• 19 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by DrJoe
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

A3381FE7-BC49-4515-B11B-B50B0B28463A (resized).jpeg
54ED15CC-aerosmith-video-of-mama-kin-from-aerosmith-rocks-donington-2014-streaming-image (resized).jpg

#1 4 years ago

Any thoughts? Depth, fun, achievability.

#2 4 years ago

I have a lot of time on both. After the huge AS update I would give the edge to AS. I am more of a Kiss music fun than an Areosmith fan but I like the AS rules more now.

#3 4 years ago

Own AS, buddy owns KISS. I say they are both equal. Neither is up to full potential though.

#4 4 years ago
Quoted from titanpenguin:

Own AS, buddy owns KISS. I say they are both equal. Neither is up to full potential though.

I own both machines and I agree with this statement both are pretty equal neither has some amazing code to beat the other.

#5 4 years ago

I love both. I owned a KISS Pro and do miss it. I thought it was a great machine. I would own one again for sure.

#7 4 years ago

Kiss for me, I think the HOF multi ball is very cool, as is going for city combos
Plus 2 wizard modes and cooler tunes

#8 4 years ago

KISS.

Both fun but Gene call outs really take KISS up a level.

Also can get insanely high super jackpots using the song multipliers and shot multipliers combined.

KISS animations are pretty poor so AS wins there by a mile.

#9 4 years ago

kiss for sure

#10 4 years ago

All day , every day

54ED15CC-aerosmith-video-of-mama-kin-from-aerosmith-rocks-donington-2014-streaming-image (resized).jpg54ED15CC-aerosmith-video-of-mama-kin-from-aerosmith-rocks-donington-2014-streaming-image (resized).jpg
#11 4 years ago

Code is very similar.

Had KISS - sold it for Aerosmith and don’t regret it. Toybox makes the difference, never gets old. Whereas Starchild area on KISS is a bit lame.

Both fun games though.

rd

#12 4 years ago

I own both. I feel like Kiss is more polished. Also better light shows. I enjoy lighting the matrix on Kiss and completing the songs. Just feels like more things to shoot for than AS.

#13 4 years ago

After last code drop, KISS for me...Great fun, yet overlooked by many...

AS is fun, but definitely enjoy KISS more...

#14 4 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Code is very similar.
Had KISS - sold it for Aerosmith and don’t regret it. Toybox makes the difference, never gets old. Whereas Starchild area on KISS is a bit lame.
Both fun games though.
rd

I inspired myself enough to go out to the games room and have a game ... mines all set up tough for competition... I got to the end for the first time ever. Win!

rd

A3381FE7-BC49-4515-B11B-B50B0B28463A (resized).jpegA3381FE7-BC49-4515-B11B-B50B0B28463A (resized).jpeg
#15 4 years ago

Better code goes to kiss. Aerosmith has some bugs in the modes that need to be squashed. Serious exploits. The one thing the kids has going for it it makes such a huge difference is the combo rule set. Doubling the score on your shot at any time during the game means that a big jackpot whether it's in the star child arch or somewhere down Gene's neck can be doubled by hitting a ramp first and then making A skillful shot on the fly to double a super jackpot shot. It's the simplest of real designs it makes such a huge difference on this game. Playfield multipliers for completing modes within a single ball of play means that long term skillful defense and accurate shots will give you a huge score. That is the essence of the rules Awarding great scores for great play.

Code / rules, kiss is the winner.

Both games are Jon Borg designs and they have their own interesting lock mechanisms. I'm not a big fan of the four or three bumpers on the lower left-hand side of the game on Aerosmith, it's a killer, I've seen the ball hit a pop bumper and go straight out the left outline. With a bit of consistency.

Other than that, grandpa rock is where it's at!

#16 4 years ago

The real winner here is AC/DC followed closely by Metallica and The Walking Dead.

Sorry (not sorry)' couldn't help it...

#17 4 years ago

I.ron Maiden is probably the most fun, best code out there for a grandpa rock stern game. Good thing the op has twd, met and I.ron Maiden in his collection already.

