CAWdtQYUcAAdVBL (resized).jpg
20180831_173315 (resized).jpg
joust_temp-479x800 (resized).png
popcorn (resized).png
PO_Joust CPR (resized).png
2018-07-05 12.43.12 (resized).jpg
#1 5 years ago

Hi All,

CPR is using a picture of my playfield on their website to announce their Joust playfields. They did never ask for permission. Beside the fact that it is illegal to use copyright pictures without permission it shows how desperate they are. Please note the unique shooter wood pattern of the playfield. There is no doubt that they took my picture and used photoshop to get rid of my logo and background.

Unbelievable!!!

Pics of my original image and the CPR website image are attached.

Regards,
Mirco

2018-07-05 12.43.12 (resized).jpg2018-07-05 12.43.12 (resized).jpgPO_Joust CPR (resized).pngPO_Joust CPR (resized).png
#2 5 years ago

If you really wanted to have a turf war with cpr, try having a price war.

#3 5 years ago

This is going to get good.

popcorn (resized).pngpopcorn (resized).png

#4 5 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

If you really wanted to have a turf war with cpr, try having a price war.

or better yet... please sit down with them and start talking about who will do what game for these rare titles.

Seems really stupid to be duplicating efforts on rare games where the total sales are likely 40-60 pfs. Better off spending the time on title that the other is not going to do rather than this silly petty stuff.

IN this case, CPR was clearly taking names and planning interest for years so I give the nod to them.

#5 5 years ago

Exactly, I never understood why 2 companies would be reproducing the same product. Get over it and come to agreement!!

#6 5 years ago

The surface exposed by the ball troughs is a dead giveaway.

#7 5 years ago

I actually like the options these days.
Sometimes one company does a better job than the other,runs of stock dry up etc.
I understand the frustration by the manufacturer when efforts are duplicated but it pushes the quality up because instead of simply making the playfield there is more incentive to make the best version of it.

#8 5 years ago

This is not a question of who can do which title. This is stealing a competitor's picture for own promotion. If it takes years to make something the situation is no surprise if someone else is faster. There will be more titles like this coming up...

#10 5 years ago

Whoever can get some Centaur playfields made will get my money.

#11 5 years ago
Quoted from High_End_Pins:

I actually like the options these days.
Sometimes one company does a better job than the other,runs of stock dry out etc.
I understand the frustration by the manufacturer when efforts are duplicated but it pushes the quality up because instead of simply making the playfield there is more incentive to make the best version of it.

I would much rather have 2x as many pfs to choose from. Esp when we are talking rare games.

Would rather have a nice Barracora, Alien Star, Star Light, HMM, Radical, Embryon, 9 ball, ...

#12 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I would much rather have 2x as many pfs to choose from. Esp when we are talking rare games.
Would rather have a nice Barracora, Alien Star, Star Light, HMM, Radical, Embryon, 9 ball, ...

I think ultimately it will help enable that as well as these guys try to beat each other to the market.
Having a single source for anything rarely is a permanent solution.

#13 5 years ago

If anyone wants a specific playfield and has a good master to work with please email me as I did not choose which games to do after the currently in production ones...

#14 5 years ago

Somebody get Highclasspinball an Embryon playfield!
-Mike

#15 5 years ago

I'd love to see Sorcerer done. Its been on CPRS list for years now.

#16 5 years ago
Quoted from Highclasspinball:CPR is using a picture of my playfield on their website to announce their Joust playfields.

Where did you see your pictures on their website?

I only see one Joust pic on CPR, and it looks like a Maple shooterlane:

joust_temp-479x800 (resized).pngjoust_temp-479x800 (resized).png
#17 5 years ago

BEWARE!

#18 5 years ago
Quoted from Highclasspinball:

Pics of my original image and the CPR website image are attached.

I also dont see your image anywhere on CPR website???

#19 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Where did you see your pictures on their website?
I only see one Joust pic on CPR, and it looks like a Maple shooterlane:[quoted image]

It looks like CPR just flipped the switch over to their new site. The image was probably a thumbnail on their old site.

#20 5 years ago
Quoted from High_End_Pins:

I think ultimately it will help enable that as well as these guys try to beat each other to the market.
Having a single source for anything rarely is a permanent solution.

Boy, you aren't kidding. Can we say "ramps" ?

You want a ramp that hasn't been made yet? Well, good thing dreams don't cost anything.

#21 5 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

It looks like CPR just flipped the switch over to their new site. The image was probably a thumbnail on their old site.

Even looking at the Wayback Machine, I'm not seeing that image on the old site either :

https://web.archive.org/web/20180817205608/http://classicplayfields.com/order.html

#22 5 years ago

" I Hunger"

Sorry could not resist.

#23 5 years ago
20180831_173315 (resized).jpg20180831_173315 (resized).jpg
#24 5 years ago

They did just replace it...

#25 5 years ago

Looks like it was just an example of a bare playfield used as a placeholder for the production line? Probably just googled it and found your pic. BFD

Maybe you should focus more on making a quality product thats clearcoat doesnt chip and peel rather than trolling a good companies website?

#26 5 years ago
Quoted from chad:

" I Hunger"
Sorry could not resist.

Sinistar!

#27 5 years ago

If the pic was an accident- why was my logo removed with photoshop?!?!

