Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 62 posts
  • 30 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by dothedoo
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz (resized).jpg
    2hv4l5 (resized).jpg
    Xenon Playfield Preorder Page (resized).png
    FA0650F9-01D6-42CA-BCFC-1F442BAB3A88 (resized).png

There are 62 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 5 years ago

So I put my name on the Xenon preorder list in February 2017 before they began the latest run. Let me be clear, this was not a “leftovers” situation. It was not moved into production yet, and it was over a year until it moved off the preorder list and into production. Find out it finally made it out several weeks ago. Waiting for the standard notification and it never came. Messaged Kevin and guess what ... they sold out. Now rather than say “Yeah man we had several people like you because, boy, we’ve been burned lately with way too many playfields left over”. Nope. Instead I’m told that well some people put their name on that list in 2015 and 2016. But have no fear they are moving to a new model where we can order it anytime. In 2019 .... maybe.

Look CPR is to be highly praised because before them there was nothing. And yes when they get stuck with a ton of extra playfields it makes their business less viable. So I get it. But to try to gaslight people that you might be on a waiting list for 18 months, but if there are others in front of you, and since we don’t plan to make the complete waitlist run, you kinda might be outta luck. Well I call total BS on this. I just want everyone to be aware if you are on ANY waitlist for any playfield run, don’t hold your breath that you will ever get your playfield. Bad way to run a business. Really bad.

Let the flaming start from CPR and everyone else about how I’ve got it all wrong. And yeah I know with posting this I’ll get banned here from CPR. And I’ll be told that I have no right to call them out.

But this is just not the way you do things. And if this is the way you do think you have to do things you at least add several well placed lines in your emails like “hey just because you are on a waitlist even if it’s several years in length this is no guarantee you are going to see a playfield”. Or heck how about an email saying: “So I know you placed a preorder but we expected a lot more people to drop off so we didn’t make as many this time around in anticipation for this. Unfortunately you drew the short straw”.

I don’t mind companies that screw up or companies that don’t follow thru. It happens. But dear god don’t try to gaslight your customers and expect them to remain your customers and for there to be no repercussions. Flame off.

FA0650F9-01D6-42CA-BCFC-1F442BAB3A88 (resized).pngFA0650F9-01D6-42CA-BCFC-1F442BAB3A88 (resized).png
    #2 5 years ago

One thing I ran into is if you need to change your email in the preorder list... you get moved to the back of the line.

#3 5 years ago

Never had a problem like this myself dealing with CPR over many years. Cpr has always been super fantastic!

#4 5 years ago

If Kevin thinks I’m being overly harsh here or mischaracterizing his response, I’ll happpily post his full reply to me on PM. I just won’t do so without his permission.

#5 5 years ago

You do realize what the Wait-List actually is right? It means you are Not guaranteed a playfield. It means you are "Waiting to see IF they sell out of the run", and if Not then you are in line to "Possibly" be contacted for a purchase, However, there could be many, many people in line in front of you on that same Wait-List.

I have spoken to CPR about how they gauge interest via the Pre-Order list and man have they been burned in the past, buy guess who > the Customers! So many people raise their hand to say I Want It ( get on the pre-order list ) and then Never Actually Purchase it. This leaves CPR holding the bag on Hundreds of Thousands of dollars invested into Playfields that people said they would buy and then didn't. So now, they calculate, as best they can, how many are requested and subtract a percentage based on history of drop-outs, and that's how many they make. This allows them to Sell Every Single Playfield and not get burned in the end. They offer the "wait-list" because they do still get flakes that don't follow through with their promise-to-purchase, which helps a lot of people that missed out on the original pre-order actually get a playfield.

You may be upset because they sold out, but you were Not on their Pre-Order and Not guaranteed to get a Playfield. You were on a "Wait-List", which means you going into this that you might not get one......

