Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 19 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Homepin
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 11 years ago

His ever-so-cute Ebay name is cotton_candy_is_yummy , which speaks to his level of maturity.

Denny Stephenson bid on a pinball item I was selling, won the item and then went dark. Of course, no recourse to a seller on Ebay anymore, even though they tell buyers that bid "you are agreeing to and entering into a legally binding contract to purchase the item from the seller" and that "you are agreeing to and entering into a legally binding contract to purchase the item from the seller".

I know Ebay and buyers like this guy suck, and I know stuff happens, and I know I should have just sold it anywhere but Ebay. Don't need any "suggestions", just want to vent and let the pinball community know that this guy is trouble. And so is Ebay, but we already knew that.

I feel better now.

And Denny Stephenson, if you are reading this...(I think) you are a deadbeat bum.

#2 11 years ago

Contact Ebay by phone

#3 11 years ago

What did he buy? I hope it isn't just some leg levellers...

#4 11 years ago

No levelers. It was $400+ for a WH20 Playfield.

It's probably a great idea to check someone's feedback when they pop up early as a bidder. The good thing is, this would have ended a lot worse had the transaction been completed, given his feedback. Seems I am not the only pinhead that has had issues with this guy.

ebay.com link: ws

#5 11 years ago

Denny Stephenson the old MX racer? I doubt it could be a fake name too. Just second chance offer it.

#6 11 years ago

Anyone else have trouble with the link?

"Sorry, we encountered a problem. Please see the details below.

Input Error

We did not successfully receive all the required information from the page. Please go back and ensure that all the fields are filled in."

#7 11 years ago
    Quoted from jrrdw:

Anyone else have trouble with the link?
    "Sorry, we encountered a problem. Please see the details below.
    Input Error

We did not successfully receive all the required information from the page. Please go back and ensure that all the fields are filled in."

Yep, got the same thing.

#8 11 years ago

I can get any other link, but these ebay links no longer work. Not for me....

Yea, I've had a few non-paying bidders. What these ebayers don't realize/care about is it cost sellers to run the auction, and if we re-list, we have to pay re-listing fee's. So the non-paying bidders screw sellers twice.

I rarely use ebay any more greedy bastards!

#9 11 years ago

You dont get final value and listing fees refunded anymore?

#10 11 years ago
    Quoted from jrrdw:

I can get any other link, but these ebay links no longer work. Not for me....
    Yea, I've had a few non-paying bidders. What these ebayers don't realize/care about is it cost sellers to run the auction, and if we re-list, we have to pay re-listing fee's. So the non-paying bidders screw sellers twice.
    I rarely use ebay any more greedy bastards!

I disagree. The only cost is time and frustration from deadbeat bidders. And I have not seen that many. I guess I am lucky.

Recent Ebay experience... I listed a lower value pin on both Pinside and rgp for several weeks with no nibbles. On Monday, I put it up on Ebay at a higher price (to cover my Ebay and PayPal fees) and had two bidders fighting over it within 24 hours. Sold it within two days using Best Offer. The seller is picking it up this weekend and paying cash.

I would hardly call Ebay the name you used. If you play with them right, they serve a great purpose at a reasonable cost.

#11 11 years ago
    Quoted from roc-noc:

I would hardly call Ebay the name you used. If you play with them right, they serve a great purpose at a reasonable cost.

Agree. And calling someone out on a forum is kind of harsh, man. That's what feedback is for...

#12 11 years ago
    Quoted from canea:

Agree. And calling someone out on a forum is kind of harsh, man. That's what feedback is for...

Can you give buyer feedback anymore on ebay?

#13 11 years ago
    Quoted from TomGWI:

Can you give buyer feedback anymore on ebay?

No.

LTG : )

#14 11 years ago

Well should I ever deal with Denny S. in the future, I will be more cautious since reading this thread.
    I've generally had things work out ok for me using ebay, but I am more hesitant to use ebay now compared to even just late 2011. Mostly I've used ebay to purchase items, but have sold two e-m pins on ebay.
    It can be fun to hunt for pinball machines, but the actual buying & selling part is not part of the fun.

#15 11 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

No.
    LTG : )

Wow, that changed at some point, huh?

"Sellers can leave buyers positive Feedback or choose not to leave Feedback."

Kind of defeats the purpose...

#16 11 years ago

Depends on what the "purpose" is. Ebay has decided that buyers are more important to them than sellers, so the playing field is tilted completely in favor of the buyers. The inability of the seller to effectively warn others of bad buyers has been taken away.

Sorry, but you'll see below that he is buying pinball parts from a fellow Pinsider, and may be buying from you too. A public "call out" for cotton_candy_is_yummy is necessary for any seller that cares about his Ebay rating.

In my case, this guy actually left the following feedback for me, just today:

"Seller never sent item. Person is equivalent to a piece of road trash!!!"...and I can't touch him.

Of course, if one takes the time to look, this guy just seems to have really really bad luck on Ebay. Here is feedback he's left for other sellers in case the link doesn't work:

1. Never received. Seller refused refund. Avoid this scam artist at all costs!!!!

Seller:
    Member id jappy11 ( Feedback Score Of 13536)

2. He left the same identical feedback comment 3 additional times.

3. Here's a NEGATIVE he left : Worst communication ever! I did get my item though finally

Seller:
    Member id 8bushka ( Feedback Score Of 135)
    Reply by 8bushka (Dec-17-12 23:14):
    Always responded -BLOCKED BUYER very Abusive emails to me. BEWARE

4. Buyer sold an item that he does not have!! Very shady and I would steer clear!!!

5. Seller refused to ship. No communication from him. Basically like a scam artist!
    Seller:
    Member id pinsidertrading ( Feedback Score Of 186)

Reply by pinsidertrading (Jul-11-12 17:22):
    Buyer refused to confirm information or answer phone. Immediate refund issued

6. Follow-up by cotton_candy_is_yummy (Jul-11-12 18:42):
    Lol this scammer never called. His low DSR scores speak for his reputation.

7. Does not communicate. Beware of what you actually get. May not be the same!!

8. Bootleg dvd!!! This seller is no better than a piece of street garbage!

9. Asked multiple times for tracking and seller never gave to me.

10. Shipping costs were outrageous!

Seller:
    Reply by amusement_one (Mar-27-12 15:21):
    $6.95 is outrageous?

11. Bad customer service. Unwillingly to fufill their part of the deal. Scammers!!!

And here is my favorite:

This seller is a straight pimp! Jesus loves this guy!!! Obama 4 life

#17 11 years ago

Linky no worky? Looks like the redirect Pinside is adding is making it too long and cutting it off.

Try this feedback tool, from toolhaus.org:

http://toolhaus.org/cgi-bin/item-fb?User=cotton_candy_is_yummy&Search=&as_Seller=Buyer&Check=Check&ref=home

It shows the feedback from both parties, and any replies. Takes a while to process though.

#18 11 years ago
    Quoted from JoeGrenuk:

"Seller never sent item. Person is equivalent to a piece of road trash!!!"...and I can't touch him.

Wow...now THAT is harsh!

My experiences with buyers have been pretty good, so the only feedback I've left is positive. Didn't even notice that there's not a "negative" anymore...

#19 11 years ago

My opinion is that a seller 'should' have 24 hours AFTER a sale closes to refuse to do business with the buyer with no penalty. This would allow time to check their feedback and decide if you want to risk dealing with them.

It would also put a stop to morons like this guy as very few would deal with him once they looked at his feedback LEFT for others.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/beware-bad-ebay-buyer-denny-stephenson-meridian-idaho and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.