Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

059 (resized).JPG
#1 6 years ago

Overall, which pin is better? T2 or T3?

#2 6 years ago
Quoted from ubpin:

Overall, which pin is better? T2 or T3?

For me, T3. I am not a huge fan of T2. It's really shallow and basically has nothing from the Terminator 2 movie in it. I understand why that is the case, but it still doesn't change that it is a Terminator 2 pin that has almost nothing to do with Terminator 2. It's still fun to play when I see it on occasion and it was fine for it's time, but nowadays I like more depth and challenge in games.

I've owned T3. I don't think it is a top title by any means, but for me it is certainly better than T2 because it is deeper and actually has content from Terminator 3 in the game (whether or not that is a good or bad thing is up to you. )

#3 6 years ago

Aren't they the same?

Seriously though, does anyone own both of these?

T2 is often recognized as a milestone machine... credited as first DMD.

T3 doesn't really improve enough on it, and looking back, even SR is meh about having done it.

But without the context, and if you were going to design one Terminator game and the choice was either T2 or T3, I would choose T3.

#4 6 years ago

I owned a HUO T3 and currently own a HUO T2. I kept the T2.

I really liked both but T2 just won out on art audio and character for me. It's more fast paced, less stop and go.

Not to say T3 isn't a lot of fun, because it most definitely is.

#5 6 years ago

I like T-2 better myself. Although it gets pretty easy after a while.

#6 6 years ago

T3 all the way. I like the shots a lot better and the ramps are very satisfying. I wish it had a skill shot like T2 though

#7 6 years ago

I like T2 better.

#8 6 years ago

The pinside and ipdb ratings seem to favor T2 over T3:
T2 rated 59th on pinside and 44th on ipdb.
T3 rated 137th on pinside and 175th on ipdb.

#11 6 years ago

I've owned each for a while in the past and sold both. If I were to buy one again it would be T3.

T3 definitely has more interesting game play (loved RED mode). T2 is classic but the game itself is very limited and shallow.

#12 6 years ago

But isn't TS better than either T2 or T3 ?

#13 6 years ago

T3 and it's not close.

#14 6 years ago

I prefer the artwork of T2 but I love the gameplay of T3.

#15 6 years ago

Just get both!!!

059 (resized).JPG059 (resized).JPG

#16 6 years ago

I feel the same way. I own both machines and play them both regularly. T3 definitely plays better. The ramps are very gratifying. T2 is a good game too but held up more by its theme.

#17 6 years ago

Why is there no colonoscopy option for the poll?

#18 6 years ago

As a big Terminator fan they are both awesome but T3 is the better pin.

If Heighway sort there sh*t out, I would love to see them follow Alien with a T1 & T2 game.

#19 6 years ago

T2 for the nostalgia.

T3 if you want more game for your money.

#20 6 years ago

T2 is my favorite movie ever and I have fond memories playing T2 the pin on location, but T3 is better in every way except artwork (T3 has a pretty hideous translite and PF).

That said T3 is really easy and grows old in a small collection. T2 has wicked flow and is just fun overall, but very shallow and monotonous.

LAH is the best Arnold pin to me.

#21 6 years ago

Hitting that B ramp on t3 is pretty satisfying..i own only t3 but would love to have them side by side in my collection

#22 6 years ago

I have both and prefer T3 for game play. Red mode rules, add a good sub to fully experience it! (Not the polk. It doesnt get deep enough)

#23 6 years ago
Quoted from nerbflong:

I have both and prefer T3 for game play. Red mode rules, add a good sub to fully experience it! (Not the polk. It doesnt get deep enough)

What sub?

#24 6 years ago

T3 is actually a pretty decent game, especially for what it seems to sell for (cheap!) but you can't deny that T2 is one of the COOLEST looking games ever made. If I had to choose?? Ehhhhh... T2.

#25 6 years ago

ACDC all the way

#26 6 years ago

Hah, using my theater sub, a old sunfire mark IV. Any sub that drops down to 20hz should be good

#27 6 years ago

T2 would be my choice.

T2 is like the Ms Pacman of the arcade. Sure there are better games but what game will get played the most.

We own a T2 and would never get rid of it, I haven't got enough time on T3 to really have an opinion on it. I have played it enough to know I would buy one if I saw one at a good price.

#28 6 years ago

I'd pick T3. I find it a bit more fun.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.95
4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, OH
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

3,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Harrisburg, PA
$ 45.95
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 39.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 12.99
Playfields
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 9.95
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/better-pin-t2-or-t3?hl=noahd42 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.