Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 62 posts
  • 30 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by dothedoo
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz (resized).jpg
    2hv4l5 (resized).jpg
    Xenon Playfield Preorder Page (resized).png
    FA0650F9-01D6-42CA-BCFC-1F442BAB3A88 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider squeakman.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#15 5 years ago

This exact same thing happened to me with the first run Whirlwind playfield. Never heard from them. I messaged them and got the we don't have any more left reply. I ended up getting one, but it was a bronze version(that does look fantastic btw) because I spoke up they found me one. But for waiting for years for a playfield and then to get a bronze and then almost not one at all is just bad business imo. Why can Mirco bang out playfield after playfield in short amounts of time and always have them in stock and we still have to deal with CPR's horrible business model? I've been waiting for a Sorcerer playfield for years now and I wonder if they will really ever do it. I wish Mirco would bang them out and just be done with it. We won't even comment on the Joust playfield fiasco. I will say though, I have bought several items from them and I personally have found the quality to be good.

#40 5 years ago
    Quoted from snyper2099:

OP
    Quoted from pookycade:
    And yeah I know with posting this I’ll get banned here from CPR. And I’ll be told that I have no right to call them out.
    Banned in what way? This confuses me. You didn't get what you were expecting. You seemed a little paranoid here.

Because if you talk against CPR they might not sell to you. Its kind of like their little dust up with Mirco. If you buy his Joust playfield you can't have plastics or anything else we make for it. Its not Mircos fault CPR sits on playfield lists for years on end and he can whip them out in months.

#47 5 years ago
    Quoted from j_m_:

I've not an advocate for either party, but nowhere did anyone from CPR state if you purchase the playfield from Mirco would you not be allowed to purchase the plastics from CPR

If you look back at the Banzai Run or Joust playfield threads it is implied that CPR threatened to not sell plastics and other products if they bought Mircos playfield. I have nothing against CPR personally, but I do have a huge problem with their inability to get products out. Mirco doesn't seem to need preorder lists and can make playfields in months rather than years. And he always seems to keep stock of everything. Someone please set me straight and help me understand why CPR can't do the same? apparently Mirco was thinking about doing the upper playfield for Banzai Run since CPR has said they aren't running it. We will see how that goes. This is all just stuff I have read in threads, but it was implied, but not said that CPR wouldn't sell other products to persons buying the Mirco Joust playfield.

#49 5 years ago
    Quoted from BC_Gambit:

How would they even know who bought the other playfield?

I think you have to buy all pieces or nothing? Not sure.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider squeakman.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/beware-cpr-preorder-lists-?tu=squeakman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.