Better Reliability - DI or WOZ

By Krupps4

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 4 years ago

I’m considering entering the market for either a WOZ or DI. Does anyone have any thoughts about one being more reliable than the other? I’ve read several posts about issues with the phone in DI, but was hoping to get some people’s thoughts and perspectives past that. Thanks in advance.

#2 4 years ago

#3 4 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

DI is the best of the few JJP pins in my opinion

I agree with your thoughts about DI. However, I don’t mind the theme as much as others. I know Wonka is out there as well, but I’ve played it a number of times and it just hasn’t grabbed me.

#4 4 years ago

Dialed In has been super reliable for me. It helps that the game is amazing, too.

#5 4 years ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

I agree with your thoughts about DI. However, I don’t mind the theme as much as others. I know Wonka is out there as well, but I’ve played it a number of times and it just hasn’t grabbed me.

I'm sorry I thought it was which is the better game not reliability. I'm gonna remove my comment.

#6 4 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I'm sorry I thought it was which is the better game not reliability. I'm gonna remove my comment.

No worries. I still appreciated your insight!

#7 4 years ago

From one's I have played on location Dialed In seems to be more reliable.

#8 4 years ago

Zero issues on my woz after 3 years of owning still. Can't speak on DI, but I'm confident in both.

#9 4 years ago

Duplicate

#10 4 years ago
Quoted from TomN:

I own a RR and a friend owns a DI...I've had a minor issue or two and he has had a couple as well. All pins have problems at some point. Sometimes it's a roll of the dice as parts availability is becoming an issue even on NIB stuff. Especially the game specific molded parts vs the generic flipper rebuild kits etc.

#11 4 years ago

I feel like my WoZ is falling apart. LED problems, ball lock issues, etc. I don't own a DI, so take that for what it's worth.

#12 4 years ago

Woz - light board issues unless 2.0 boards
DI - most people have issues with the LCD in the phone.

Speaking from experience I had both. DI was less of a problem for me.

#13 4 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

DI - most people have issues with the LCD in the phone.

really?? - most people? If you went through the DI thread and counted how many people described that they had to get replacement phones how many would you estimate ? Five, ten?

#14 4 years ago
Quoted from branlon8:

really?? - most people? If you went through the DI thread and counted how many people described that they had to get replacement phones how many would you estimate ? Five, ten?

Yes... I think the DI trap door is the biggest mech that needs tweaking. Otherwise Di seems really solid.
WOZ seems to be the light boards before 2.0 and the monkey mech seem to be the main issues.
Both pretty solid reliable games.

#15 4 years ago

DI by a mile....WOZ has had all kinds of reliability issues with their earlier builds (light boards, monkey mech)...now the new WOZ is built on the same system as DI so I'm sure its far more reliable than the originals + they eliminated the monkey mech so I guess that solves that problem

#16 4 years ago

I’ve had my Woz since 2013. 2nd gen lightboards

Zero issues

#17 4 years ago
Quoted from branlon8:

Well I know 4 people locally that have had phones replaced including myself. 2 are operators, the rest HUO home buyers. I have to go with what others have experienced. so that's 4 for 4. Have seen the issue here on pinside as well. I guess I should say some people.
Ultimately, yes there have been issues with it.

#18 4 years ago

You can stop in and play both to compare or I can open them up so you can see inside.

http://ssbilliards.com/

Mostly standard cleaning and waxing.

My WOZ had 5 volt LED boards. I converted to 7.5 so I had knowledge for tech support. Did have some static lock ups after cleaning. Converted to 2.0, again so I'd know for tech support. One broken pop bumper bracket on State Fair balloon. That has been about it.

Dialed In. Broke one trap door flap. Phone not working, ended up bios setting on motherboard got corrupted. That has been about it.

My own opinion comes down to get the one you like.

LTG : )

#19 4 years ago

I own both and feel reliability isn't a factor of owning either, both have needed repairs.. However if you get woz I would be sure you have the 2.0 light boards, thats going to be done on mine.

#20 4 years ago

I can't speak on DI, but I will say that out of all of my games, WOZ has problems when it ISN'T played often. If you let it sit too long, the monkey mech seems to "harden" up and other random issues seem to flair up. If I play it every few days, the problems just don't seem to appear. I know this holds true for most pinball machines, but inactivity seems to hit WOZ a bit harder.

#21 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

My own opinion comes down to get the one you like

Thanks Lloyd. I was in last Sunday and played both pins. It’s a toss up that’s why I was asking about reliability. Looking for a tie breaker I guess.

#22 4 years ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

Looking for a tie breaker I guess.

DI is 10X as fun.

That outta clear that up

#23 4 years ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

Looking for a tie breaker I guess.

Tough call. WOZ - a company puts it's heart and soul into the first of anything they do. Dialed In - Pat Lawlor turned loose, no budget constraints like at previous companies he worked for.

LTG : )

#24 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I’ve had my Woz since 2013. 2nd gen lightboards
Zero issues

With ya right there Iceman, October 2013 WOZ ECLE build here and it's been very solid. My Dialed In LE has been solid as well.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

7,275 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Olanta, PA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

5,640 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Worcester, MA
$ 5.00
$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 24.50

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/better-reliability-di-or-woz?hl=homebru and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.