#18 4 years ago

Kiss is better.

#19 4 years ago

AS by a mile!

#20 4 years ago

Pretty sure Aerosmith has that same combo rule, i.e. doubles the score of the next shot (this is why shots flash rapidly)

Quoted from Caucasian2Step:

Better code goes to kiss. Aerosmith has some bugs in the modes that need to be squashed. Serious exploits. The one thing the kids has going for it it makes such a huge difference is the combo rule set. Doubling the score on your shot at any time during the game means that a big jackpot whether it's in the star child arch or somewhere down Gene's neck can be doubled by hitting a ramp first and then making A skillful shot on the fly to double a super jackpot shot. It's the simplest of real designs it makes such a huge difference on this game. Playfield multipliers for completing modes within a single ball of play means that long term skillful defense and accurate shots will give you a huge score. That is the essence of the rules Awarding great scores for great play.
Code / rules, kiss is the winner.
Both games are Jon Borg designs and they have their own interesting lock mechanisms. I'm not a big fan of the four or three bumpers on the lower left-hand side of the game on Aerosmith, it's a killer, I've seen the ball hit a pop bumper and go straight out the left outline. With a bit of consistency.
Other than that, grandpa rock is where it's at!

#21 4 years ago
Quoted from UNCgump:

Pretty sure Aerosmith has that same combo rule, i.e. doubles the score of the next shot (this is why shots flash rapidly)

It does.

rd

#22 4 years ago

I guess I just like KISS better (and shall not look at anymore rotordave scores, as he destroys all games he plays )

#23 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I guess I just like KISS better (and shall not look at anymore rotordave scores, as he destroys all games he plays )

Dunno about that! I never got a really good score on the KISS I had. That was before the update though.

Both my KISS and AS had very tight left orbits - the ball would choke and stop on most shots. They weren’t assembled right. I only recently fixed my AS after watching a video in the AS thread, this guy was whizzing balls around the left orbit and my game never did that. It’s better now, but still not as good as his one.

rd

#24 4 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Dunno about that! I never got a really good score on the KISS I had. That was before the update though.
Both my KISS and AS had very tight left orbits - the ball would choke and stop on most shots. They weren’t assembled right. I only recently fixed my AS after watching a video in the AS thread, this guy was whizzing balls around the left orbit and my game never did that. It’s better now, but still not as good as his one.
rd

I've tried your approach to BM66, and end up cursing it and walking away...Your posts are always a great read ( with straight ahead approach)...Just have to turn my head at the scores...Whew...great player!!!

#25 4 years ago
Quoted from CreepyTom:

Any thoughts? Depth, fun, achievability.

Just add a poll and be done with it.

#26 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I've tried your approach to BM66, and end up cursing it and walking away...Your posts are always a great read ( with straight ahead approach)...Just have to turn my head at the scores...Whew...great player!!!

Not these days - have you seen some of those crazy scores they’re posting now with all the multipliers running? Like 30 billion ... I think my best recently is 10b.

Those huge scores are “all the stars aligned” though - it’s very hard to get everything running perfectly.

All my machines are set up for the competitions I run, so they tend to be set up pretty tough. Otherwise the games go on too long, and that’s not ideal ...

rd

#27 4 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Not these days - have you seen some of those crazy scores they’re posting now with all the multipliers running? Like 30 billion ... I think my best recently is 10b.
Those huge scores are “all the stars aligned” though - it’s very hard to get everything running perfectly.
All my machines are set up for the competitions I run, so they tend to be set up pretty tough. Otherwise the games go on too long, and that’s not ideal ...
rd

Agreed...I get the occasional run, and are content w that....BM66 is another world... generally need bourbon to calm my nerves w that one...So many ways to play, and so frustrating when you "almost" get things lined up....Crazy scores posted for sure...

#28 4 years ago

Kiss > Aerosmith imo

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 175.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop
Other
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/better-code-aerosmith-or-kiss and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.