(Topic ID: 211411)

Better Mousin Around/Taxi or White Water?

By Luppin

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 28 posts
  • 22 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Whysnow
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

FB_IMG_1514771943241 (resized).jpg
#1 6 years ago

Planning to trade Wh2O with MA or Taxi. Never played MA or Taxi, just read about them. In terms of fun and lastability, are the two System 11 better than wh2O? The question is only for people that extensively played those machine and know them in depth.

#2 6 years ago

Whitewater would be my choice, if you throw in an earthshaker or funhouse then it's getting tough.

#3 6 years ago

What Donovan said.

#4 6 years ago

1. Your trade opportunity is not clear. Please re-state it
2. Taxi is a nearly perfect, well-balanced layout with 5 long shots, 4 short shots, hurry ups. Great skill shot. Great rules. Theme integration is stellar. Only you know what you like from a subjective standpoint.
3. Make a poll with the possible outcomes (don't trade, trade for A, trade for B, etc.)

-mof

#5 6 years ago

Whitewater and Taxi are both better than Mousin Around. It's fun but not as much as the other two. While I love Taxi and I think it's nearly a perfect playfield, I'd say there's just a little bit more to do with Wh2O, but I have a Taxi and have not been tired of playing it.

#6 6 years ago

I vote white water.

#8 6 years ago

1. Whitewater

11. Taxi
12. Mousing Around

#9 6 years ago
Quoted from Luppin:

Planning to trade Wh2O with MA or Taxi. Never played MA or Taxi, just read about them. In terms of fun and lastability, are the two System 11 better than wh2O? The question is only for people that extensively played those machine and know them in depth.

Well WH20 is a better game than both Taxi and MA. A nice WH20 is a 4500-5000 game. A nice Taxi 1800-2500 a nice MA is 1500-2250 if you can find one. So if money as the measuring stick you may need some make up cash depending on condition of all games involved. So would I do it... Well I sold My Wh20 10 years ago and regretted it. It took my several years to find one reasonably priced and bought it again. I'm sure Taxi would stay in the collection for some time as its a solid system 11. MA may go sooner as the music and game play can be bit limited. Depends on how many other games you have and how much you like Wh20.
Regards,
Al

#10 6 years ago

I have owned all three.
Kept Whitewater by far the shortest, didn't keep my interest like I thought it would, it's fun but not a keeper for me for the money.
As for mousing, if TMNT had that pf and rule set , it would be worth more than funhouse. Brilliant game design and rule set, one of the best sys 11. Owned one three time and always miss it....
Taxi may be the best sys 11 in my book. Great rules, layout, theme, art, callouts..
For me I look for best value often, I think here it's taxi. A can't miss.

#11 6 years ago

I own both Taxi and Mousin Around and can't see myself ever selling either. Both great games. If I was forced to pick one I would go with Mousin for its great flow and difficulty achieving jackpots. It can be tough. Whitewater is a fun game but I'd rather own these two anytime.

#12 6 years ago

I have a mousin around and a taxi....I like the taxi but to my son and myself I like mousin better. If you had a TSPP to trade for a mousin and taxi tell me where you live and I’ll trade my two for that tomorrow...whitewater is fun but I think having those two machines over one machine would be a nice way to go though

#13 6 years ago

I love white water. I miss mine bad. I didn’t really appreciate the game until it was gone. I only sold it to gain the funds for a cftbl.

Taxi however, will never leave my collection unless it is to get a nicer taxi of course.

#14 6 years ago

I have White Water and Mousin Around, as well as Taxi II (diner). Whitewater is a better game than either of the others, but there is something to be said for having 2 new games in the place of 1 old one.....

#15 6 years ago

Restored a Whitewater keeper
Restored a Taxi keeper
Restored a Mousin and it left

#16 6 years ago

Owned all three.

Repurchased a taxi. Top system 11 pin. Whirlwind who?!

Would repurchase a mousin. Amazing game. Amazing rule set for its time. Superb flow. Way way way overlooked by most.

Wh20 I wouldn’t rebuy. Once you reach vacation jackpot, then game got old. Plus is costs an arm and a leg.

The old system 11 progressive jackpots I love.

#17 6 years ago

FB_IMG_1514771943241 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1514771943241 (resized).jpg

#18 6 years ago

WH20 for me too.

#19 6 years ago

For sure mousin and taxi. Way more replay value.

Whitewater is fun, but not as fun as the two combined.

#20 6 years ago

Taxi/Mousin forget the whitewater.

#21 6 years ago

To clarify, I own Wh20 and planning to trade it. I often read that long time owners of MA think it has a very high replay value and it's an excellent game as good as Taxi. Only for people who owned the two games for very long time: which one do you prefer and why?

#22 6 years ago

Are you trading WH20 for just one of those? If so, I hope you're getting some other compensation.

#23 6 years ago
Quoted from Luppin:

To clarify, I own Wh20 and planning to trade it. I often read that long time owners of MA think it has a very high replay value and it's an excellent game as good as Taxi. Only for people who owned the two games for very long time: which one do you prefer and why?

I prefer Mousin over Taxi.

I dont like the spinout skillshot on taxi, MA has better flow, MA has better cheese factor (i like that), MA has the cool ball traps.

Weakness on MA is the center ramp shot can be abused for points, but that can be fixed with an alternative rom or posts being bigger.

Taxi is still a fun classic sys11, but just not as good as MA long term.

#24 6 years ago
Quoted from Luppin:

I've owned both for awhile.

I sold taxi and then repurchased another. Had the pf redone and cleared.

Mousin' I sold as I fell out of pinball for awhile.

Both are top system 11 pins. I give the slight (and I mean slight) edge to taxi. The call outs are funny and unique. And I love the bell and jackpot. Mousin' has a really hard jackpot, which is something I loved. The mousetraps are super cool. Just a killer pin with some awesome ramps.

Mousin usually wears horribly on the cab. Most are faded and torn up decal wise. Taxi is the prettier pin I think.

I would trade a wh20 for a taxi and a mousin in decent shape anyday.

#25 6 years ago
Quoted from Frippertron:

Are you trading WH20 for just one of those? If so, I hope you're getting some other compensation.

I trade wh20 for only one of the two sys11, plus cash obviously.

Regardless humor, theme, etc, and only focusing on lastability and pure gameplay, better MA or Taxi?

#26 6 years ago
Quoted from Luppin:

Regardless humor, theme, call outs, etc, and only focusing on lastability and pure gameplay, better MA or Taxi?

#27 6 years ago
Quoted from Luppin:

Regardless humor, theme, etc, and only focusing on lastability and pure gameplay, better MA or Taxi?

Taxi easily; It's an all time classic.

#28 6 years ago
Quoted from Luppin:

I personally would go with MA, but other will pick Taxi.

Best answer... go play them both and decide.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Montpelier, VA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 12.95
Machine - For Sale
Sugarloaf, CO
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 5.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 12.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Cedar Rapids, IA
$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 99.00
Cabinet Parts
Gizmorama Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Indian Land, SC
$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 23.95
$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 109.00
$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 189.00
Playfield - Plastics
Starcade Amusement

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/better-mousin-aroundtaxi-or-white-water?hl=zene10 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.