#6 5 years ago
    Quoted from Cherries_Jubilee:

You do realize what the Wait-List actually is right? It means you are Not guaranteed a playfield. It means you are "Waiting to see IF they sell out of the run", and if Not then you are in line to "Possibly" be contacted for a purchase, However, there could be many, many people in line in front of you on that same Wait-List.
    I have spoken to CPR about how they gauge interest via the Pre-Order list and man have they been burned in the past, buy guess who > the Customers! So many people raise their hand to say I Want It ( get on the pre-order list ) and then Never Actually Purchase it. This leaves CPR holding the bag on Hundreds of Thousands of dollars invested into Playfields that people said they would buy and then didn't. So now, they calculate, as best they can, how many are requested and subtract a percentage based on history of drop-outs, and that's how many they make. This allows them to Sell Every Single Playfield and not get burned in the end. They offer the "wait-list" because they do still get flakes that don't follow through with their promise-to-purchase, which helps a lot of people that missed out on the original pre-order actually get a playfield.
    You may be upset because they sold out, but you were Not on their Pre-Order and Not guaranteed to get a Playfield. You were on a "Wait-List", which means you going into this that you might not get one......

As I said above their page or email reply did not say “you’ve been added to our waitlist...you might or might not get a playfield”. It did not say: “We are only going to make 100 and you are the 150th person to put your name in the preorder que.” Read the actual email response that I posted here. What part of “if you have this email response it’s been added to our production numbers” that I received 18 months ago was correct here ? I would have happily forked over the full amount upfront if that was what was needed to know I actually had an order in the order que. whether they have been burned or not is hardly my issue to contend with here.

#7 5 years ago

on CPR's old site, Xenon was posted as Full / Open....
    This was also posted:
    "Sometimes we still accept candidates onto waiting lists because we have extra material to extend the run on the fly. If so, a "Full, but Open" email link is provided. If you see a playfield marked "Full, Closed" it means we have a full preorder AND a full waiting list and no ability to extend the run."

Here is the actual listing: and right where you clicked to send in your request was written "click here to email the Standby List in case there are leftovers"
    As per the wayback machine: https://www.waybackmachine.org/web/20180212070226/http://www.classicplayfields.com:80/order.html

Xenon Playfield Preorder Page (resized).pngXenon Playfield Preorder Page (resized).png
    #8 5 years ago

Im guessing with 2 posts and the other post being for something available at CPR, that is a CPR employee.

OK, just about to post this and then another post. I have no dog in the fight, but that is pretty crappy. If you are going to use archive.org, why dont you use the right timeline? He sent the email in 2017, not 2018. Here is the actual link: https://www.waybackmachine.org/web/20170211161119/http://www.classicplayfields.com:80/order.html

Preorders were open still. This is what is on the next page when you click on it (which BOLDY states that you are going to get a playfield):

JUST ONE LAST CHECK BEFORE
    YOU EMAIL YOUR PREORDER INFO...

- You understand your email will be taken as an order to be counted, and a playfield will be made for you.

- You understand your email will signify a promise to buy the playfield at release, when it is ready for you.

#9 5 years ago

I'm not an employee of CPR.....

Quoted from BrewNinja:

Im guessing with 2 posts and the other post being for something available at CPR, that is a CPR employee.

#10 5 years ago
    Quoted from BrewNinja:

OK, just about to post this and then another post. I have no dog in the fight, but that is pretty crappy. If you are going to use archive.org, why dont you use the right timeline? He sent the email in 2017, not 2018. Here is the actual link: https://www.waybackmachine.org/web/20170211161119/http://www.classicplayfields.com:80/order.html
    Preorders were open still. This is what is on the next page when you click on it (which BOLDY states that you are going to get a playfield):
    JUST ONE LAST CHECK BEFORE
    YOU EMAIL YOUR PREORDER INFO...
    - You understand your email will be taken as an order to be counted, and a playfield will be made for you.
    - You understand your email will signify a promise to buy the playfield at release, when it is ready for you.

Yep that’s exactly what it said. Thank you. I was going to pull that out next as if the email apparently wasn’t enough. And when customers have to be doing this to prove they actually placed an order then you have to wonder why are we being customers of this business that views us as the problem for our ridiculous expectations.

#11 5 years ago

pookycade Have you contacted Larry at Starship Fantasy? He preorders Cpr playfields and May have some Xenon playfields in route to him but hasn’t added them to his site yet.

#12 5 years ago

I agree that since Cpr accepted his preorder they should make the playfield. If they aren’t honoring all of their preorders I’m assuming that no one on the preorder list will receive a playfield either as there were no leftovers.

In pookycades case they should commit to running his playfield as soon as they switch to the on demand digital playfield model and offer him a small discount like $100 for his inconvenience. I ran a mail order card game business for 12 years. Occasionally I screwed up a customer’s order. I’d apologize and offer a discount or a free promotional card.

If CPR will continue to do preorders they should require a non-refundable deposit to cover the cost of the raw material the playfield. If the customer fails to follow through with paying the balance when it’s ready to ship, CPR is only out the production labor, ink and clear coat costs. They can try to sell it to another customer for full price, and make a lot more profit. Any of these playfields that don’t sell are stored with little actual investment left in them for Cpr.

#13 5 years ago
    Quoted from bluespin:

pookycade Have you contacted Larry at Starship Fantasy? He preorders Cpr playfields and May have some Xenon playfields in route to him but hasn’t added them to his site yet.

Have not. Will do so if they become available. Thanks for the heads up

And look I’m not trying to rip apart CPR. They fill a vital need. I want them to continue to do so. But just because you are the only game in town doesn’t mean you should feel that you can act like the cable company. Even from the cable company I get a half hearted “we are sorry for your inconvenience”. I’ve been happy in every single transaction with CPR before this. As I told them setting customer expectations is a key part of not getting complaints. Hopefully this public shaming will encourage them to do a better job next time.

#14 5 years ago

Thoughts and prayers.

#15 5 years ago

This exact same thing happened to me with the first run Whirlwind playfield. Never heard from them. I messaged them and got the we don't have any more left reply. I ended up getting one, but it was a bronze version(that does look fantastic btw) because I spoke up they found me one. But for waiting for years for a playfield and then to get a bronze and then almost not one at all is just bad business imo. Why can Mirco bang out playfield after playfield in short amounts of time and always have them in stock and we still have to deal with CPR's horrible business model? I've been waiting for a Sorcerer playfield for years now and I wonder if they will really ever do it. I wish Mirco would bang them out and just be done with it. We won't even comment on the Joust playfield fiasco. I will say though, I have bought several items from them and I personally have found the quality to be good.

#16 5 years ago
    Quoted from jahbarron:

Thoughts and prayers.

No questioning Gaslighting is allowed!

#17 5 years ago
    Quoted from pookycade:

But this is just not the way you do things.

That totally sucks what happened to you.

I'm sure they DID make you a playfield, and a bunch of extras too.

Obviously CPR only makes money when they actually sell you a product; they don't take deposits to even earn interest.

But anything made of wood, or involving outside contractors (like their clearcoat guy) can introduce risks that are outside of CPRs control.

Imagine if 30 of the playfield's clearcoats ended up cloudy and ruined (bad batch of clear).

Or if 40 of the playfields warped a few months after screening (let's say they got wet when a pipe burst).

CPR can't just make 40 more playfields, because that run was months ago. The custom color inks would have to be re-ordered, 9 different screens would have to be burned, odd size inserts ordered.......

Now because Pinside is so toxic, Kev can't just tell you "Sorry man, your playfield got shot with a bad coat of clear and was ruined".

Pinside would go crazy "CPRs clearcoat is trash!!!!!!" , "Better check your Xenons - NOW!!!!!!", "I'm thinking that I'm seeing a curve in my playfield - I'm worried mine may have gotten wet, but dried off and shipped anyway!!!!!!"

It totally sucks, but there will be more Xenon playfields

#18 5 years ago
    Quoted from pookycade:

Have not. Will do so if they become available.

What I was trying to get across was that you should contact Larry now, and not wait until he posts them for sale on his site. Don’t go into the details. Just tell him that you tried to preorder with cpr but were unsuccessful and that you’d appreciate it if he could hold one Xenon playfield for you. Larry’s a really nice guy and will want to help you out. Larry does a lot of business with cpr so don’t drag him into the details of your dealing with cpr.

#19 5 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

That totally sucks what happened to you.
    I'm sure they DID make you a playfield, and a bunch of extras too.
    Obviously CPR only makes money when they actually sell you a product; they don't take deposits to even earn interest.
    But anything made of wood, or involving outside contractors (like their clearcoat guy) can introduce risks that are outside of CPRs control.
    Imagine if 30 of the playfield's clearcoats ended up cloudy and ruined (bad batch of clear).
    Or if 40 of the playfields warped a few months after screening (let's say they got wet when a pipe burst).
    CPR can't just make 40 more playfields, because that run was months ago. The custom color inks would have to be re-ordered, 9 different screens would have to be burned, odd size inserts ordered.......
    Now because Pinside is so toxic, Kev can't just tell you "Sorry man, your playfield got shot with a bad coat of clear and was ruined".
    Pinside would go crazy "CPRs clearcoat is trash!!!!!!" , "Better check your Xenons - NOW!!!!!!", "I'm thinking that I'm seeing a curve in my playfield - I'm worried mine may have gotten wet, but dried off and shipped anyway!!!!!!"
    It totally sucks, but there will be more Xenon playfields

Vid I would have been fine with any explanation that was reasonable and rational. They and the world don’t owe me anything. Instead they said I was on a waitlist - I was not, and therefore was guaranteed nothing -well they expect me to pay when it’s done so should be reciprocal. All he had to do was send a PM apology, even a “we screwed up, our bad”. He didn’t. But with their crappy response, sorry but it’s gonna go public. I wish them no ill, i want them to make money and not be stuck with playfields, I do want them to not do this again, my hope being this thread will make them not do this again. We shall see

#20 5 years ago
    Quoted from pookycade:

Vid I would have been fine with any explanation that was reasonable and rational. They and the world don’t owe me anything. Instead they said I was on a waitlist - I was not, and therefore was guaranteed nothing -well they expect me to pay when it’s done so should be reciprocal. All he had to do was send a PM apology, even a “we screwed up, our bad”. He didn’t. But with their crappy response, sorry but it’s gonna go public. I wish them no ill, i want them to make money and not be stuck with playfields, I do want them to not do this again, my hope being this thread will make them not do this again. We shall see

Count yourself lucky you even got an email back from CPR.

#21 5 years ago
    Quoted from pookycade:

I do want them to not do this again, my hope being this thread will make them not do this again.

Believe me, they don't want it to happen again either.

Whatever happened, they lost money.

They lost money because they lost your sale.

They lost money if a batch of products were damaged and could not be sold.

A few extra playfields from a run will always just be sold to Marco, Starship or whoever - it's not like CPR is terrified that they will make 20 extra playfields.

#22 5 years ago

Hey, I was missed out too... Never got a response... nothing.

#23 5 years ago

Maybe Mirco will run them.

#24 5 years ago

I think we are all very thankful for the companies offering reproductions, but competition is a good thing. Hopefully we continue to have multiple vendors making the same playfields so we have options in terms of quality and customer service.

#25 5 years ago

So to Kevin’s credit he is carrying on a dialog with me. I won’t paste it here out of respect for the PM system. It can really suck running a business sometimes. Some criticism is well warranted, other just feels like one is being bludgeoned. None of this changes the fact I am still ticked off or that they could have handled this far better, but they are responding. And to your point Vid, yeah they lost a potential sale and that’s bad all around. My straight up suggestion here was that for their preorder they actually take a deposit. I have reasonable faith I will get a playfield eventually in that model. It is all a crapshoot though, risk decreasing your production because of not enough people willing to pony up $100 ahead of time or risk having pissed off customers because you didn’t guess how many people really really want the playfield when all their commitment is clicking a button in your website. Given that they are choosing the latter I supposed all I can do is offer to pay in full at the time of ordering and hope that better assures I eventually get something.

