• Mb 40 votes
    30%
  • Afm 41 votes
    31%
  • Mm 53 votes
    40%

(134 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20160902_042153 (resized).jpg
20160907_003454 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpeg

There are 67 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 2 years ago
Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

Price has nothing to do with value or fun.
This is not a valid justification.

JM has the same depth/quality/speed/toys as AFM or MM. It is also a WPC95.

While I agree that you don't need to have a premium priced title to have fun, I don't think too many people would agree that JM is just as good as AFM/MM. I know plenty of people who have held onto AFM and/or MM for a very long time while rotating out B titles like JM. I don't think they do this just because they are missing something or don't understand pinball. Plus the glove toy sucks.

#52 2 years ago

Not a fan of JM but there are plenty of fun pins that don't cost AFM/MM/MB money. I do really like AFM but have just as much or more fun playing TS that costs half as much.

#53 2 years ago

The part of reason a machine may be "famous" is people have not played multiple unique titles in their lives and cannot give full comparisons. That was the justification creation of this post.
People can post opinions, and they do not have agree with others.
That is something I do respect.
Most people here do not.

Yep owned jm and imo is not in the same league as afm . Ive played all the titles i listed a good bit but wanted to see what others thought about owning them for a while. i really like the themes of afm, mm and mb which is the reason they are so popular imo.

1 month later
#54 2 years ago

Must say that mb is pretty awesome and quite difficult due to the way its setup and the cleared playfield is like ice. All the new parts make it super fast and evil as well.so glad i got it

#55 2 years ago

I love the theme, artwork, 3D imagine on playfield for creature, and the most of all the 3 ramps in MB and call outs. AFM has a ton of shots in a pin which is Great and I wish more games used some of these old features, great call outs, fast and big high scoring. I wish AFM had pop up aliens like the trolls in MM. MM has two great ramps, the castle, save the princess side settle ramp, the trolls, and great call outs. All games destroy me at times when I play them. I still find myself playing MB more and MM but my girlfriend enjoys AFM. I could not decide. But to me I care about which one is the most fun to play which just might be MB in the end.

#56 2 years ago
Quoted from Jackontherocks:

I love the theme, artwork, 3D imagine on playfield for creature, and the most of all the 3 ramps in MB and call outs. AFM has a ton of shots in a pin which is Great and I wish more games used some of these old features, great call outs, fast and big high scoring. I wish AFM had pop up aliens like the trolls in MM. MM has two great ramps, the castle, save the princess side settle ramp, the trolls, and great call outs. All games destroy me at times when I play them. I still find myself playing MB more and MM but my girlfriend enjoys AFM. I could not decide. But to me I care about which one is the most fun to play which just might be MB in the end.

Yea i still play afm alot but mb is my go to for a quick game or to when i only have a few extra minutes to play. My mb is so fast and difficult i haven't even got my dam name in yet which is a first considering how many games ive put on it. I have the outlanes totally open and new sling shot mechs and switchs that are super sensitive and thst combo just power drains consistently lol. I set it up bc most said game was easy and gets boring but i think im gonna drop the outlanes to the middle so i can see more of the game. Overall its lighting and features are pure genus and tons of fun alone with afm.

#57 2 years ago

I think MM is best, then AFM, then MB. As many said, MB I think looks the best of the three but is WAY too easy. This is why I never bought one even back when they were $2500.....guess I should have so I could've kept it and sold it now for $12K! AFM is second because although it is a better game than MB, I still think it is a little too easy. I got to the end of AFM a lot and not so much with MM. Again, this is why I never bought an AFM when they were in the $2K range.....now I never will due to price and since I already have a MM. Yes, the way to win in a tournament is to bash the castle, but how often do you play in tournaments where you just need to get the most points? When I don't play MM for a while and then I play it, I walk away saying, "man, that is a good pin!" I'm really glad they remade it so all the people that couldn't afford one could finally get one. I would have bought the remake had I not already had one! It's a keeper...if it wasn't, I would've sold it a few years ago when I could've gotten $15K for a non restored one. NOT GOING ANYWHERE!

Brian

#58 2 years ago

I previously owned all 3 simultaneously. MM is gone. AFM and MB remain. AFM is just more fun for me and I personally think it is the greatest pin of all-time. MM, while in it's own right is a really great pin, just seemed to me like it was a knock-off of AFM. MB is unique - totally pretty and fun - great theme with good music and unique rules. AFM and MB made the cut for long-term, MM did not. I think you keep MB and pick one between AFM or MM to keep long term. Addendum: If I could pick only 1, I would probably pick AFM as the theme is fun, everyone understands hitting the spaceship and it provides enough challenge that it just works long term.

#59 2 years ago

I absolutely LOVE my MB!

#60 2 years ago

I have all 3 on one wall for many years. MB gets played most often.

#61 2 years ago

There's something unique about mb and afm that is super appealing to me and they are probably the best pins made imo with just a great balance of everything and if set up correctly are quite difficult .

#62 2 years ago

The part of reason a machine may be "famous" is people have not played multiple unique titles in their lives and cannot give full comparisons. That was the justification creation of this post.
People can post opinions, and they do not have agree with others.
That is something I do respect.
Most people here do not.

I agree with this. Just check most of the old ratings on the popular Bally/Williams games versus the so-called B and C list. Most of the hate is for opinions like terrible theme/terrible movie/bad art and not so much the game play. Demolition Man, JM, JD, Shadow, etc have become popular on the secondary market because 90's cheesiness is cool/more acceptable to those who are looking to buy now as opposed to 10 or 15 years ago.

#63 2 years ago

I'd love to own one of theses 90s classic fan layouts someday. When I first started in the hobby, my grail was a MM. The castle is in my opinion the best toy in pinball. It was also the first machine I remember playing, so there is a bit of a nostalgia factor. Now, I keep going back and forth on MM and AFM. Several people, who's opinions I respect, have stated that AFM has a more staying power due to being a more challenging game. With the prices where they are at now, it's hardly worth debating for me. I'd have to get really lucky to get either.

#64 2 years ago

AFM by a mile. Most unique code and just the best overall pinball experience. MM gets stale much faster. MB is a ton of fun but is an easy game. Fantastic for location if it was cheaper but probably the worst of the 3 for a home environment.

#65 2 years ago

for me I would get a different game they are all so similar

but for me its AFM>MB>MM

MB beats MM cause of theme but I think you have the best of the 3

#66 2 years ago

All 3 are fun. Due to the relative simplicity of AFM it is more maintainance friendly than the other 2.
Requires the least attention of all the machines I own.

#67 2 years ago

For anyone saying mb is easy i offer u to come play mine anytime as its very difficult in its current set up.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Langley, BC
$ 89.99
$ 50.00
$ 44.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 279.95
$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 239.00
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 999.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
7,500 (OBO)
Sale Pending!
Des Moines, IA
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
£ 58.00
$ 89.99
Machine - For Sale
The Oc, CA
$ 999.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields
$ 14.95
$ 26.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Boards
PCB Emporium
There are 67 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside