Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 62 posts
  • 30 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by dothedoo
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz (resized).jpg
    2hv4l5 (resized).jpg
    Xenon Playfield Preorder Page (resized).png
    FA0650F9-01D6-42CA-BCFC-1F442BAB3A88 (resized).png
    There are 62 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 5 years ago

My summary to Kevin was as follows:
    1) you have an email list of who preordered the playfield. If you aren’t intending to ship at the very least have the courtesy to email saying so.
    2) apologies go a long way for any business screwup - I haven’t gotten one so far
    3) your email list by the time you go into production is 2 years old. If you are worried about having extras at the end then email people to confirm before you go into production
    4) a simple $100 deposit can ensure you aren’t stuck with extra product. By this time we trust we are going to get what we ordered or get refunded eventually
    5) running a good business is about good communication, setting customer expectations, and then apologies when you fall short. CPR falls short on all counts here.
    6) blaming your customers for all of CPRs problems is taking the easy way out and not productive in the long run.

I get that with all the crap sent his way that he feels under siege. But for now they are their own worst enemy. If the choice is between them staying in business or pissing me off then them staying in business is the better option. But it’s a false choice due to their chosen approach to how they run this business. It doesn’t have to be this way.

#52 5 years ago
    Quoted from Squeakman:

I think you have to buy all pieces or nothing? Not sure.

that makes absolutely no sense at all. for the joust playfield plastics, the only thing that you have to purchase is a complete set. we did not create the files to produce the aprons separately (which are what a few people asked for along with having an option to produce them with the original blue/red vs. black/red colors

jim smith and I were responsible for the repro joust plastics. kevin and mike were gracious enough to produce them for us when the local printer didn't work out. history can be found here:
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gauging-interest-williams-joust-playfield-plastics

edit:
    I believe that the collusion confusion came from hilton's post which stated:
    "They sent an email to everyone on the committed list with details of what the are offering and to me the choice is clear, esp if you want plastics and aprons for your joust."
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cpr-making-joust-playfields-sign-up-now#post-4480111

and I believe that what he meant was that given that CPR are producing both the playfields and re-running the plastics, it made sense to purchase them at the same time from the same company (but I'll let him chime in to verify his statement

#53 5 years ago

yeah, choice is still clear.

If you are restoring a joust, CPR is the company to support.

They have been supporters of the game for years now and while slow to production, they are committed.
    I will be buying a full combo set of everything they offer to restore my game.

I am not sure why anyone would support the other company on this one.

#54 5 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

yeah, choice is still clear.
    If you are restoring a joust, CPR is the company to support.
    They have been supporters of the game for years now and while slow to production, they are committed.
    I will be buying a full combo set of everything they offer to restore my game.
    I am not sure why anyone would support the other company on this one.

So I entirely agree. I will continue to support CPR and continue to buy their products (when they actually decide they will ship me something). They have done so much for the hobby. They sure as hell have done more than I will ever do.

But they can improve here ALOT. And to do so they don’t even have to make huge changes. Just little ones, if really important ones. I know they care, and that was evident in Kevin’s long response to me. If you didn’t care you wouldn’t respond. I am just trying to get them from a mode of “assign blame” to make the customer experience better (within reason). Whether they do so or not is entirely up to them.

#55 5 years ago

I've had nothing but good results from cpr when ordering on the pre order system. There communication is very lacking and they need to step up there game and try to communicate with there customers better. What's odd is that cpr has not responded to this thread and gave us there side of the story. It seems they dont want to comment for some reason. I've been on the banzai run list for a very long time and have never got a email back from them that I was on the list. Only time will tell if I get one. I'm going with the op on this and they should have let everyone on the list that there may not be enough to go around. This would have let them prepare to make other arrangements if needed. Good luck to anyone on pre order lists after reading this.

#56 5 years ago
    Quoted from metahugh:

So you committed to buying a playfield and backed out?

Yes. I committed THREE YEARS AGO. Pin is gone. Time is a constant...pinball collection is not.

I watched the open preorder list show closed later, no email, no response to my emails to them. Moved on.

CPR was the game in town, had their shot, now others are doing better ( Mirco responds in a day), so I won’t do business with them again. UNLESS communication improves.

#57 5 years ago

I don't know guys, I send my pre-order emails, a few years latter I get an email asking for payment, a few days latter I got my playfields at my door.

If I sell the game between the first two events, I buy it anyway, clear it, and sell it to someone in need.

It's not perfect, but pretty easy.

-

It's too bad that the "made to order" system is coming up, it kind of takes the fun out of waiting.

#58 5 years ago
    Quoted from underlord:

Yes. I committed THREE YEARS AGO. Pin is gone. Time is a constant...pinball collection is not.
    I watched the open preorder list show closed later, no email, no response to my emails to them. Moved on.
    CPR was the game in town, had their shot, now others are doing better ( Mirco responds in a day), so I won’t do business with them again. UNLESS communication improves.

Oh I understand. I have bought many fields from CPR over the years and most I sold the game or didn't find one by the time the PF became available. I think I was on the TOTAN preorder list for three years before it was released.

I just see your preorder as your word. They counted on your purchase when buying the materials and planning to make the fields. Then you backed out. What does that have to do with communication? You know how they work and that it can take years for a field to be produced.

I made the mistake of putting my name on the list for fields that in the end I didn't really want more times than I would like, but that isn't CPR's fault. That was on me so when the time came to pay, I paid for the fields I committed to buy when I dropped my name in the hat.

#59 5 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

I don't know guys, I send my pre-order emails, a few years latter I get an email asking for payment, a few days latter I got my playfields at my door.
    If I sell the game between the first two events, I buy it anyway, clear it, and sell it to someone in need.
    It's not perfect, but pretty easy.
    -
    It's too bad that the "made to order" system is coming up, it kind of takes the fun out of waiting.

Pretty easy IF they actually contact you. I have a couple of the Playboy playfields also on pre-order. God only knows whether I will get them or not. I'm guessing not.

I don't know why Kevin hasn't responded here. He went after claims of bad playfields in a heartbeat yesterday. I guess if someone was unfairly maligning my product I'd do the same. I suppose the difference here is I'm not really trying to malign them, and the facts are on my side on this one. I am just criticizing their communication, which has pretty much not been good for a while.

#60 5 years ago
    Quoted from pookycade:

Pretty easy IF they actually contact you. I have a couple of the Playboy playfields also on pre-order. God only knows whether I will get them or not. I'm guessing not.

I've got 2 on order also.

If I don't get them, I'll order a "on demand" printed one or just restore a few Playboy playfields the old fashion way.

Quoted from pookycade:

I don't know why Kevin hasn't responded here.

He only responds to threads pointed out to him

He does not sit around reading Pinside like the rest of us dorks

#61 5 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

He only responds to threads pointed out to him

I’m sure he’s reading this.

There are 62 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/beware-cpr-preorder-lists-/page/2?hl=jodyg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.