#26 5 years ago

One thing to suggest to Kevin is maybe have a system on the site to see what lists they have you signed up for. I am signed up for a couple different playfields and it would be nice to see what number I am in line.

#27 5 years ago

I think the bigger issue is that when you submit for the list (not the waitlist), they say straight on their page, we will make a playfield for you. Then they dont. If they are worried about running too many, its pretty easy to say ok, everyone on the list who wants one, send us $100 non-refundable to keep your spot. Or even do a full payment. CPR has been around a while. Its not like they are new and we have to worry if they will actually ship. Hopefully with the new system coming online, this won't be an issue much longer, but still. Not a great way to handle things.

#28 5 years ago
    Quoted from pookycade:

My straight up suggestion here was that for their preorder they actually take a deposit.

Even if they took a deposit, they can't sell you a playfield they don't have.

If they make 30 extra playfields, and 70 are ruined when a pipe burst, that would still be 40 people that put deposits down, and can not get a playfield.

Did Kev say when the on-demand playfields were going to start being produced?

#29 5 years ago

That is life. Did you pay in full with your pre-order? Nope, they don't take money up front. So, you have nothing but a hope and prayer. How'd that work out, not so good. With hobby businesses, and all pinball companies are hobby businesses, there is no routing business as a result of pinball that matters, you get what you get. When you went to a grocery story and they were out of milk you were pissed but the world didn't come to an end. Did you write a review about it? How about going to a car dealership and they were out, but you were on the waiting list. Did you slander folks or complain, nope. Those are real businesses. Pinball is not a business for 99.99% of the folks participating, its simply a wacky hobby.

#30 5 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Did Kev say when the on-demand playfields were going to start being produced?

No, but I've seen 2019 mentioned. I'm sure we will see non-stop whining about printing playfields with a large form factor printer vs. silkscreening them. (HINT : other PF manufacturers are more than likely going to adopt this method sooner rather than later (if they haven't already)).

I'm just speculating, but I'll bet CPR is fine tuning their printer for printing on a wood substrate before offering up new playfields ... glass and plastic are one thing, but wood has to be a bit different (especially for the perfection demanded by most pinball collectors).

On a side note, something I'd love to see happen is direct print of cabinet artwork to wood, but that's a shipping nightmare . I guess I'll have to wait for these big ass UV dried ink printers to become somewhat affordable for home use . I don't mind decals at all, but I love the look of screened cabinets with a non-glossy clear applied.

#31 5 years ago

Yikes, that is a bad situation. I'm a fan of CPR as well as Vid and pookycade . However I do think pookycade is right. They were 100% gaslighting on the email they sent you when they knew they were out of stock and tried to pretend like the site didn't say if you were signed up you would get one. To be 100% honest I've been guilty of saying I'd buy a playfield(Only informally) (BK2K from Mirco) but then a buddy if mine suggested a playfield protector to smooth it out a bit so I kind of ended up not needing one (That was my bad). Not deliberate or anything it was just that a circumstance had changed however it is uncool to leave the team reproducing these works of art holding the bag. My point being I can see it from both ways as running a business and being profitable is not easy. My hope for this situation is that perhaps one of the gold playfield won't end up being picked up? Or perhaps CPR will have the new pf Robots build pookycade one . Glad they at least got in touch with you after the fact.

#32 5 years ago
    Quoted from megadeth2600:

I'm just speculating, but I'll bet CPR is fine tuning their printer for printing on a wood substrate before offering up new playfields ... glass and plastic are one thing, but wood has to be a bit different

Greatwitch John has been digitally printing playfields on wood the last few years, lot's info in his threads if you are interested.

