(Topic ID: 92134)

Beware Midnight Madness.....Friend or Foe?

By Shoot_Again

9 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

First time for everything so the other night a friend was over playing JM in which I have Midnight Madness enabled on. He was in the middle of a ball and got into the glove and plopped the ball down in Video mode. Sweet one more extra ball to crack the GC score. He was finishing wave 1 with 2 more guys in a corner and some seconds still remaining. Then Midnight Madness hit; it launched the balls loose from the upper PF and started his multiball. Only one small problem all the balls are falling down the drain as the flippers were both deactivated. I glanced down to check if the coin door was ajar. Nope ball ended after ball save and so many balls just went straight down the drain. Next ball started everything is normal. so it gave him multi ball only to make him watch them all drain and it stopped him from getting extra ball which would have finally cracked PDX Monkeys GC score which sadly is still standing.

Do you have a Midnight Madness Horror story? Please share it below.

#2 9 years ago

Ironically he wins the unofficial title of master of power down

#3 9 years ago

I had JM reboot on the start of power down. "that's it?!?"

#4 9 years ago

No horror story, but the first time it happened to me it freaked me out. At the time I did not know what midnight madness was and I thought my game was malfunctioning. If I remember correctly it was a game on my TOM and it wasn't even midnight (clock not set correctly)...

#5 9 years ago

Same response the first time I completed CV

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.00
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods

Boards
Slap Save Creations

3,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
$ 63.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 37.50
€ 150.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pin-Decals

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 22.50
Machine - For Sale
Oakley, CA
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
New Castle, CO
Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/beware-midnight-madnessfriend-or-foe and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.