42%
  • LOTR 46 votes
    58%

(79 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

tron..jpg
Tron_LOTR.JPG
There are 66 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 11 years ago

I am 99% positive I'm pulling the trigger on a NIB TRON, unless somebody wants to sell me their LE for $6K? didn't think so...

#52 11 years ago

added poll, please vote!

#53 11 years ago

You poll is rather polar

#54 11 years ago

LOTR is superior to 99.5 % of all pinball games ever made. only 4 games out of 1000's can beat it in awesomeness. Tron isn't even in the top 30 in my book.

#55 11 years ago

Different games, Different design teams, Different rulesets.

From my pin-pimp perspective I would say that both of these bitches are FIIIINE bitches! The difference is the "personality" of each bitch.

LotR is the kind of bitch that will milk her trick all day long. Low and slow, that is tempo! She will take you on a long journey that most will never complete and when you think you got "There and back again..." She teases you with a beautiful place that's far, far away. Lose yourself in her and know that your pin-junk is well spent. My goodness, what time is it?

Tron is fast, fun chaotic and while the first wiz-mode is a blast, you still gotta put cash in that box to get to the higher level. The left half is Congo, the right half is Funhouse. Who's up for some African fantasy on the midway? Here she is. You'd better be on point, because she's gonna make you work for that honey.

So, if it was up to me and my stable, the answer is easy. Git' both of these girls workin' for ya' and have the time of your life. Both of them are QUALIFIED! Going back from one table to the next back and forth will give you incredible play and memories. That's what I do with my Shadow and my TZ. Back and forth... love my bitches! However sometimes a pin-pimp needs to make a decision between the woman he loves and the corner he has her workin'.

For me, my bottom bitch would be LotR. But I love me sum' Tron any day of the week as well. Now back to my regularly scheduled honkified reality.

#56 11 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Tron (like IM) is a sparring partner, while LOTR is more like a dance partner. There's a time for both.

What a wonderful analogy. I agree completely.

#57 11 years ago
Quoted from Caucasian2Step:

From my pin-pimp perspective I would say that both of these bitches are FIIIINE bitches! The difference is the "personality" of each bitch.

I love bitches.

#58 11 years ago
Quoted from Caucasian2Step:

Different games, Different design teams, Different rulesets.
LotR is the kind of bitch that will milk her trick all day long. Low and slow, that is tempo! She will take you on a long journey that most will never complete and when you think you got "There and back again..." She teases you with a beautiful place that's far, far away. Lose yourself in her and know that your pin-junk is well spent. My goodness, what time is it?
Tron is fast, fun chaotic and while the first wiz-mode is a blast, you still gotta put cash in that box to get to the higher level. The left half is Congo, the right half is Funhouse. Who's up for some African fantasy on the midway? Here she is. You'd better be on point, because she's gonna make you work for that honey.
So, if it was up to me and my stable, the answer is easy. Git' both of these girls workin' for ya' and have the time of your life. Both of them are QUALIFIED! Going back from one table to the next back and forth will give you incredible play and memories. That's what I do with my Shadow and my TZ. Back and forth... love my bitches! However sometimes a pin-pimp needs to make a decision between the woman he loves and the corner he has her workin'.
For me, my bottom bitch would be LotR. But I love me sum' Tron any day of the week as well. Now back to my regularly scheduled honkified reality.

I have now officially seen everything

1 year later
#60 9 years ago

all have been said already
2 very good pins, but soooo different, nothing to compare

LOTR is a "family" game, everybody will have fun with it
TRON is clearly a killer, with (very) short playtime if you're not a quite good player (than yes, its becoming quickly frustrating, i can see this with people playing mine)

#61 9 years ago

These were my first two pins...bought the same week...and are still with me while many other pins have come and gone.

Great problem to have as far as which to get. Buy one and then start saving for the other.

#62 9 years ago

I bought Tron NIB on the re-run and had never played it before, but I am glad to say (for me) it was by far the best NIB pin. I will probably keep it forever. To me, it's a top5 game of all time. I don't care if it's rated lower on the top100 list.

I have played LOTR many times, never really got the attraction. Same with TSPP and same with WoZ. I understand they are *deep games* but maybe I just don't get the appeal or understand them enough or they seem to play slow (IMO). I don't mean to say no one should like them, just not my cup of tea.

#63 9 years ago

My only concern is that I might get tired of it if I don't mod it up. Not get me wrong, I plan on doing this. But does that make the game that more fun to play. I guess what in also struggling with is a nice lotr modded is around 5.5k but a nib tron is around 6k but it needs so much to make it look kick ass

#64 9 years ago

Love the theme and design of LoTR, but the gameplay just never grabbed me. Someday I'd like to have another one, but it's not top 10. On the other hand, I will ALWAYS have a TRON. Perfect combination of theme, execution, and speed.

Very different games, but I still prefer TRON.

#65 9 years ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

My only concern is that I might get tired of it if I don't mod it up. Not get me wrong, I plan on doing this. But does that make the game that more fun to play. I guess what in also struggling with is a nice lotr modded is around 5.5k but a nib tron is around 6k but it needs so much to make it look kick ass

There are obviously lots of great mods for Tron, and some that are slam dunks to do, like the arcade mod. It's easy and fun to go nuts.

But IMHO (as a modestly modded Tron owner) the only "must have" is Eli's ramps. Everything else is nice, some more than other, but the fiberoptics make the game. Of course that's a $400 add on.

#66 9 years ago

I have 12 pins lined up (plus many more in the past) and Tron gets the most plays by me and most of my pinhead friends. Lotr is a fine game but the spectacle, sound and speed of Tron is so far unparalleled in my eyes.

tron..jpgtron..jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Anderson, SC
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 8.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
$ 41.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 66 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/better-gameplay-tron-or-lotr/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.