#33 5 years ago
    Quoted from SuperDaveOsbourn:

That is life. Did you pay in full with your pre-order? Nope, they don't take money up front. So, you have nothing but a hope and prayer. How'd that work out, not so good. With hobby businesses, and all pinball companies are hobby businesses, there is no routing business as a result of pinball that matters, you get what you get. When you went to a grocery story and they were out of milk you were pissed but the world didn't come to an end. Did you write a review about it? How about going to a car dealership and they were out, but you were on the waiting list. Did you slander folks or complain, nope. Those are real businesses. Pinball is not a business for 99.99% of the folks participating, its simply a wacky hobby.

Since their playfields are $600~$800 each and each run is 100 playfields or so. As long they have been in business and how many runs of different games they have made not counting smaller reruns? That's not even counting plastic sets and back glasses.

Even if they are not a punch the clock 8 to 5 every day storefront it is definitely not a hobby for them.

#34 5 years ago

I got a similar email for a pf I was on a waitlist 3 years ago. It was open at the time, the pin is long gone. I just laughed and responded pin was sold long ago. CPR’s preorder list was broken, hoping their new business model improves things.

Maybe...maybe not.

#35 5 years ago

Historically, CPR has had poor communication overall. Their product is in demand, so they feel they do not really need to go the extra mile on communication. It's a shame, but that seems to work for them. I guess you can act that way when you are the only show in town. See these posts:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cpr-experience#post-4199581

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cpr-lacks-response-team#post-4237001

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cpr-email

#36 5 years ago

SO IMO "no one ends up needing a PF at the same time, or has that particular game at the same time.
    If they are only going to run X amount of PF based on a pre-order list, how can any future game owner
    ever get a change to purchase one?

Don't get me wrong, I know stock sitting on a shelf isn't make you money, but you also have to look at the lost
    opportunity's, you are creating by not even having a product available for future sales.

Perfect example: In August I got a chance to buy a Xenon, never could find one locally, that needs a PF
    then I hear that CPR is doing a new run, cool can't wait for it to come out, figuring there would be people who backed out, extra stock etc:
    Reading this tread I now know there won't be any available to the general public, kinda sucks, so now I'm stuck with the only other choice, a overlay!

So I total get pookycade's complaint.

#37 5 years ago
    Quoted from wdennie:

SO IMO "no one ends up needing a PF at the same time, or has that particular game at the same time.
    If they are only going to run X amount of PF based on a pre-order list, how can any future game owner
    ever get a change to purchase one?
    Don't get me wrong, I know stock sitting on a shelf isn't make you money, but you also have to look at the lost
    opportunity's, you are creating by not even having a product available for future sales.
    Perfect example: In August I got a chance to buy a Xenon, never could find one locally, that needs a PF
    then I hear that CPR is doing a new run, cool can't wait for it to come out, figuring there would be people who backed out, extra stock etc:
    Reading this tread I now know there won't be any available to the general public, kinda sucks, so now I'm stuck with the only other choice, a overlay!
    So I total get pookycade's complaint.

wdennie this is Cprs current business model. To solve these issues Cpr will be switching from a large production run of preordered screen printed playfields to an on demand digitally printed process in about three months. Look for a forum where Cpr made their big announcement

#38 5 years ago

Smart move!

#39 5 years ago
    Quoted from pookycade:

I just want everyone to be aware if you are on ANY waitlist for any playfield run, don’t hold your breath that you will ever get your playfield.

That's life. Just like when you agree to buy a machine from someone. It's not yours until it's in your truck. ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN OR GO WRONG. Paid in full, it's yours... until it isn't.

Quoted from pookycade:

And yeah I know with posting this I’ll get banned here from CPR. And I’ll be told that I have no right to call them out.

Banned in what way? This confuses me. You didn't get what you were expecting. You seem a little paranoid here.

#40 5 years ago
    Quoted from snyper2099:

OP
    Quoted from pookycade:
    And yeah I know with posting this I’ll get banned here from CPR. And I’ll be told that I have no right to call them out.
    Banned in what way? This confuses me. You didn't get what you were expecting. You seemed a little paranoid here.

