• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
F5B973D0-7D00-4DDD-AF38-3FD9F93E37A0 (resized).jpeg
#1 1 year ago

My NGS (repro) backglass looks great when it's off, but looks "washed out" when it's on. I feel like I've seen other NGS machines with more vivid colors when the machine is on. Would that be something that only the OG glass would've had, or are there better and worse repro backglasses out there? And I'm not saying this looks bad....the colors just don't look as vivid as I think they should. Plain 47 bulbs behind it incidentally...not LED.
F5B973D0-7D00-4DDD-AF38-3FD9F93E37A0 (resized).jpegF5B973D0-7D00-4DDD-AF38-3FD9F93E37A0 (resized).jpeg

#2 1 year ago

I can only assume that's a CPR glass. They aren't accurate IMO. Wait till it starts bubbling.

#5 1 year ago
Quoted from tomdrum:

OE[quoted image]

Wow...what a huge difference.

Quoted from tomdrum:

I can only assume that's a CPR glass. They aren't accurate IMO. Wait till it starts bubbling.

Are there any options out there other than CPR? Is the one I see at Marco made by CPR?

#6 1 year ago

A trick I used with a bgresto glass was using led dual flex and pointing the LEDs at the light panel to diffuse. This eliminates the hot spots and makes it possible to mix in some colored LEDs to bring out the colors in the glass without overwhelming

#7 1 year ago
Quoted from NeonNoodle:

Are there any options out there other than CPR? Is the one I see at Marco made by CPR?

Marco sells CPR glasses. Coos make a NGS, never had one of their glasses but other people like them:

https://www.coos.net/bingo_e/Backglasses.html

#8 1 year ago

I’d get a translite made before I’d buy a CPR glass. I’ve just seen so many bad ones, like sunburned Captain Picard and magenta Flash Gordon.

I had a NGS with a ruined back glass and gave up the fight and sold the machine . Really hard to find nice original for this one but it really makes the machine if you can get one.

#9 1 year ago

CPR backglasses are total garbage. Their Playfields suck as well. They’re quality control and customer service are both terrible.

#10 1 year ago
Quoted from Mundy53:

CPR backglasses are total garbage. Their Playfields suck as well. Their quality control and customer service are both terrible.

#11 1 year ago
Quoted from tomdrum:

Marco sells CPR glasses. Coos make a NGS, never had one of their glasses but other people like them:
https://www.coos.net/bingo_e/Backglasses.html

What is the technics used for Coos backglass? Is it silk screened ink?

#12 1 year ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

What is the technics used for Coos backglass? Is it silk screened ink?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/better-worse-bally-nitro-ground-shaker-backglass and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.