(Topic ID: 267615)

Better ruleset: Batman 66 or Elvira HOH?

By PanzerFreak

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 54 posts
  • 37 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by rai
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Topic poll

“Which game has the better ruleset?”

• Batman 66 53 votes
    51%
  • Elvira HOH 50 votes
    49%

(103 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

D9A8413B-094A-4425-B231-62A430263D23 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider panzerfreak.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 3 years ago

I may have narrowed my next game down to Batman 66 or Elvira HOH. I've played each game on location a good amount and enjoy both. I'm a fan of objectives based rulesets that tell a themes story well through code and each of these games seem to do that well (maybe Elvira more so?). I also like that both games do a great job with licensed assets and callouts.

Both of these games have a good amount of objectives based modes but it's hard to tell which one is deeper considering more code work is still to come for Elivra. Does either title do a better job of providing the player a journey type experience similar to say LOTR, Hobbit, and WOZ?

Thank you

#4 3 years ago

Thanks for the feedback guys. I read one review on here that said Batman 66 is more about points versus a journey based ruleset. Any truth to that? The game does seem to have a lot of objective based modes.

#9 3 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Funny, these are the exact 2 I have it narrowed down to for my next pin, probably going to be Elvira because the wife absolutely loves it.

Yeah it's a tough choice!

#17 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

So two ways to attack it then?
If you’re looking for an epic journey, batman is definitely not that. Rules are great though.
Haven’t played Elvira since really early on, but I hear great things. Ball times take FOREVER on it though. If that matters to you.

Thanks, good to know. Yeah Elvira is a fun game, really enjoy the interactive toys on the game which all feel used well. Would you or anyone else say that Jurassic Park falls into that epic journey type game?

Part of me also feels like Elvira even has even better theme integration then Batman 66 due to the custom clips and callouts from Elvira as well as custom callouts by Tim Kitzrow.

#23 3 years ago
Quoted from tktlwyr:

I owned BM66 for 8 months. It has good code but I hated the gameplay. Like Pinstein said above, I prefer BDK.
I purchased EHOH after putting some time on .93 code last month. For all you who preach about how great BM66 is, EHOH simply blows BM66 away!
The depth and quality of the code is nothing short of outstanding and only getting better! Although it is a fan layout, there is so much going on, you don’t give it a thought: 9 distinct “haunt” modes, House Party, Deadheads, Freak Fryer, Gappa Angry and the 6 associated side modes, Un-happy Hour, Drive Me Crazy, Gar-goils Gone Wild, Hand is Fate/Manos Wheel, at least 10 different multiballs that are accessible as you progress through the game...
This game is one of the best ever made!

That is great feedback, thanks. I'm now leaning towards Elvira HOH. One thing I like about Elvira is that the house and the crypt are used often throughout the game. Not a lot of games do that and instead restrict toys to a few modes or even just a single mode.

#32 3 years ago

I have a lead on a great priced HUO Batman 66 premium but all these comments about Elvira are making it more tempting. Only have room for one more game at the moment. Lots of good discussion, thanks guys.

#35 3 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Sell Dialed In.

That one is bolted to the floor, really enjoy that game. At the moment I don't want to sell any of my games but would like to add one more.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
ScottyMods

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Docquest Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Grand Rapids, MI
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

8,499 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hollywood, FL
$ 25.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 12.95
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Wayne, IN
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider panzerfreak.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/better-ruleset-batman-66-or-elvira-hoh?tu=panzerfreak and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.