Because if you talk against CPR they might not sell to you. Its kind of like their little dust up with Mirco. If you buy his Joust playfield you can't have plastics or anything else we make for it. Its not Mircos fault CPR sits on playfield lists for years on end and he can whip them out in months.

#41 5 years ago

Sorry, couldn't resist.

2hv4l5 (resized).jpg2hv4l5 (resized).jpg
    #42 5 years ago
    Quoted from Squeakman:

Because if you talk against CPR they might not sell to you. Its kind of like their little dust up with Mirco. If you buy his Joust playfield you can't have plastics or anything else we make for it. Its not Mircos fault CPR sits on playfield lists for years on end and he can whip them out in months.

Where the heck did you hear this? Doesn't sound like CPR behaviour to me, but I don't read every post on here.

#43 5 years ago
    Quoted from Squeakman:

I've not an advocate for either party, but nowhere did anyone from CPR state if you purchase the playfield from Mirco would you not be allowed to purchase the plastics from CPR

what was stated was that both Kevin and Mike (CPR) didn't have any understanding why rick (PPS) would grant Mirco a license for a product (the joust playfield) that they were still taking names to justify enough demand for the run

given that micro's delivery system is different and he can run a single playfield (although the time to program the cnc files, produce/procure any necessary inserts and produce the art file (where original films are not available) still remains the same regardless of whether the playfields are screen or direct printed and how many are produced

#44 5 years ago

You can see how Fender prints all the artwork on their wooden guitars in this video.

That is a monster printer!

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz (resized).jpgzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz (resized).jpg

#45 5 years ago
    Quoted from Squeakman:

You might be thinking of the stories about Stern. There was a Pinsider who was really mad about the dimpling on his Ghostbusters playfield. He started complaining on Pinside about it, and then he asked his distributor to request a replacement playfield. He claimed that Stern wouldn't give him a replacement playfield because of his complaining on Pinside.

#46 5 years ago
    Quoted from j_m_:

why rick (PPS) would grant Mirco a license for a product (the joust playfield) that they were still taking names to justify enough demand for the run

Because some people might like a new playfield in this century. Rick might have realized that CPR's may never happen. I bet it didn't take mirco years to go from rights acquired to "it's ready".

I am on the CPR list for Gorgar, matter of fact after over a year I sent them a email saying I would take 2. Not to hoard one but hopefully get the numbers high enough for production.

#47 5 years ago
    Quoted from j_m_:

I've not an advocate for either party, but nowhere did anyone from CPR state if you purchase the playfield from Mirco would you not be allowed to purchase the plastics from CPR

If you look back at the Banzai Run or Joust playfield threads it is implied that CPR threatened to not sell plastics and other products if they bought Mircos playfield. I have nothing against CPR personally, but I do have a huge problem with their inability to get products out. Mirco doesn't seem to need preorder lists and can make playfields in months rather than years. And he always seems to keep stock of everything. Someone please set me straight and help me understand why CPR can't do the same? apparently Mirco was thinking about doing the upper playfield for Banzai Run since CPR has said they aren't running it. We will see how that goes. This is all just stuff I have read in threads, but it was implied, but not said that CPR wouldn't sell other products to persons buying the Mirco Joust playfield.

#48 5 years ago

How would they even know who bought the other playfield?

#49 5 years ago
    Quoted from BC_Gambit:

How would they even know who bought the other playfield?

I think you have to buy all pieces or nothing? Not sure.

#50 5 years ago
    Quoted from underlord:

I got a similar email for a pf I was on a waitlist 3 years ago. It was open at the time, the pin is long gone. I just laughed and responded pin was sold long ago. CPR’s preorder list was broken, hoping their new business model improves things.
    Maybe...maybe not.

So you committed to buying a playfield and backed out?

There are 62 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/beware-cpr-preorder-lists- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.