#28 5 years ago

BEWARE is right! Chilling to think what might happen to us because of this!

#29 5 years ago
Quoted from jbhc:

Looks like it was just an example of a bare playfield used as a placeholder for the production line? Probably just googled it and found your pic. BFD
Maybe you should focus more on making a quality product thats clearcoat doesnt chip and peel rather than trolling a good companies website?

That's actually pretty funny. While Mirco PF's aren't perfect neither are CPR's. I put them both on the same level after the swaps I've personally done.

#30 5 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

That's actually pretty funny. While Mirco PF's aren't perfect neither are CPR's. I put them both on the same level after the swaps I've personally done.

Making perfect playfields is hard. Thus the prices are justified.

#31 5 years ago

No offense Mirco but you guys have been second fiddle to CPR for years, you should be honored they used anything from you! Besides you guys both suck at clear coating so you have that in common.
CAWdtQYUcAAdVBL (resized).jpgCAWdtQYUcAAdVBL (resized).jpg

Aww the truth hurts don't it, Mirco using 5 layered wood playfields when the industry standard has been 7 layers for like 20 years, too hard of a clear coat (ceramic enamel) now reporting chips and cracking and no quality control on their printing with all kinds of flaws and misalignment who knows what you'll actually receive. I know my High Speed playfield I got from you guys was so flawed I had to get rid of it, even after I re-cleared it. A huge waste of time, see pic white background showing threw a lot of misaligned keylines around the inserts, I just couldn't live with it.

CPR at least will let you know if your getting a Gold, Silver or Bronze my only gripe with them is that there using that soft urethane clear coat that wears fast and is so susceptible to dimpling because they can actually warranty it. But that's no big deal I'll sand that down and shoot SM2K right over it and come out with a jem.
12204657_10208593836907513_1972587587_n.jpg12204657_10208593836907513_1972587587_n.jpg

#33 5 years ago

Both CPR and Mirco need to sit down and have long dinner.
Agree, who will make what.
We just dont need 400 Joust playfields.
Same with several other titles.
Theres room enough for both of you. But why waste money and resources and stockpile excess playfields?
By the way, i have access to 3 Jousts locally, and none of them need a playfield.

#34 5 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

By the way, i have access to 3 Jousts locally, and none of them need a playfield

Two here in St. Louis and neither one needs a new playfield.

#35 5 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

By the way, i have access to 3 Jousts locally, and none of them need a playfield.

Quoted from DennisDodel:

Two here in St. Louis and neither one needs a new playfield.

No one ever played them.

#36 5 years ago
Quoted from gmkalos:

No offense Mirco but you guys have been second fiddle to CPR for years, you should be honored they used anything from you! Besides you guys both suck at clear coating so you have that in common.
[quoted image]
Aww the truth hurts don't it, Mirco using 5 layered wood playfields when the industry standard has been 7 layers for like 20 years, too hard of a clear coat (ceramic enamel) now reporting chips and cracking and no quality control on their printing with all kinds of flaws and misalignment who knows what you'll actually receive. I know my High Speed playfield I got from you guys was so flawed I had to get rid of it, even after I re-cleared it. A huge waste of time, see pic white background showing threw a lot of misaligned keylines around the inserts, I just couldn't live with it.
CPR at least will let you know if your getting a Gold, Silver or Bronze my only gripe with them is that there using that soft urethane clear coat that wears fast and is so susceptible to dimpling because they can actually warranty it. But that's no big deal I'll sand that down and shoot SM2K right over it and come out with a jem.
[quoted image]

I would take a mirco over cpr gold any day of the week.

#37 5 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

I would take a mirco over cpr gold any day of the week.

Good for you, I wouldn't and haven't since.

59.JPG59.JPG

33 (resized).JPG33 (resized).JPG

#38 5 years ago

Bastards.

#39 5 years ago

I wish somebody would start a fight over getting Gorgar to market.

#40 5 years ago

That is pretty obviously your image.

Beat them on price and quality. Competition and choice can only be a good thing!! I’m shopping around for an Addams playfield and I like that I have several options right now.

#41 5 years ago

I have a suggestion for both parties

Join forces & make a boatload of Pinbot PF’s then convince CGC to make their next game Pinbot.

#42 5 years ago

The copyright is Licensed by pps not Mirco or cpr
They are made as a contract manufacturer not a licensee to pps

So you can't claim copyright on artwork neither cpr or Mirco own

#43 5 years ago
Quoted from Ballypinball:

The copyright is Licensed by pps not Mirco or cpr
They are made as a contract manufacturer not a licensee to pps
So you can't claim copyright on artwork neither cpr or Mirco own

Product photos are protected by copyright in the US.

How that category of works is specifically treated in other countries, I have no idea.

#44 5 years ago

Pinball festivals and expos around the USA have given new life to the 2-player head-to-head type games like Joust and others.
They are a blast to play a few games against your pinball buddies.
I would imagine that nicely restored Joust pinball machines brought to TPF and other shows could win "best _" awards.

#45 5 years ago
Quoted from Highclasspinball:

If anyone wants a specific playfield and has a good master to work with please email me as I did not choose which games to do after the currently in production ones...

Can anyone point me to the ones currently in production?

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/beware-cpr-uses-mircoplayfields-joust-playfield-image-on-website-?hl=jamesmc and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.