not sure who sells something claiming it's 100% at a location it can't be tried.
Maybe it's because everything I sell is somehow personal, but I like the people I sell things to feel good about what they are buying so I can feel good about selling it and spending the money. My rule usually is, if you come and see it and you don't think I've described it right we just go our separate ways. Then again, I usually list things slightly below market value to prevent tire kicking.

This is really a great post! It is exactly how I feel as well. Also, I try to conduct myself the exact same way as you described for yourself when selling pins. Again, great post!

#191 9 years ago

Someone said do not use ebay. I do not agree with that. A few years ago I bought my Dredd off ebay. It was from a guy named Barry in New Jersey and is a person many people do not like. I did it anyway because the pics looked good and he seemed sincere on the phone. Received the pin and the mechanism for locking the back glass was gone and the DMD was missing a line. I phoned and emailed Barry and he said, "Go buy a new DMD and lock and send me the bill. Is that acceptable to you?" I said "sure". Bought a DMD for $155 and lock thingy for $5. He credited me $160. I paid $1,800 shipped to my door in Michigan before the credit.

Ebay worked fine for me. It depends on both the buyer and the seller being reasonable to each other when/if an issue arises. If either one blows their top or cops an attitude then things get crazy. It takes both parties to simply be fair to each other and then topics like this do not end up here on Pinside lol.

#194 9 years ago
Quoted from sturner:

You can't expect someone to pay for a machine in cash without testing it. Buyer has no recourse if things go south.

My post, a lil above yours, I was explaining that IMO the buyer can buy without testing and still have recourse. I did anyways. I know what you are saying though...there really is no guarantee and maybe I was lucky. Either way it really depends on both sides of the issue being mature and working together in a calm type manner. It does happen that way but room for improvement still exists around the world

#201 9 years ago

Nice finishing post Classic! Very mature and professional.

#231 9 years ago
Quoted from pmWolf:

Holy smokes.
Great research...really.

I agree! It really brings things into the light! GJ to digging that feedback stuff up!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Newcastle, OK
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pubaw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/beware-of-buyer-illinois-sega-twister-pinball-machine?tu=Pubaw and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.